THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kevvie is only trying to see who works well with each other due to injuries and origin. To be honest he is doing a better job then Benji Marshall a bit of Shade towards my mum's Tigers. Kev admits what went wrong and what went right with us

Just because a fan might or might not rate a coach doesnt mean they are an anti fan. Thats a bad take.
Sorry but if your calling to replace the coach (like most of the anti-fans are) after year on year consecutive improvements coming from the wooden spoon three years prior getting blown off the park by 50 points each week to making a GF 10 months ago. Having no respectfor the coach who took us there despite him being one of the clubs greatest ever players, 5 premierships in a key position...

I mean the morons that resurfaced the cobbo comments this week. How belligerent. Cobbo probably the Broncos dumbest ever player, made a huge mistake and was made to look like a complete fool after we made the GF that same year. But to the Anti-fans who are equally stupid feel the need to resurface the comments to justify their opinion that he cant coach? I mean seriously. Get a grip you pack of apes and start backing the team you claim to support. Kevy is the Brisbane Broncos. He has been apart of every bit of success we have had in some way or another...

Sorry but if your calling to replace the coach (like most of the anti-fans are) after year on year consecutive improvements coming from the wooden spoon three years prior getting blown off the park by 50 points each week to making a GF 10 months ago. Having no respectfor the coach who took us there despite him being one of the clubs greatest ever players, 5 premierships in a key position...

I mean the morons that resurfaced the cobbo comments this week. How belligerent. Cobbo probably the Broncos dumbest ever player, made a huge mistake and was made to look like a complete fool after we made the GF that same year. But to the Anti-fans who are equally stupid feel the need to resurface the comments to justify their opinion that he cant coach? I mean seriously. Get a grip you pack of apes and start backing the team you claim to support. Kevy is the Brisbane Broncos. He has been apart of every bit of success we have had in some way or another...
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 **** me that's funny.
Needed a laugh.

I mean the morons that resurfaced the cobbo comments this week. How belligerent. Cobbo probably the Broncos dumbest ever player made a huge mistake and was made to look like a complete fool after we made the GF that same year. But to the Anti-fans who are equally stupid feel the need to resurface the comments to justify their opinion that he cant coach? I mean seriously. Get a grip you pack of apes and start backing the team you claim to support. Kevy is the Brisbane Broncos. He has been apart of every bit of success we have had in some way or another...

First of all, calling people morons because they dont share your opinion is pretty pathetic. Thats absolutely embarrassing and says a great deal about you as an individual. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Secondly, you can be critical and still have respect for people. Doesnt make you an anti fan. I love Kevvie i have huge respect for him, but i can still be critical, and i can still give him praise as well.

Supporting a team also doesnt mean blindly following whatever they do. You also have to remember people can spend plenty of money going to games and get behind the team at Suncorp, then come on here and vent at what they like or dont like about our performance. Its two totally different situations.

This really does just seem to be a case of Kevvie just can't do anything right in the eyes of some, this is a really silly thing to have a go at him about.
You’re in full time Kev defence duty. I wasn’t criticising him at all. I was praising him for not resting origin players.

The season is on the line and he has acted accordingly - especially with rolling the dice with an underdone Reynolds.

I’m complimenting the guy!

All I meant was had he gone down the resting players route, and lost then missed the finals, he would’ve been hammered - rightly or wrongly.

You’re in full time Kev defence duty. I wasn’t criticising him at all. I was praising him for not resting origin players.

The season is on the line and he has acted accordingly - especially with rolling the dice with an underdone Reynolds.

All I meant was had he gone down the resting players route, and lost then missed the finals, he would’ve been hammered - rightly or wrongly.

I feel some people cant handle any criticism of him. I personally feel most people on here are pretty balanced with their praise and criticism.

I feel some people cant handle any criticism of him. I personally feel most people on here are pretty balanced with their praise and criticism.
I get it. It’s human nature to slowly move toward the extremes when discussing opposing views.

Someone, sometimes me, will say something cooked about Kev and so someone will feel the need to go the other way just as strongly. I would say if we actually spent time trying to understand each others positions it would be closer in most cases than we might expect.

Who’s got time for that though - especially when there are always multiple people jumping into any given discussion. It all just gets thrown in together.

In my case, I bring it on myself because I often switch between being tongue in cheek and being semi-serious.

I get it. It’s human nature to slowly move toward the extremes when discussing opposing views.

Someone, sometimes me, will say something cooked about Kev and so someone will feel the need to go the other way just as strongly. I would say if we actually spent time trying to understand each others positions it would be closer in most cases than we might expect.

Who’s got time for that though - especially when there are always multiple people jumping into any given discussion. It all just gets thrown in together.

In my case, I bring it on myself because I often switch between being tongue in cheek and being semi-serious.
That's generally the nature of anything discussed online, because unlike a discussion in person your words just sit there with no change until a response is given.

