Let's bag the Titans

Have just signed Luke Douglas on a cheap contract.

Reportedly are close to signing Nate Myles and Beau Champion.

Titans - The new Canterbury?

Big Pete said:
Have just signed Luke Douglas on a cheap contract.

Reportedly are close to signing Nate Myles and Beau Champion.

Titans - The new Canterbury?

Douglas is a good pickup, especially on the cheap. Tits need some good props.

Douglas is a very good player, good signing.
So is Myles if they get him.

Clearly there are no good players developing on the Gold Coast...

Can't believe he was earning $350K at the Sharks though...

Where does that leave them? Especially with Snowden likely to leave.

Just when things were beginning to look positive for Cronulla this happens.

When I said cheap, I meant cheaper.

The article didn't specify how valuable his contract is.

Strange that Douglas would leave the Sharks IMO, I would have thought he would have been a key signing for them. Great pick up by the Titans it seems they are finally signing players that can perform. They must be planning on off loading some players though.

Big Pete said:
Can't believe he was earning $350K at the Sharks though...

Where does that leave them? Especially with Snowden likely to leave.

Just when things were beginning to look positive for Cronulla this happens.

Exactly what i thought. They are in trouble if they lose Snowden now.

Honestly the Sharks can recover as long as they can retain Snowden and use the money to buy a good centre or half. Imagine if Cronulla bought Israel Folau? Sadly the best I think they'll do is Beau Champion and maybe a couple of centres who could go either way in Tomane, Tagive, Esi Tonga or Vai Vai.

350K was a ridiculous amount of money to have invested in a player like Douglas. He should've been on Luke Stuart money, not Civoniceiva coin. It's decisions like those and signing Ross on 400K that have kept Cronulla from posing a consistent threat since 2002.

Coxy said:
Clearly there are no good players developing on the Gold Coast...

I'd like them to develop more Players down there. One just isn't enough.

They've only really developed three gun rookies in Gordon, Thompson and James. The rest are mediocre or Mormon.

Big Pete said:
Honestly the Sharks can recover as long as they can retain Snowden and use the money to buy a good centre or half. Imagine if Cronulla bought Israel Folau? Sadly the best I think they'll do is Beau Champion and maybe a couple of centres who could go either way in Tomane, Tagive, Esi Tonga or Vai Vai.

350K was a ridiculous amount of money to have invested in a player like Douglas. He should've been on Luke Stuart money, not Civoniceiva coin. It's decisions like those and signing Ross on 400K that have kept Cronulla from posing a consistent threat since 2002.

Reports are that they have thrown $400k per season at Snowden now that Douglas is offski and Bennett has over-ruled Tinklers offer

The Rock said:
Why doesn't Bennett want Snowden?

The way the media tells it, Bennett has a philosophy that no prop is worth more than $300K.

The Rock said:
Strange considering he thinks props are the most important players in the team.

Yeah I think it's an odd philosophy, considering props are the ones that do the hardest work and cop the most punishment.

In saying that I definitely don't think Kade Snowden is worth more than $300K at this stage.

Coxy said:
The Rock said:

Yeah I think it's an odd philosophy, considering props are the ones that do the hardest work and cop the most punishment.

In saying that I definitely don't think Kade Snowden is worth more than $300K at this stage.

Neither do i icon_thumbs_u

Coxy said:
The Rock said:

In simple terms, I just don't think you have to be that skillful to be a prop. All you need to do is run hard in to the opposition.

I know in reality it's probably more complicated than that, but if you tie up too much money in what are just batterying rams, you don't leave enough to buy quality playmakers.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.