Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

I think what he may be eluding to is that some people feel after 10+ years of being in an organisation that they should get a bit of a thank you for your service and good luck with the future. Jordy has spoken about how they pretty much said we don’t need you, look else where, and a short time later he was out the door.

I feel for Jordy, and liked him as bloke but I do think he was surplus and the hard decision had to be made. I feel the same about Kodi. So I do hope the club does show them the respect they deserve on their way out. A goodbye dinner and a thank you speech or something would be nice. McGuire I never really liked so I don’t care what happened to him.

Obviously there can be more to it than just the fact they got a better deal elsewhere, but you knew that, and that is why it was obviously a straw man.

Is that contributing enough for you, you malaka?
Alluding not eluding ffs. You're not trying to get away from something! Except maybe me :watchthisguy:

Fair enough I didn’t realise that, thanks for explaining.

I'd say more if I thought it wouldn't effect people I know there. Quite a lot of people weren't impressed with a few things including the coach. They didn't really show Jordy much respect imo.

I'd say more if I thought it wouldn't effect people I know there. Quite a lot of people weren't impressed with a few things including the coach. They didn't really show Jordy much respect imo.
That is very disappointing to hear, his body betrayed him but he always seemed to have an excellent attitude. I always wondered how he would have gone playing in the halves if he didn't get injured that season Hoffman stank it up. Just a shame how it all turned out.

I just can't buy players refusing to play because they don't get their way. I just can't see it happening. Surely that would be a breach of contract or something? Even Hoffman, who left because he didn't want to be on the wing still played on the wing until the season finished. I dunno, I just can't get my head around something like that happening.

Oh I wasn’t implying Kodi did that. That’s why said “no one has done anything wrong”. I mean he knew the offer from the Warriors was there and so he rightfully chose to play halfback for them on more money than to be a utility here. Kodi has proven through his previous reactions to being moved around that he still plays his heart out even when he isn’t selected in his preferred position.

I’m sure if the warriors offer wasn’t there he would kill it on the bench for us.

Last edited:

Weren’t impressed with the coach or the coach wasn’t impressed?

Seibs wasnt impressed.

At the way management handled it? Sorry for all the questions mate and I know you can’t say too much so all good if you don’t want to.

At the way management handled it? Sorry for all the questions mate and I know you can’t say too much so all good if you don’t want to.

Not the management as far as i know, just couple of things that happened to him the day he was leaving.

Not the management as far as i know, just couple of things that happened to him the day he was leaving.

So it's not the coaching staff and not the management, did some of the players give him a send off? :S

Trying to piece together what you're drip feeding us. I don't think anyone will care as much as you think they will.

So it's not the coaching staff and not the management, did some of the players give him a send off? :S

Trying to piece together what you're drip feeding us. I don't think anyone will care as much as you think they will.

I've said it from day one, believe it or not, its up to the individual, i dont expect anything from anyone on a forum who they dont know. I'm not bothered what people think, thats their own business, who am i to judge? And i'm sure you would have known he wouldn't have got to say goodbye to the players as he went to Townsville so quickly, so you would know the players giving him a send of wasn't happening at that time. If you want to know maybe PM me?

And i'm not drip feeding anything, i said something went on i'm not prepared to say in public, i have merely answered a few questions as best i can. There are plenty of staff at red hill who arent directly related to the playing side of things. Cleaners, kitchen staff, security etc.

I've said it from day one, believe it or not, its up to the individual, i dont expect anything from anyone on a forum who they dont know. I'm not bothered what people think, thats their own business, who am i to judge? And i'm sure you would have known he wouldn't have got to say goodbye to the players as he went to Townsville so quickly, so you would know the players giving him a send of wasn't happening at that time. If you want to know maybe PM me?

And i'm not drip feeding anything, i said something went on i'm not prepared to say in public, i have merely answered a few questions as best i can. There are plenty of staff at red hill who arent directly related to the playing side of things. Cleaners, kitchen staff, security etc.

Had no idea he left so quickly he didn't get to say goodbye to players.. is that even possible? He would've had to find out he's not wanted, organise the deal with the Cowboys, book flights, pack and leave. Isn't that like a week long process?

Had no idea he left so quickly he didn't get to say goodbye to players.. is that even possible? He would've had to find out he's not wanted, organise the deal with the Cowboys, book flights, pack and leave. Isn't that like a week long process?

Nahh, it happened pretty quickly mate. I think he texted a lot of them at the time but that was it. I think they knew he was going and he wasnt in Seibs plans, but i think it got finalised quicker than everyone expected. I'm fairly sure it was the weekend they were out at Warwick ( could be wrong ) when it all got finalised, so there weren't many players around Red Hill at the time. I'm sure he has caught up with them since.

Last edited:
Nahh, it happened pretty quickly mate. I think they knew he was going and he wasnt in Seibs plans, but i think it got finalised quicker than everyone expected. I'm fairly sure it was the weekend they were out at Warwick ( could be wrong ) when it all got finalised, so there weren't many players around Red Hill at the time. I'm sure he has caught up with them since.
It's just not the same is it? You'd like a team farewell especially if you were reasonably popular. I'm sure it would have been a slightly empty experience similar to when you've broken up with a girl that is still part of your crowd and there's an event and everyone's going but you just can't bring yourself to go too. Sitting in your car alone that night, eating pizza, drinking...

It's just not the same is it? You'd like a team farewell especially if you were reasonably popular. I'm sure it would have been a slightly empty experience similar to when you've broken up with a girl that is still part of your crowd and there's an event and everyone's going but you just can't bring yourself to go too. Sitting in your car alone that night, eating pizza, drinking...

Don't think its was anyone's fault really, just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

So what you’re saying @Wolfie is, the cooks weren’t happy because they’d laid out a spread for one too many and weren’t told Kahu wasn’t going to be there? I’d be filthy too.

Could have been Paul White. Might have been able to save the club a few $$ in food costs!

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.