Kevvie needs to get on the beers

Just sounds like rewarding players with a fun day out that they don't deserve at the moment to me, but we all know that isn't the mentality management had when they cancelled it. Once again it's all about them, not the club.

Let's see the club win, rather than lose 13 games in a row. That might generate different stories. Just an idea.
News Corp journos are salivating at the thought of us going 0-6 to start the season.

There's way more clicks in us being absolute shit. The media runs on confected outrage.

I still don't trust Tallis.
I reckon he would have spent the entire race day in the ears of blokes like Coates and Staggs hinting at just how awesome things down the road are and how much Fifita misses them.
As others have said, lets reward these players when they do something reward-worthy.

They’re allowed only one piss up at the end of the year and they only get one beer per win.

Last edited:
Parker is spot on. Also takes big kahunas to say it on the record because the old boys are going to go after him now.
really its only the old boy that has been vocal of late that he has to worry about i think the other 238 would understand where parker is coming from,just not the one that values his own opinion above all others.

Just sounds like rewarding players with a fun day out that they don't deserve at the moment to me, but we all know that isn't the mentality management had when they cancelled it. Once again it's all about them, not the club.
I think the point of it isn't to "reward" the players but to lift spirits and build solidarity within the roster by making them feel like they belong to something that stretches back to a time when the club was successful. Not just successful, but ominous. This is what Kevvie was brought in to do, not neccessarily to win straight out of the gate.

Right now the club is hemorrhaging the players they want to keep, while being lumped with white elephants like Milford. Not only is the club short of money under the cap, but it's lacking the appeal to attract players for the longhaul in the hope of it paying off later.

Shutting down the fun as a way of punishment might seem like the appropriate medicine, but it also might drive them away from the club to somewhere they don't need to be punished.

Losing Walsh - by far the brightest prospect they had coming through - should be a massive wakeup call that they need to make players want to stay because they don't want to leave the family. This is like when the Cowboys let Ponga go.

Blaming the media for shining a torch on the club's rotten underbelly is only sweeping the problem under the rug.

Last edited:
I bet Tallis was the one who organised it. Stupidest idea to schedule it (or the Kia bullshit) the day after a game. I wonder how many players put in half hearted efforts on Friday night because they were conserving energy for a big party on Saturday.

Beyond Locky era, the current generation probably don't even know who these "old boys" are.

I bet Tallis was the one who organised it. Stupidest idea to schedule it (or the Kia bullshit) the day after a game. I wonder how many players put in half hearted efforts on Friday night because they were conserving energy for a big party on Saturday.
The day after is the only day they could have one. That's their off day. If they'd have chosen any other day, it would've been a bigger issue.

I somehow doubt having drinks with the old boys would've been their priority.

Beyond Locky era, the current generation probably don't even know who these "old boys" are.
Well yes, that was the point of the team day: for young players to mingle with the old, feel like they're part of a longer story, get tips and encouragement, build bridges to the past.

I don't necessarily agree with Tallis' level of hysteria, but I do to the extent that if that's what Walters wanted as part of his Kevolution, they should've let him do it.

Last edited:
The day after is the only day they could have one. That's their off day. If they'd have chosen any other day, it would've been a bigger issue.

I somehow doubt having drinks with the old boys would've been their priority.

Well yes, that was the point of the team day: for young players to mingle with the old, feel like they're part of a longer story, get tips and encouragement, build bridges to the past.
No game day is their off day. Playing footy was also not their priority.

Funny the club organised this sponsor shit on what’s supposed to be their day off.

Funny the club organised this sponsor shit on what’s supposed to be their day off.
They're not in a nunnery.

Last edited:

Sponsors pay the bills and clearly Saturday’s are the best day for people buying cars.

Have no issues with it. Theres been enough dumb decisions made when they are out before, the squad would be well and truley aware what would happen if they played up. I would trust kevvie and the older heads to keep them in line. If we cant/couldnt - then at what point can we trust the seniors???

I think the point of it isn't to "reward" the players but to lift spirits and build solidarity within the roster by making them feel like they belong to something that stretches back to a time when the club was successful. Not just successful, but ominous. This is what Kevvie was brought in to do, not neccessarily to win straight out of the gate.

Right now the club is hemorrhaging the players they want to keep, while being lumped with white elephants like Milford. Not only is the club short of money under the cap, but it's lacking the appeal to attract players for the longhaul in the hope of it paying off later.

Shutting down the fun as a way of punishment might seem like the appropriate medicine, but it also might drive them away from the club to somewhere they don't need to be punished.

Losing Walsh - by far the brightest prospect they had coming through - should be a massive wakeup call that they need to make players want to stay because they don't want to leave the family. This is like when the Cowboys let Ponga go.

Blaming the media for shining a torch on the club's rotten underbelly is only sweeping the problem under the rug.
I don't believe for a second it had anything to do with punishing the players.

In light of the amount of shit that descended on the club last year from the actions of players, eg TPJ and barbergate and Pubgate, I believe that it is likely that management wanted to avoid:
(a) the optic that others have pointed out re the Broncos not winning anything, in a slump and out on the piss, what a shit culture etc which you know is the angle they would have gone after us on; and
(b) avoiding any potential for there to be any bad news story of one of our players playing up on the piss at an event sanctioned by the club.

I have absolutely no issue with what the club did and I regard this as a further example of Tallis being an absolute tosspot.

I take this as further evidence that they are on the right track finally.

If the old boys want to get around the squad and give them a cuddle, do it at the club bbq on a Friday, or if not, let the club put something on behind closed doors and catered by the club.

Last edited:
I don't believe for a second it had anything to do with punishing the players.

In light of the amount of shit that descended on the club last year from the actions of players, eg TPJ and barbergate and Pubgate
These were about breaching the bubble very late in the season, not misbehaving on the piss. Wayne Bennett got busted too.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Bongo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Dony Eliakim
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.