Not sure how you expect people to get that from:

We are in all or nothing territory. Not resting players may backfire but resting them and losing would’ve been another mark against Kev. I couldn’t believe he was even humouring the idea.

There is nothing wrong at all with coming out and saying we will see how they pull up and medical advice, etc. It does two things:
1. Shows we care about our players well being
2. Challenges the players to show they want to take it on themselves to back up and shows the non-origin players what it means to the superstars

Not hard to 'believe he was even humouring the idea'

First of all, calling people morons because they dont share your opinion is pretty pathetic. Thats absolutely embarrassing and says a great deal about you as an individual. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Secondly, you can be critical and still have respect for people. Doesnt make you an anti fan. I love Kevvie i have huge respect for him, but i can still be critical, and i can still give him praise as well.

Supporting a team also doesnt mean blindly following whatever they do. You also have to remember people can spend plenty of money going to games and get behind the team at Suncorp, then come on here and vent at what they like or dont like about our performance. Its two totally different situations.
Fair points, all of them but some of the flack he cops is moronic, Specifically surfacing the Cobbo comments again. He has obviously proven he can coach. Blokes like Carrigan, Haas, Reynolds, Walsh, Mam wouldnt be playing for us if it was anything otherwise.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 **** me that's funny.
Needed a laugh.
None of it untrue though i guess.

Not sure how you expect people to get that from:

There is nothing wrong at all with coming out and saying we will see how they pull up and medical advice, etc. It does two things:
1. Shows we care about our players well being
2. Challenges the players to show they want to take it on themselves to back up and shows the non-origin players what it means to the superstars

Not hard to 'believe he was even humouring the idea'
I don't care what he said, I care what he did - which was the right thing. Played the origin players.

He was making it sound like it was a low chance of him picking them which shocked me, hence the couldn’t believe statement. That was how I felt at the time, but he obviously was closer to picking them than he let on.

He picked them, like most other teams did, and it paid off.

Fair points, all of them but some of the flack he cops is moronic, Specifically surfacing the Cobbo comments again. He has obviously proven he can coach. Blokes like Carrigan, Haas, Reynolds, Walsh, Mam wouldnt be playing for us if it was anything otherwise.

None of it untrue though i guess.

I've always said he can coach. The style of footy he wants us to play is entertaining and brilliant to watch, but as i've said previously, i still dont think there is enough resilience in the team and enough of a simple game plan where everyone can just drop back to a system where we are doing the basics. We are an all or nothing team imo.

Maybe this is where he needs to lean on the people around him more. Going to be interesting to see who replaces Cartwright and Briers.

I've always said he can coach. The style of footy he wants us to play is entertaining and brilliant to watch, but as i've said previously, i still dont think there is enough resilience in the team and enough of a simple game plan where everyone can just drop back to a system where we are doing the basics. We are an all or nothing team imo.

Maybe this is where he needs to lean on the people around him more. Going to be interesting to see who replaces Cartwright and Briers.
really need walsh or mam when shit isnt going right to be another voice to let our players know to put the flashy shit away when it isnt going right and play simple football when it is needed kinda the feel i got from the last 15 of the knights game reynolds seem to sit back a bit more and let mam and walsh be a bit more hands on could be totally wrong but just how it seemed to me

really need walsh or mam when shit isnt going right to be another voice to let our players know to put the flashy shit away when it isnt going right and play simple football when it is needed kinda the feel i got from the last 15 of the knights game reynolds seem to sit back a bit more and let mam and walsh be a bit more hands on could be totally wrong but just how it seemed to me

Totally agree. I feel we have that voice in the forwards with Carrigan, and we have it with Arey when he's in the team, but we dont have enough of it elsewhere.

Honestly though you can attribute two losses through origin on errors alone, probably Tristan Sailor specifically. I was a staunch defender of his and was totally wrong. He has the flashy parts of his game but just cant fall back on catching the high ball, running and organising the defence. As much as Walsh tries to push a pass or comes up with an attacking error here or there he is pretty safe at the back under the high ball. Much safer than Tristan.

Totally agree. I feel we have that voice in the forwards with Carrigan, and we have it with Arey when he's in the team, but we dont have enough of it elsewhere.
Especially when a prominent voice like Walsh is one of the ones out there wanting to take shot after shot.

We had 14 errors yesterday and they've got him down for 3, but I reckon he caused at least another 2-3... one definitely to Mariner passing on a kick return and then another on Staggs dumping it back to him after running sideways.

If you look at the Storm and Penrith, they both have Luai and Hughes to fall back on during their period of injured playmakers. Mam is just not there yet although i will say the last 30 minutes of the Dragons game he played both sides of the field and actually looked quite comfortable.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Scorchie
  • Porthoz
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • jd87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Redfern_1980
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • Nerd
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.