THE COACH Kevin Walters

Havent seen this article pop up anywhere as yet, but it was something that popped up on 360 last night and sounds very much like a convo between Ikin and Kevvie associated with the type of players we want to recruit and retain.

Havent seen this article pop up anywhere as yet, but it was something that popped up on 360 last night and sounds very much like a convo between Ikin and Kevvie associated with the type of players we want to recruit and retain.

That was a smart move from all involved

I watched that last night and the difference in how we are being reported on now compared to the previous years is marked. But they are right, Kev now looks as though he is growing into the role and he does look much more relaxed. It is amazing how winning some games can make such a difference to the entire squad and the coach.

They look like a happy and united team that is galvanising around the leadership group in the team and the coaching staff. What a change from where we have been.

I watched that last night and the difference in how we are being reported on now compared to the previous years is marked. But they are right, Kev now looks as though he is growing into the role and he does look much more relaxed. It is amazing how winning some games can make such a difference to the entire squad and the coach.

They look like a happy and united team that is galvanising around the leadership group in the team and the coaching staff. What a change from where we have been.

Winning is everything in any sport really, even on here.. players had a spot in QLD Cup, Kevvie was on the outer, the bloke selling pies at your local bakery was a chance at a head coach gig..

Winning is everything in any sport really, even on here.. players had a spot in QLD Cup, Kevvie was on the outer, the bloke selling pies at your local bakery was a chance at a head coach gig..
Pies?

AF0FE2A3 6E96 48E4 8B65 1EB453337FA8

Still not getting ahead of myself just yet
Yep, a couple of good wins don't make a season. We could very easily get smashed by Manly and back to the "fire Kev" and "our team is fucking dumb" camp.

Reynolds apparently went over and signed stuff for Souths fans, thanked them for their support over the years. Pretty classy IMO.

I used to bag him as a one-dimensional player, he had a great short kicking game and nothing else, like he got zero line break assists one year, it was all kicks and no running or passing game. Either he has developed a lot since then or I was just wrong, probably both. The fact that he was named captain before playing a single game for us was a bold call, but 100% the correct one.

He’s added more to his game in the past couple of years and has gone up a level. He followed in the tradition of halves getting better and understanding the role better as they hit their late 20’s.

The same thing is happening to Moses. He’s starting to understand his role better and understand game management.

Can someone post the article about kevvie "having a go" at Bennett. Doubt there was anything to it, but if he has good on him but at the same time it would mean something bad has happened...

Can someone post the article about kevvie "having a go" at Bennett. Doubt there was anything to it, but if he has good on him but at the same time it would mean something bad has happened...
It's utter Badel tripe as usual.

He's "taken aim" at Bennett.

Here's what he actually said about Dolphins targetting our players.

“I’m confident we will keep those guys, they can see we are building something special here,” Walters said. “It does gets tricky when you have a number of guys off-contract and you have to get your balance right with the salary cap.“I’m confident we will keep those guys, they can see we are building something special here,” Walters said. “It does gets tricky when you have a number of guys off-contract and you have to get your balance right with the salary cap.

“But in the case of Herbie, he has cut his teeth here. “It has been tough going for him coming into first grade, but like the rest of us, Herbie can see good times ahead at the Broncos so we want to make sure we keep developing him as a player because he is a special one for us.”“But in the case of Herbie, he has cut his teeth here. “It has been tough going for him coming into first grade, but like the rest of us, Herbie can see good times ahead at the Broncos so we want to make sure we keep developing him as a player because he is a special one for us.”

Herbie: “I don’t think I will make a call this week, but it’s definitely coming to these next couple of weeks,” he said. “I’m not going to rush things. When the moment is right I will make the call. When it suits both parties, we’ll come to an agreement. “It would be awesome to play finals football. I haven’t played finals since I’ve come into the NRL so I’d love to experience it. “Being the big club that we are, the Broncos should be in there every year, but we’re not getting too carried away. The Knights are coming off a win so it will be a tough game next week away from home.”

Kevvie about Cobbo:

“Selwyn looks good in Broncos colours and we intend keeping him here for many years,” he said. “I want to our guys all connected together here. Life is not all about money, it does help, but it’s not the only factor. “The environment they are playing in and creating themselves is a huge one for us and we feel we are on the right pathway as far as that goes. “Now it’s just getting consistent performances over the next five or six weeks and seeing where that takes us.”

“I’m confident we will keep those guys, they can see we are building something special here,” Walters said. “It does gets tricky when you have a number of guys off-contract and you have to get your balance right with the salary cap.“I’m confident we will keep those guys, they can see we are building something special here,” Walters said. “It does gets tricky when you have a number of guys off-contract and you have to get your balance right with the salary cap.

“But in the case of Herbie, he has cut his teeth here. “It has been tough going for him coming into first grade, but like the rest of us, Herbie can see good times ahead at the Broncos so we want to make sure we keep developing him as a player because he is a special one for us.”“But in the case of Herbie, he has cut his teeth here. “It has been tough going for him coming into first grade, but like the rest of us, Herbie can see good times ahead at the Broncos so we want to make sure we keep developing him as a player because he is a special one for us.”

Herbie: “I don’t think I will make a call this week, but it’s definitely coming to these next couple of weeks,” he said. “I’m not going to rush things. When the moment is right I will make the call. When it suits both parties, we’ll come to an agreement. “It would be awesome to play finals football. I haven’t played finals since I’ve come into the NRL so I’d love to experience it. “Being the big club that we are, the Broncos should be in there every year, but we’re not getting too carried away. The Knights are coming off a win so it will be a tough game next week away from home.”

Kevvie about Cobbo:

“Selwyn looks good in Broncos colours and we intend keeping him here for many years,” he said. “I want to our guys all connected together here. Life is not all about money, it does help, but it’s not the only factor. “The environment they are playing in and creating themselves is a huge one for us and we feel we are on the right pathway as far as that goes. “Now it’s just getting consistent performances over the next five or six weeks and seeing where that takes us.”
51DB7B59 D1B5 4D77 80B5 1223F2AEF65F

Attachments

• 5D62909C-BC93-442C-B7A6-574E1444EF01.gif
    5D62909C-BC93-442C-B7A6-574E1444EF01.gif
    1 MB · Views: 47

Kevvie about Cobbo:

Wow, he seriously used that post-game presser as an attack on the Dolphins? Man, that is a loose bow even for a loose journalist.

Just in case anyone needs more proof Badel is an idiot:

This is is Kevvie 'taking aim' at Redcliffe. And yes, good luck finding anything at all that resembles 'taking aim'. Of course, no doubt we all use English expressions wrong as will no doubt be pointed out by our resident Badel defender.

Just in case anyone needs more proof Badel is an idiot:

This is is Kevvie 'taking aim' at Redcliffe. And yes, good luck finding anything at all that resembles 'taking aim'. Of course, no doubt we all use English expressions wrong as will no doubt be pointed out by our resident Badel defender.
You have got it completely wrong, Kev was set to take aim at WB and the Dolphins.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • HarryAllan7
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FGfrom50
  • kiwibronco
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • The Don
  • BooKhaki
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • Stix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.