Lazarus -> Webcke -> ?

Warning: All words post this blurb are written via drunken typing. I apologise in advance for anything that doesnt make sense... continue.

Let's all be honest here, we are close to the pointin the NRL where Props can almost be called second rowers. Bar Civo, Asotasi Price, Kite and O'Meley (when these two want to be) we mostly have Props in our competition that are just as competant as 2nd Rowers as they are props. "Props" are a dying breed IMO. Our competition is very quickly becoming quicker, more mobile and more skillful than it has in the past.

Footymad (you dumb ****!... sorry), you can sit there and whinge and whine about how shit the Broncos are without certain players and how we are doomed (best supporter EVA!) but you are never quick to put a new post up saying how good we are with blah blah (players like Wallace, Ennis, Lockyer, Hunt, Kemp etc) but moreso quick to say how shit we are without a solution (I shall call you Phil Gould).

Clinton in the last few weeks has aimed up considerably.. and despite losing to the Warriors I have not seen a prop this year hit as hard as Clinton has for the Broncos and actually make 3-4 yards behind the defensive line as he did against Warriors. (Inconsistent? Yes... but let's actually motivate him as fans rather than punish him because he hasn't filled the shoes of Webcke or Civo)

Hannant? Sure he does not make the dent Webcke or Civo did but he hits 100+% every time he runs the ball back. I don't know about you but IMO as far as passion is concerned he is on par with Hunt, Lockyer, Webcke, Civ & Tallis where they run with gusto (whether effective or not) and the rest of the players stop, watch and say to themselves (excuse the language) "**** yeah... my turn now!!!" and push hard (ala last set in Round 17 v Titans 2007 to push to Golden point).

Now David Taylor.....
Taylor is young... you can tell he is trying hard (a little too hard at times) but has the potential to be one of the most damaging forwards (not prop, nor 2nd rower but forward) in the NRL but he needs to learn that it's the simple things in football (silly throws, lazy carrying the ball etc) that let you down and actually have massive effect on a teams performance for that weekend.

I could go on and on but too drunk and tired to do so but I just want to say (again) Footymad, you are fucken clueless- do us all a favour and deregister yourself from this board and save yourself the humility of being banned (which isn't far off I assume).

I'm going to sleep............. byee

In my opinion Clinton has been our best forward for the last month.

What Webcke had that petro didnt was the abbility to mkae that one play that fired the team up, that on run that knocked 4 defenders on their ass's. Petro dosent have that, but I still love him. He definatly has a more workhorse style of play, like Steve Price but with a little more bang.

Very true Webcke, ur namesake had that in his game, every game, every day no matter what. Petro has a different type of leadership, and while that is great and even essential, sometimes the team needs someone to lead by setting higher standard and making an impact on the opposition.

Yep, thats why Webcke and Petro were the perfect front row pairing. Havent seen a better combination ever.

Webcke said:
What Webcke had that petro didnt was the abbility to mkae that one play that fired the team up, that on run that knocked 4 defenders on their ass's. Petro dosent have that, but I still love him. He definatly has a more workhorse style of play, like Steve Price but with a little more bang.

Petero has shown this year both up here in the void he has left and down there by helping a young pack rise to a new level. He also has those moments you talk about eg.tackling Jordan Ropana into the in goal about a month ago in the 72nd minute when he shouldn't have even been out there still let alone leading kick chases and his hit on Cross in SOO where they got a penalty but you could see the QLD forwards rally and lift when they saw there leader demolish a Blue with a fair hit.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Webcke said:

Petero has shown this year both up here in the void he has left and down there by helping a young pack rise to a new level. He also has those moments you talk about eg.tackling Jordan Ropana into the in goal about a month ago in the 72nd minute when he shouldn't have even been out there still let alone leading kick chases and his hit on Cross in SOO where they got a penalty but you could see the QLD forwards rally and lift when they saw there leader demolish a Blue with a fair hit.
Your trying preety hard to make Webcke sound like crap [icon_shru [eusa_doh

| * kelsey * | said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":3iyg2gme]Not Corey Parker.

Wash your mouth out mister!! [icon_razz1[/quote:3iyg2gme]

Why? He speaks the truth. Parker=crap.

Webcke said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Webcke said:

Your trying preety hard to make Webcke sound like crap [icon_shru [eusa_doh

[icon_lol1. I love big Shane as much as the next Broncos fan I just think Peter in the last season or two has shaded him in terms of his career and his abilities as a prop.

Active Now

• Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • marw
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.