Left Field Replacement for Bennett

Is Kent really more qualified to be the voice of the game than someone like FaithInHook? Is a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism in Western Sydney Uni or whatever all it takes?

I think the issue isn't so much the opinion. I think the issue is the platform and people's willingness to lap it up. For both sides of the argument, the whole spectrum even. Those who hate the Broncos click on it to perpetuate their own beliefs, Broncos fans click on it because they want to see what pathetic shit is being spouted this time, and those with a vague interest click on it because it's yet another column of falsified bullshit that tells people they should be outraged.

Paul Kent on nrl 360 tonight...

Forgive me if it isn't word for word exactly..

"Full credit to Trent Barrett if he walks away from manly, it's a mess and he should get out of there"

Ben Ikin: "but you could say the same if he stays though"

Kent again: "he needs to get out, Bennett got out when he realised what a shambles the knights were and he couldn't fix it. Barrett should get out"

..... is he and the Sydney media or his fan club so stupid they don't see the hypocrisy and bs in what he said there? He praises Barrett for potentially doing something, then uses Bennett as an example of it, something he RELENTLESSLY nagged Bennett for a month ago for about 3 weeks night after night... haha

Yep, I heard that, and had the same thought

I was thinking, wait, what? Now you're praising Bennett for leaving Newcastle, and encouraging Barrett to do the same?

It's taken a few years but DCE is no longer the NRL's biggest backflipper

I know it’s obvious too point out but he’s on there to rustle jimmies and get people watching, he makes good coin for his family and it only costs him his credibility.

You've got to remember that journalists aren't exactly enlightened individuals by and large, and you can see that with the news today and how in vogue it is to add your little, worthless opinion (Karl Stefanovich as a prime example) to a story instead of just reporting it.

Is Kent really more qualified to be the voice of the game than someone like FaithInHook? Is a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism in Western Sydney Uni or whatever all it takes?

Exactly. Most of us on here watch the same, if not more, RL than Kent. I'd wager most are more intelligent than him as well.

Yep, I heard that, and had the same thought

I was thinking, wait, what? Now you're praising Bennett for leaving Newcastle, and encouraging Barrett to do the same?

It's taken a few years but DCE is no longer the NRL's biggest backflipper

He's hoping (if he's even thinking about the hypocrisy as a professional journalist) that people won't remember the one time he praised Bennett for an act he has savaged him for in the past. In the future he will praise Barrett for leaving whilst going back to attack Wayne for the same thing, but frame it so that it sounds like the scenarios were different.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.