Let's bag the Titans

True, although that side is all relatively young and there are a few bright prospects for example Srama and former Bronco Luke Page.

Ari - Ah fair enough. Well they did sign up Joe Tomane and Sam Tagataese from Melbourne. Not to mention in the juniors they HAVE signed players from other clubs. (eg. Walsh from Souths, Vave from Penrith) but neither went onto play first grade with them.

Well I think Matthews' run in first grade is done and dusted, he just never made a run with it. But he was given a fair go.

James and Ridge are both relatively young and weren't better than either Meyers (who's underated) and White at the time.

I am never tipping the Titans again. as God as my witness.

Gah!

Ok ok ok.

They have enough players down there, to win games. They aren't winning games. So my question remains un-answered.

WTF happened?

A reckon there is a rift amongst players, coaches and management. Searle pushed friend out who was a team and coach favorite

So... word has it that Mat "Grandpa" Rogers is coming back to the Titans.

If that's true, it highlights everything that is wrong with that club. Despite the fact their season is over, they'd rather bring a 35yo out of retirement than throw a young player into the mix. I mean, what must Beau Henry be thinking? If true, of course, but the word on the tweet is that it's pretty likely.

This will be so funny. Rogers is the ultimate bogan and the titans fans will love it haha.

Good thing he can play footy, because I don't think he's managed to grasp the English language!

Their? Then?

I doubt he wrote the article Ning... [icon_lol1.

Met him last weekend at my kid's footy game (he coaches the Burleigh's U17's) and he seemed like a pretty cordial and level headed bloke, definitely not someone I'd call a bogan.

Can we really say anything after Tunza (who went okay) and the De Vere disaster? :oops:

I'd still pay to see someone run over Rogers and Prince.

Porthoz said:

They were quoting his Twitter feed, bro. [icon_wink

Porthoz said:

Met him last weekend at my kid's footy game (he coaches the Burleigh's U17's) and he seemed like a pretty cordial and level headed bloke, definitely not someone I'd call a bogan.

Can we really say anything after Tunza (who went okay) and the De Vere disaster? :oops:

He didn't write the article. The article does quote something that Rogers tweeted though. That quote (by Rogers) is the one that contains the bad grammar.

And yes, we can say plenty. Not because of Rogers, but because the Titans are bringing back a 35 year old player in a season where they should be building for the future by blooding younger players. This same team who has groomed virtually no youngsters outside their wingers and counts Luke Bailey, Scott Prince and Preston Campbell among their key players. Honestly, outside of Greg Bird all their decent players are 30+. That has to be a genuine concern for a team that is also last in the Toyota Cup standings.

And you know, call me crazy, but I don't think a 35 year old player displacing a youngster is the solution to anything (unless the senior's pension is cap free, in which case they might be trying to rort the cap via centrelink payments)

ningnangnong said:
Porthoz said:

They were quoting his Twitter feed, bro. [icon_wink
Oops, missed that part... [eusa_doh

I agree with the majority regarding bringing a 35 y/o back over a youngster, but it doesn't make it that different from us when we were in dire straits and brought in the 2 I mentioned.

I wonder what the go with Beau Henry is at the tits though... [icon_shru

Obviously, there can be no comparison between the Titans and the Broncos when it comes to blooding players, after all there are 44 Broncos blooded players running around in the NRL atm. No other club comes even close to us!

Porthoz said:

Bogans aren't necessarily bad people, porthoz. Can be great people. But throw in a rats tail, dodgy tattoos, love of surfing and his apparent lack of education and yes, Rogers is a bogan. A prize bogan. [icon_lol1.

Kaz said:
Flutterby said:
Seriously? Is this really what this site has come to?

Come to, it's always been like this. (just not as subtle)

Nothing different to other forums.

You think.

Healthy rivalry is all well and good but when even the Moderaters start calling opposing fans dickwads you have to wonder. [icon_shru

Coxy said:
Porthoz said:

Bogans aren't necessarily bad people, porthoz. Can be great people. But throw in a rats tail, dodgy tattoos, love of surfing and his apparent lack of education and yes, Rogers is a bogan. A prize bogan. [icon_lol1.

Lack of education?? He went to TSS on the Gold Coast, hardly a lack of education.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Gaz
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • something
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • whykickamoocow
  • Rookie Alan
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.