Left Field Replacement for Bennett

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Heard from a friend of mine that a senior member of the Broncos board has thrown up a pretty left field name as Bennetts replacement. None other than Brad Thorn. Apparently, he is held in huge regard by both Wayne and the Board. Despite their up and down start, they like the job he has done at the Reds. He hasnt shied away from big decisions and has totally changed their culture.

Would be great for culture I imagine. If hire a couple of clever assistants to take care of attack and halves might be a goer. I’m not sure re Walters as head coach for NRL, not to say a bad choice but simply a feeling. Green would be good as proven at Nrl level.

Really want a QLDer don’t think an outsider who hasn’t got runs on the board for Broncs or QLD would get the media grace and player support. Hard ask whoever replacing Bennett for multiple reasons suspect some good some bad.

Would be great for culture I imagine. If hire a couple of clever assistants to take care of attack and halves might be a goer. I’m not sure re Walters as head coach for NRL, not to say a bad choice but simply a feeling. Green would be good as proven at Nrl level.

Really want a QLDer don’t think an outsider who hasn’t got runs on the board for Broncs or QLD would get the media grace and player support. Hard ask whoever replacing Bennett for multiple reasons suspect some good some bad.

I cant see any player not having support and respect for Brad Thorn. He isnt really an outsider either tbf.

If I was him I'd take the Broncos over any RU job, especially in Australia. Reds vs Broncos... lol.

Love the big fella. He would slip straight in to the shoes Bennett would leave with regard to standards and morals. One of those over achievers with a real presence about them. Given the right support staff, I’d like to see it. But....Walters is such an appealing option too.

Would love to have Thorny back at the Broncs.

Pretty much the most professional of professionals.

Thorne is a QLDer and a multiple times Bronco premiership winner. Not sure how anyone could be qualified more in that department

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard Thorne’s name thrown around. I for 1 love it! He’s at the top of my list.

I reckon I’d flat out die if that happened. Fucking love Thorne

Heard from a friend of mine that a senior member of the Broncos board has thrown up a pretty left field name as Bennetts replacement. None other than Brad Thorn. Apparently, he is held in huge regard by both Wayne and the Board. Despite their up and down start, they like the job he has done at the Reds. He hasnt shied away from big decisions and has totally changed their culture.

Whats wrong with Brisbane's culture and why does it need changing?

how Thorn being thought of as an outsider in anyway is beyond me ...

p.s. The Broncos usually don't give a shit what the media think ... they do things because they think the are best for the club, not for the media to give them grace (which they rarely do anyway, regardless of the Broncos actions)

Thorn would be a great choice. That man has done everything in both codes. He is a legend and has true grit. I don't know about his tactical ability as a coach but that can ve provided by others.

I don't know about his tactical ability as a coach but that can ve provided by others.

Thorny ...great bloke but......?

Tactical ability. What's his record like there?

NO, we don't want others puppeteering our first grade coach.

Thorny ...great bloke but......?

Tactical ability. What's his record like there?

NO, we don't want others puppeteering our first grade coach.

I think considering the state they were in before he went there he has made a promising start.

Dont know, Why?

Maybe I misunderstood.......your last line seemed to emphasise this is what we need.

Maybe I misunderstood.......your last line seemed to emphasise this is what we need.

Nahh, not at all mate. It was more about how they were pretty much all over the place and wasnt afraid to do what needed doing. He made a big decision and got rid of Quade Cooper and just seems to have them a lot more professional.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.