OFFICIAL Kurt Capewell signs with the Broncos from 2022

Capewell is the kind of signing we should be making. Solid player, hard worker, good character, Queenslander.

Definitely overs though at 600k. 450k would be fair market value o think.

Rep player only through dearth of options. Looks good at the Panthers who are running hot, would be unrealistic to expect similar performances in a shakier team.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Capewell is the kind of signing we should be making. Solid player, hard worker, good character, Queenslander.

Definitely overs though at 600k. 450k would be fair market value o think.

Rep player only through dearth of options. Looks good at the Panthers who are running hot, would be unrealistic to expect similar performances in a shakier team.

Hope he proves me wrong.
600k is probably overs but I'd say he is $500-550k anyway so what's $50k in the grand scheme of things.

He's a very smart footballer and just seems to end up being around the ball at the right time in the same way that Gillett would just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Capewell is also a set and forget 80mins player... something we desperately need so we can stop the chopping and changing.

I think Capewell will bring a lot to our team.

What do Ben and Shane have to do with Capewell? Have they got into player management and I missed it or is implying they are coaching here next year?
Not sure about player management, but they coached him at the Jets in their premiership year... I'd say it is a suggestion that Kevvie and Ikin are looking to get some advice from their good mates.

Alex Glenn:
“I still haven’t made my decision yet and I’m just eager for him to come to our club. Over the next month or so I will sit down with the missus and my manager to have some honest conversations because I don’t want to be a selfish player who plays one year too long.”
JAHHW:
“Time to hang up the boots, bro.”
Circa 2018.

600k is probably overs but I'd say he is $500-550k anyway so what's $50k in the grand scheme of things.

He's a very smart footballer and just seems to end up being around the ball at the right time in the same way that Gillett would just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Capewell is also a set and forget 80mins player... something we desperately need so we can stop the chopping and changing.

I think Capewell will bring a lot to our team.
Look I hope so, but he's always struck me as tradesmanlike. Makes his runs and tackles, no fuss.

Gillett was a workhorse and effort player but had a big play in him that I don't see in Capewell.

Not sure about player management, but they coached him at the Jets in their premiership year... I'd say it is a suggestion that Kevvie and Ikin are looking to get some advice from their good mates.
That would be good, also how long did the Roosters resign young Walker for? Could he still end up here with Ikin in the place hopefully.

On Capewell, I think he is perfect for us. Will hopefully bring his work ethic and leadership with him. We need a few more guys like him, solid all rounders that don't seem to be all about themselves. I am fine with the price tag but doubt it is as high as stated. He is an QLD rep player and not a ring it either.

Look I hope so, but he's always struck me as tradesmanlike. Makes his runs and tackles, no fuss.

Gillett was a workhorse and effort player but had a big play in him that I don't see in Capewell.
Capewell pulled off some big plays in Origin last year and did score our only try this year all on his own (presumably including game 3).

Active Now

• Ras
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.