Lets discuss Barba

Error Page

Barba has put on five kilograms of lean muscle this season under renowned Broncos conditioner Alex Corvo.

Barba has morphed from an 87 kilogram dynamo to a ripped 92 kilogram No.6.

Data from Fox Sports Stats reveals that against Canterbury, Manly and Melbourne, Barba made 40 tackles and missed only three.

In those three games, Barba missed the fewest tackles of any Brisbane player.

“I’m weighing 92 kilos now which is a lot heavier than I was a few years ago.

The trade-off for Barba’s bulked up frame is that he is not as fast as he was in his Dally M Medal-winning season with Canterbury in 2012.

Barba used to beat his younger brother, Broncos-contracted Marmin, easily in foot races but Marmin now outpaces Ben easily.

he put the weight on in pre season, we all knew this. its not like the extra 5kg was added specifically for his move to 5/8...

obviously now that the move has been made, it is working out ok, but for the first 18 rounds of hte season or whatever, it wasnt a good decision.

i still think i'd like to see him drop a couple k's and regain some speed/agility

All the weight he has put on makes me feel like the move to the 6 was always on the cards.

that may be true but then why did it take so long to occur.. (rhetorical).

anyway at this stage he is going well in the 6 and i would love to see him get a shot there next season with the milf sticking at fb.

i really hope barba stays at the broncos long term. he's one of those players, that if released, will get snapped up by another club in quick time and then will come back to carve the broncos up to pieces.

i really hope barba stays at the broncos long term. he's one of those players, that if released, will get snapped up by another club in quick time and then will come back to carve the broncos up to pieces.

it's all down to Wayne now, but hopefully he's a Barba fan and decides to keep him as our long term 5/8

it's all down to Wayne now, but hopefully he's a Barba fan and decides to keep him as our long term 5/8 

Let's list all the rational reasons why Bennett wouldn't.

Darius Boyd is not a rational reason

I've wanted Barba at 5/8 all year, and remember saying it on here a few times as well.

Imagine how good we could have been going if he had the whole year to grow into the role instead of just a few weeks.

His kicking game will get better the more he does it, in fact he even put up a decent bomb against the doggies.

Hopefully the rumors of Bennett wanting to offload Barba to make room for Boyd are wide of the mark, and he actually has some common sense, and can see that Barba is our best option for 5/8 and Milford our best option for full back in 2015.

Last edited:

i think the media is just trying to stir up the broncos. the articles over the last few weeks about barba being on the outer mentioned stuff like how not many clubs would be interested in him. now, maybe his forms been off, but surely a heap of clubs would be interested in barba. surely most coaches would see a massive opportunity with a guy like barba if they could unlock his talents again.

anyway, i hope the rumours are just that, and barba gets a chance with bennett.

On the Matty Johns show last night, Gordie said the players who WB may not want will be digging their heels in & won't leave.

He said Barba is really happy at the Broncos.

i think the media is just trying to stir up the broncos. the articles over the last few weeks about barba being on the outer mentioned stuff like how not many clubs would be interested in him. now, maybe his forms been off, but surely a heap of clubs would be interested in barba. surely most coaches would see a massive opportunity with a guy like barba if they could unlock his talents again.

anyway, i hope the rumours are just that, and barba gets a chance with bennett.

Doesn't this all sound a bit like classic WB? Leaking out stuff that barbas no good, not his type of player to get a response. You know, see if he collapses from it or stands up and proves him wrong.

Maybe he wants to know this year if barba is up to it?

Doesn't this all sound a bit like classic WB? Leaking out stuff that barbas no good, not his type of player to get a response. You know, see if he collapses from it or stands up and proves him wrong.

Maybe he wants to know this year if barba is up to it?

I certainly will want to know if next year, Bennett is up to it, 'cos so far this year, for mine, Barba is.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Dexter
  • Santa
  • jarro65
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.