Let the off season review begin

We need something. We have invested a fair bit of coin in the likes of Mam, Cobbo and Piakura and they have all been very underwhelming this year.
Particularly Piakura.

We have seen glimpses of Cobbo and Mam this year.

We've seen absolutely **** all ALL year from Piakura. He's been a passenger. **** knows how he is still making the run on 13.

We were not really expected to finish anywhere close to the 8
You're just making things up. The bookies had you as the 4th most likely team to win the premiership behind Panthers, Broncos and Roosters.

TAB odds at start of 2024 for Rabbitohs:
Premiers $11, Top 4: $2.50, Final 8: $1.40

Carrigan and Haas are probably the only players that gave their all every time the played. Walsh needs a better coach to harness his skills.

I thought Willison put in his best every time he got the opportunity. In fact he was one of a very few shining lights for the season.

I got high hopes for Te Kura as well.......

You're just making things up. The bookies had you as the 4th most likely team to win the premiership behind Panthers, Broncos and Roosters.

TAB odds at start of 2024 for Rabbitohs:
Premiers $11, Top 4: $2.50, Final 8: $1.40
Sorry, my mistake, wasn't aware of that. Crazy odds. I know amongst our forums/members though there wasn't that type of expectation, especially with JD at the helm still.

I didn’t say there were any available, I just said a good coach would get great value out of Reynolds next year
Even when he's spending more than 2/3 of the season on the sidelines......?

He’s not perfect but he’s expected to be because no one else in the team but Patty offers any consistency
Geez..... yet when Milford didn't deliver (and we expected him to win us games on his own) he was savaged by all and sundry.

Because there’s literally no one to replace him
We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but the club made a gamble on Piakura that failed this year.
Continuing to start him was a dogged refusal to accept a poor decision was made. Kev has relied on blind faith to resolve some of our problems all year. I really hope he (Piakura) and some of our other young talent really learn a lot from the season so it’s not all in vein.

Joe McDermott has been in the role since Ikin left.
Is he a head of football... or a team manager ie. the bloke that organises hotels and flights?

Because wasnt that Steve Walters job and then Ikin was moved into that role before he left... ie. holding the door open for the guys as they ran onto the field.

Is he a head of football... or a team manager ie. the bloke that organises hotels and flights?

Because wasnt that Steve Walters job and then Ikin was moved into that role before he left... ie. holding the door open for the guys as they ran onto the field.

His role is football manager. He was head of high performance at the QRL.

SW was listed as football admin.

One parting thought from me, i know Corey Parker gets some serious hate and ill admit he shits me off as well. But from all reports he's a no bullshit absolute hard ass with an insane work ethic. Do we need him involved in the pre season slog?
The players dont need someone that will just yell and tell them "to harden up"... that's like yelling at them "to just be better".

They dont know what they dont know... they need someone with footy smarts to fucking teach them how and why they need to do something on the field... Parker doesnt know shit based on what he says in commentary... he just spits out cliche after cliche but doesnt say anything insightful.

When Kevvie started I wanted a Neil Henry type assistant coach... a bloke with serious footy smarts, but didnt have the man management to be head coach.

Henry was the guy sitting next to Mal when the Qld dynasty kicked off... and we all know the level of footy smarts that Mal has.

Instead they went with guys like Cartwright... who showed from his time at titans that he was just as clueless about what happens on the field. He was just another mate and a good bloke to be around... these players dont need more mates.

I daresay a guy like Holbrook is probably like Neil Henry... but he's an assistant at rorters so why would he give that up.

We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but the club made a gamble on Piakura that failed this year.
Continuing to start him was a dogged refusal to accept a poor decision was made. Kev has relied on blind faith to resolve some of our problems all year. I really hope he (Piakura) and some of our other young talent really learn a lot from the season so it’s not all in vein.

Who was Piakura being replaced with? Hunt and Gosiewksi were both long term injured.

This is once again a failing of the R&R team. Sure losing Capewell blindsided us but we didn't do anything to rectify this.

Was there no one in Q Cup going alright? We literally had a turnstile for a second rower

The players dont need someone that will just yell and tell them "to harden up"... that's like yelling at them "to just be better".

They dont know what they dont know... they need someone with footy smarts to fucking teach them how and why they need to do something on the field... Parker doesnt know shit based on what he says in commentary... he just spits out cliche after cliche but doesnt say anything insightful.

This. One of the most concerning things I heard (last year I think it was or maybe the year before) was from Reynolds talking about when he first arrived. I can't remember the exact quote but it was along the lines of how shocked he was at just the general lack of footy knowledge the team had. There were players that seemingly didn't know how to run the simplest of plays.

Sorry, my mistake, wasn't aware of that. Crazy odds. I know amongst our forums/members though there wasn't that type of expectation, especially with JD at the helm still.
To be fair, I don't believe this forum needs someone who isn't a fan to be dictating and telling us where the faults of this team are right now.

There is more than enough sober debate about the faults and opportunites of this current roster from genuine Broncos fans; no need nor want for the same from an outsider.

If blind optimism and those who are drunk on the Kevvie Kool-aid reign supremed here - fair enough.

Anyway, come back when your club averages 15,000 a home game sometime before you depart this earth yeh?

To be fair, I don't believe this forum needs someone who isn't a fan to be dictating and telling us where the faults of this team are right now.

There is more than enough sober debate about the faults and opportunites of this current roster from genuine Broncos fans; no need nor want for the same from an outsider.

If blind optimism and those who are drunk on the Kevvie Kool-aid reign supremed here - fair enough.

Anyway, come back when your club averages 15,000 a home game sometime before you depart this earth yeh?
Fair enough fella. I will stop being a smartatse. I gotta hand it to your moderators here, they seem like a decent, fair minded bunch. I thought I would have been banned from here long ago like on a few other opposition club forums I hung out on.

Lets just say both our clubs have been complete shite this year and leave it at that.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • teampjta
  • Wild Horse
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • The True King
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.