Kevvie needs to get on the beers

These were about breaching the bubble very late in the season, not misbehaving on the piss. Wayne Bennett got busted too.
Payne and Staggs both acted like clowns while on the turps.

I bet Tallis was the one who organised it. Stupidest idea to schedule it (or the Kia bullshit) the day after a game. I wonder how many players put in half hearted efforts on Friday night because they were conserving energy for a big party on Saturday.

It was canned on Tuesday, players knew well before the game.

These were about breaching the bubble very late in the season, not misbehaving on the piss. Wayne Bennett got busted too.
I didn't say they were about players misbehaving on the piss.

Craddock reporting that the old boys never made a formal approach to club management about this meeting and it got canned as soon as they heard about it. basically saying that the current players couldn't attend.

Craddock also reporting that Kevvie has backed the boards decision. saying he didn't believe it appropriate for the players to consume alcohol a day after the Titans match, not to mention that he didn't want another off field incident to deal with.

same article then quotes Parker backing the clubs decision and Renouf whinging about it

Payne and Staggs both acted like clowns while on the turps.
Not at club events and no other players where involved.

Craddock reporting that the old boys never made a formal approach to club management about this meeting and it got canned as soon as they heard about it. basically saying that the current players couldn't attend.

Craddock also reporting that Kevvie has backed the boards decision. saying he didn't believe it appropriate for the players to consume alcohol a day after the Titans match, not to mention that he didn't want another off field incident to deal with.

same article then quotes Parker backing the clubs decision and Renouf whinging about it
But no quote from Kevvie, just hearsay. Nonetheless, of course Walters isn't going to publicly go against the board. He wants to keep his job.

Craddock's reporting didn't pass the sniff test. He's one of the worst at making stuff up and slipping it through as fact.

Last edited:
Not at club events and no other players where involved.

But no quote from Kevvie, just hearsay. Nonetheless, of course Walters isn't going to publicly go against the board. He wants to keep his job.

Craddock's reporting didn't pass the sniff test. He's one of the worst at making stuff up and slipping it through as fact.

he is a million times more credible than Badel

he is a million times more credible than Badel
I know Badel is everyone's whipping boy, but none of them are any better. They all like spreading gossip, and the ex-players are even worse.

Reporting there's a "major twist" in this story is bullshit. Kevvie allegedly saying he supports management is not a "twist." It's like the management saying they supported Seibold, when they clearly didn't. Except they stood in front of a microphone and said it. Kevvie hasn't even done that.

Last edited:
Ha ha man some of our old boys are flogs.

their problem is that they got used to the attention whilst speaking out when Seibold was coach because the vast majority of the fan base agreed with them.

I don't think that strategy will work anymore under Kevvie's mantra of unity from the board all the way down to the fans.

Okay, now the story's changed again. Kevvie, Gordie and Stevie need to synchronize watches. Note the sponsor event and the races piss-up were two different shindigs. Here's Kevvie's latest version:

“There was no ban or snub of the old boys."

“I made the decision early in the week that being at the races less than 24 hours after we played a game wasn’t a good option. Player recovery is important, plus we had the entire squad out on Saturday meeting the fans across Brisbane at Kia dealerships as part of our partnership with our major sponsor. It was great for the players to be able to talk to the fans and sign autographs – there were a lot of really loyal supporters who turned up to see the boys."

“We have seen plenty of the Broncos old boys across the past few months. We had basically all of the Broncos captains come in over the preseason to speak to the players like Wally Lewis, Gene Miles, Trevor Gillmeister, Gorden Tallis – and Darren Lockyer is around the club as well as Terry Matterson, Petero Civoniceva, Allan Langer, Matt Gillett, Darius Boyd ... the list goes on. Educating the current players about Broncos history and what it means to be a Bronco has been a real focus for us, and we make sure they have access to the former players every day – and that will continue, you can be certain of that.”

Broncos interim CEO Neil Monaghan:

“With the former players, our doors are always open. Kev has made a lot of headway in a short period of time in engaging the former players and we want to continue to help him with that process. We now have a heap of old boys mentoring our current players on a daily basis, and those relationships will continue to grow – one missed race day isn’t going to take away from that.’’

Although Renouf reckons the sponsors were also behind the pissup:

“One of the sponsors had helped organise this day at the races and it included the current team. It was just a get together and I was looking forward to seeing the current players. Anyway, the next thing we get an email saying the board made a decision and the current team weren’t going. I don’t know why they kyboshed it, I have no idea what’s happened and we’re like, ‘OK’. I don’t know how the club can make that decision when it was an event in the middle of the day. The players played the night before so it was just a get-together at the races."

“Because it got kyboshed, we decided to scrap the get-together at the races and have another function at a pub nearby. The old boys have no issue with the players. It’s a shame. We are trying to build a bond with the players and we thought it was a good way to connect with the group.’’

McHunt

Last edited:
So kevvie called it off and Tallis is full of shit again now.

other thing I find surprising that this Kia thing was a fan meet and greet shindig yet it never had a mention on Bhq? How well was this fan day advertised.

other thing I find surprising that this Kia thing was a fan meet and greet shindig yet it never had a mention on Bhq? How well was this fan day advertised.
I saw it on Facebook.

If Kevvie and Tallis are such great mates Kevvie needs to tell him to shut the **** up.

If Kevvie and Tallis are such great mates Kevvie needs to tell him to shut the **** up.

I've said it before and i'll say it again ... all the old boys need to shut the **** up, especially now they got what they wanted ... all opening their traps in any sort of negative way is going to do is undermine what Kevvie is trying to build (or rebuild) here

Sounds like Tallis chucked Kevvie under the bus, and now Kevvie had to come out and defend the club, as he probably copped a nice phone call yesterday afternoon.

The old boys got what they want, now start backing the poor bloke. Ffs

Kevvie probably lied to Tallis and told him it was an order coming from above lol. Probably had his fingers crossed Tallis wouldn’t say anything in public.

Sounds like Tallis chucked Kevvie under the bus, and now Kevvie had to come out and defend the club, as he probably copped a nice phone call yesterday afternoon.

The old boys got what they want, now start backing the poor bloke. Ffs
And watch Tallis now throw Kev under the bus if he gets questioned about what Kev has said publicly.

Tallis is a 🐶

Kevvie probably lied to Tallis and told him it was an order coming from above lol. Probably had his fingers crossed Tallis wouldn’t say anything in public.

if he thought that then he doesn't know the Raging Fool

Active Now

• Allo
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • NSW stables
  • Strop
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Porthoz
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.