Lets discuss Barba

He does, doesn't he .. and why would he be worried, unless Bennett brings Boy Darius and Dane "9-missed-tackles" Gagai and who knows who else with him - none of whom we need.

As for an earlier post about comparing Barba and Reed in terms of pace, I think people under estimate how quick Reed can be.

I also think people under estimate how quick Oates is, despite having bulked up since he out sprinted Uate last year, which is why I think Oates will be the ideal replacement for Hodgo when he calls it a day

Has Oates really 'bulked up' or just grown?

As for an earlier post about comparing Barba and Reed in terms of pace, I think people under estimate how quick Reed can be.

How quick is that exactly? I recall a game where he had a 5m head start and got chased down before half way. Later in the game he made a break and simply fell over himself.

How quick is that exactly? I recall a game where he had a 5m head start and got chased down before half way. Later in the game he made a break and simply fell over himself.

I can recall one game - sadly I forget which one last season, where Reed ran down a pretty quick outside back, and he looked pretty quick and mobile when he scored against the knights, and stepping, or rather swerving around Gidley.

I think we are too used to seeing Reed play bash and barge because of Hoffman at 5/8. Now that Barba is in the halves, we might be seeing more of what Reed is capable.

As for Mr. Wright's comment about Oates bulking up vs growing - point taken. I think growing is correct, and he still has such good pace. Perfect centre for mine down the track. Yet again, he reminds me of a potential Gene Miles.

Last edited:
He has been finding some touch since playing in the halves and I believe that is where he should stay for next year. His form at fullback was terrible playing without confidence and not willing to back himself and since he has moved to five-eighth he has been eager to get involved and is playing with a smile on his face again just like 2012. Milford will probably take the fullback spot.

LOL....he got speed wobbles.

Did you guys also see Corey Oates beat Barba in a race at training lol

I think Barba just beat him actually.

What was more concerning was that Vidot dropped out of the race when he knew he was no hope !!

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.