Left Field Replacement for Bennett

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Wolfie, Apr 15, 2018.

Bring back the captain coach !!

1. Hammerman47

Hammerman47 BRL Player

We could do a lot worse than Brad Thorn.. with Locky and Webky in there with him as 007 suggested. Always had a lot of respect for the big fella and he never shirked his duty with the team and would put some old school mongral into some of the younger players. I think plenty of past broncos would put up their hands to help thorny out if he needed the ... such is the respect and high regard he used to be held in. However tactics? not sure that was Brads strong point. But I do like the idea.

2. Brotherdu

Brotherdu NYC Player

Excellent idea, I think Boyd would make a fantastic coach.......or were you thinking that Bennett replaces Oates the wing, with Oates replacing Sims on the bench? Either works for me :p

Tom and Mr Fourex like this.
  3. Stix

Stix QCup Player

Talking about Bellamy on the cards on NRL 360...
    Make it happen Paul White!!

pagey, Dee and PerthBrissy987 like this.
  4. PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987 NRL Player

He has a no bs attitude , which would really help this side , imagine what he could do with Milf , Bird , Jimmy ect

5. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild QCup Player

Speculation confirmed: Wayne Bennett slept with Paul kents wife & killed his dog. The salt he has towards Bennett is next level. It's incredible how relentless it is. Night after night on 360 he reiterates how he has lost his ability to coach, the broncos don't want him, and he has made some terrible decisions and no one in the game respects him. EVERY single night, it's actually a little sad

6. Watched NRL 360. They talked for about 10 minutes about the broncos signing Bellamy. I really hope they make to happen! Would take him in a heart beat!!

7. It's doubtful after the way the Broncos treated him the last time they tried to sign him.

8. Battler

Battler NRL Player

Bellamy is smart if he takes the job. Just imagine the hell the storm are going to go through after Smith retires, he’s arguably more influential for them than Lockyer was for us. This way he walks into a set team and looks like a genius when he wins the comp.

9. Brent81

Brent81 NRL Player

Yes yes yes throw the kitchen sink at him!!!! He’d be amazing for so many of our guys. Milf, jimmy, etc who need to get tough and fit!!!!

10. Brent81

Brent81 NRL Player

That was Cullen.

He isn’t here any more.

11. Brent81

Brent81 NRL Player

Ps we get Bellamy it takes care of player recruitment retention.

Players will come for unders to play under him.

Battler likes this.
  12. Lockyer daughters up

Lockyer daughters up U18 Player

Bellamy has said plenty of times that he'd like to be back in QLD near his daughter so we're in with a chance. I'd love him as our coach. Even though the Storm were caught cheating the cap, he's proven afterwards that he can rebuild a team and make them a genuine premiership contender year after year.

PerthBrissy987 likes this.
  13. Dee

Dee QCup Player

Sydney.
    Bellamy to replace Wayne as Broncos coach? There's no one else I want coaching the Broncos other than Wayne Bennett. He made us. But every man's time comes to retire. The only one capable of coaching the Broncos with all the high pressure and expectations is Craig Bellamy. Let's make it happen.

Tstev92 and roo-ted like this.
  14. Stix

Stix QCup Player

The way Kent was going on, he's making out like Wayne's losing his job.
    He's fucking retiring!! The bloke is nearly 70!! Of course the club are looking for a suitable replacement.

abashii, Tom, Dee and 1 other person like this.
  15. Without wanting to add more fuel to the fire.. @Smokin' Joe@Smokin' Joe has been liking every post relating to Craig Bellamy as the replacement to Wayne Bennett, and has also mentioned it a few times recently.

How fucking sweet would that be? Replace the greatest coach of all time with the guy who will probably go down as the greatest coach of all time once it's all said and done.

16. Foordy

Foordy

immediately disregard anything they say on NRL 360 (unless it is Paul Crawley, of course)

17. Is anyone concerned that Bellamy's win percentage goes through the floor when one or more of the big three (and in particular Coach Smith) are missing? That plus he had a piss poor record with NSW against us.

18. Well.......to be fair, so do a few others.

lynx000 likes this.
  19. Alec

Alec International Rep

I think he's much more suited to coaching a season instead of 3 games weeks apart. If he brought Cam Smith as an assistant coach it would be awesome IMO.

Mr Fourex likes this.