Let have a Honesty Session - Knights v Broncos

Lets lay it all out then.... 😭
I miss Josh McGuire, I miss James Roberts, I miss Kodi Nikorima, I miss Matt Gillett.
I miss those back against the wall wins, I miss that aura of invincibility, I miss the feeling of my team being able to beat anybody on their day.
I fucking miss that sense of hope we were always challenging for the title every fucking year!

But most of all, even hard for some of us to admit, we all miss the old coach at the helm who gave us that belief and didn't give a rats arse what the external noise was - but always defended his players and the jersey to the core. 😭

"Life is a grindstone and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of. " - WB

Josh Maguire is playing good footy for the Cowboys. I think we miss him a lot.

However, I have a big issue here, if the players are pushing him out, this is absolute rubbish. They clearly have WAY too much power at the club, hence the undroppable status of some of the 'experienced' players. Do you want to reward players for pushing the coach out? They don't play for the pride of the jersey and this was happening while Bennett was still there.

I don't think the players are deliberately pushing him out, even after last night Glenn defended Seibs with comments like it is the players responsibility. Lodge has said similar. If they really wanted him out they wouldn't defend him.

I don't think he is a bad bloke, and i think he has good intentions which the players seem to respect, he is just in over his head.

But most of all, even hard for some of us to admit, we all miss the old coach at the helm who gave us that belief and didn't give a rats arse what the external noise was - but always defended his players and the jersey to the core. 😭

There is absolutely no doubt we all miss the first incarnation of said coach. The second version of that same coach is a large part responsible for this current rot.

I don't think the players are deliberately pushing him out, even after last night Glenn defended Seibs with comments like it is the players responsibility. Lodge has said similar. If they really wanted him out they wouldn't defend him.

I don't think he is a bad bloke, and i think he has good intentions which the players seem to respect, he is just in over his head.

I don't think that's true. I don't think they are smart enough to realise they are doing it.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.