Korbin Sims to Red Hill

We signed someone worthy! Fantastic Brisbane. You rule.

There's no reason for them to not register that contract, what do you mean? That's a 2nd tier contract, $85k. He played like he barely deserved a top 25 spot for the Knights last year, it's not like we're signing a superstar for $85k.

Going from a deal worth 400k to a second tier deal. I don't think the NRL would be so lenient on signing it off

Wayne hates Newcastle lol

Boyd for (C) too.

he's also already been paid about a 1/4 of his 2017 salary with the knights, since contracts begin on nov 1.

He's on $85k for us apparently, he's not even in our top 25.

That would indicate that we old have to cut someone or remove someone from the top 25. Looking pretty ominous for Jimmy. I'd say he's as good as gone.

Or we just weren't that desperate for him and did something similar to Benji and offered him a small take it or leave it contract

Which Sims probably though was worth it since he would still be getting a large chunk of cash from the Knights

Going from a deal worth 400k to a second tier deal. I don't think the NRL would be so lenient on signing it off

According to what I read, he was actually on $350k a season, and the Knights have paid him $90k to piss off, we're paying him $85k - So he's getting exactly half of what he's owed for this season, it's a back-ended deal though, so over the next couple of years we'll probably make up the difference in that $175k he's still owed.

https://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiers...ubid/7/playerid/1815/seasonid/44/default.aspx

They're not bad stats when you consider he was in a pack getting obliterated on a weekly basis.
I would like to see the comparo with someone like JWall and a couple of other similar players but I can't get it to work on the iPad.

83 metres per game on 8.7 hit-ups is really, really bad. Especially considering the minutes he's playing, he should've been taking 12 or 13 hit-ups per game.

Let's hope we can get him here asap and work on his fitness, we can't have him & Blair both plodding for 85 metres per game, we'll get monstered, we need him to be a ~120+ metres per game guy. (Which he's capable of, he did it in 2015)

According to what I read, he was actually on $350k a season, and the Knights have paid him $90k to piss off, we're paying him $85k - So he's getting exactly half of what he's owed for this season, it's a back-ended deal though, so over the next couple of years we'll probably make up the difference in that $175k he's still owed.

he will also make up the $$$ by being motivated enough to get himself into an origin jersey. few spots up for grabs with parker retired, myles being old.. lillyman.. well.. when you play for the broncos you get noticed.

Lillyman will probably get another run, his performance in game 3 2015 was legendary.

Korbin is really aiming for the stars here, Newie to QLD. If it's a done deal, all the best, welcome -

-don't be like your brothers.

I'm happy with this signing... someone not motivated by money is a good first step, wanting to come, a good second and his potential and size the icing on the cake.

Wayne will get the best out of him. To the doubters just take a look in Blairs direction, and even J Wallace who was considered dead weight before Bennett by many who are now sorry to see him go. K Sims has way more potential than Wallace.

yeah, i'm happy with this pick up.

for Sims, he's gone from a club staring down the barrel of another wooden spoon, to a club who would consider themselves genuine premiership contenders.

yeah, i'm happy with this pick up.

for Sims, he's gone from a club staring down the barrel of another wooden spoon, to a club who would consider themselves genuine premiership contenders.
Exactly.. i know when I'm playing competitive sport I'm definitely not getting the satisfaction i need losing week to week

Happy with the signing. In fact, at that price I'm stoked. Solid pickup.

Nothing solid, but 85k sounds about right. Part of his salary will be paid by knights already, and he's taking a paycut to come here.
I read the Knights won't pay a thing according to the newscorp article..?

Active Now

• john1420
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • marw
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ettybay
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.