Lets discuss Barba

IMO, our best option for 2015 is

1. Milford
6. Barba

And if Boyd comes his only position should be wing or ISC

100%. Kinda leaves Hoffman out in the cold, but we'll worry about that when the time comes.

100%. Kinda leaves Hoffman out in the cold, but we'll worry about that when the time comes.

If Hoffman is prepared to play wing, we could entertain the idea if Vidot in the back row? Both Hoffman and Boyd are better finishers (on current form), but his go forward us invaluable.

Also of the opinion that Barba may be better at 6 for us, and Milford at 1, given overall team dynamics. However, not prepared to write off Milf in the halves off last night's effort. Shit team, shit coach, small wonder he struggled to put a stamp on the game. Whichever combination we go with, I look forward to seeing us really bring the excitement next year.

With respect to Barba's form this year, I believe his ankle hindered him for much of the early going, and our team structure (with Hoffy at 6, little ball play at the line) was not conducive to his natural game. He has put in some poor performances however, but I believe he'll continue to improve. Still believe it was a good move to secure him.

Why even think of putting Milford at 6 when we have Barba showing he is looking the goods at 5/8 and is actively building combinations with Hunt and the rest of the team, and so far it looks like it is getting better each week.

Why even think of putting Milford at 6 when we have Barba showing he is looking the goods at 5/8 and is actively building combinations with Hunt and the rest of the team, and so far it looks like it is getting better each week.

It'll be because if Boyd comes we expect him to play fullback so Milford will need to move to the 6. A lot of if's, buts and candy nuts but it is a possibility.

It'll be because if Boyd comes we expect him to play fullback so Milford will need to move to the 6. A lot of if's, buts and candy nuts but it is a possibility.

Which of course would mean Barba gets released and we end up with an inferior side.

Brett's post earlier about Barba the play maker and Milford the ball runner makes so much sense.

To get Boyd and play him at FB over Milford is plain stupid, and if so, to lose Barba is just plain idiotic

I agree but that doesn't mean what we want will happen. Barba has a lot of potential which I hope we get to see.

I'd prefer to see how Milford goes in the halves after a pre-season training in the position before I say he isn't a 5/8th. I'd much prefer him at fullback though.

Watching how Barba is handling 5/8.....I'm starting to sway towards leaving him there with Milford at the back. That's not to say I don't think Milford is a 5/8, I think he is. People judging him on a handful of Raiders games and one or two SOO U/20's games at no.6, are being too short sighted. A Raiders shit backline structure and a team that was on the backfoot against it's opposition for most of the game isn't a fair trial.

Last night watching Milford against the Eels I still see no reason to think differently.

What to do with Barba though....? To keep all these "fullbacks" in the same team, I think this has to happen.

1. Milford
2. Hoffman
5. Boyd
6. Barba

Watching how Barba is handling 5/8.....I'm starting to sway towards leaving him there with Milford at the back. That's not to say I don't think Milford is a 5/8, I think he is. People judging him on a handful of Raiders games and one or two SOO U/20's games at no.6, are being too short sighted. A Raiders **** backline structure and a team that was on the backfoot against it's opposition for most of the game isn't a fair trial.

Last night watching Milford against the Eels I still see no reason to think differently.

What to do with Barba though....? To keep all these "fullbacks" in the same team, I think this has to happen.

1. Milford
2. Hoffman
5. Boyd
6. Barba

I will eat my hat if all 4 of those blokes are at the club next season. Hoffman is odds on to leave if Boyd comes IMO and the club is trying to offload Barba by all reports.

Vidot is invaluable on the wing and has been our best buy. He's earned it. Would be very disappointing of He goes into the back row... The reason he eats so many metres is because he's defending on the wing... He's not burning energy in the middle making tackles so when he runs at players more tired than he, he's drags them with him. He's huge. Tall and can jump for the high ball. He's a winger. He can be so much more under bennett and I see him earning an origin call up next year if not the next. Let him play along side Hodges...hoffman alongside reed. Unfortunately copley as great as his season has been, might have to wait behind Hodges for a centre position. I like the way reed defends. . His kicking game is so much so that at his best he's almost as good as Lyon when on. And with hoffman on his flank, they are deadly. But... if hoffman wants out, copley to play alongside reed. Copley struggles in defense when in centre.

But yes. . Keep barba in 6. Milford at 1.

I used to be of the opinion that our best spine going forward was 1. Boyd, 6. Milf, 7. Hunt, but after seeing Barba play at 5/8 for the past few weeks I'm not so sure that we need Boyd.

Vidot is invaluable on the wing and has been our best buy. He's earned it. Would be very disappointing of He goes into the back row... The reason he eats so many metres is because he's defending on the wing... He's not burning energy in the middle making tackles so when he runs at players more tired than he, he's drags them with him. He's huge. Tall and can jump for the high ball. He's a winger. He can be so much more under bennett and I see him earning an origin call up next year if not the next. Let him play along side Hodges...hoffman alongside reed. Unfortunately copley as great as his season has been, might have to wait behind Hodges for a centre position. I like the way reed defends. . His kicking game is so much so that at his best he's almost as good as Lyon when on. And with hoffman on his flank, they are deadly. But... if hoffman wants out, copley to play alongside reed. Copley struggles in defense when in centre.

Please tell me you don't think Copley should be dropped altogether....

#Barba to stay at 6 in 2015

I just hope Boyd doen't follow Bennett here.

Our side (backs) look pretty handy next year without him TBH.

Barba to stay at 5/8 for mine.... I think he and Hunt could form a really deadly combination if given more time together.

The silver lining to this cap drama might be that we're told we cant sign Boyd.

Barba should never be mentioned as a fullback again. He is definitely playing a lot better and happier than ever the last few weeks.

Barba should never be mentioned as a fullback again. He is definitely playing a lot better and happier than ever the last few weeks.

I'm not prepared to say never again, but he has been good for us. Gee it's nice to have a reasonable kicker in the 6. With Macca chipping in as well thus week, really takes the pressure off Hunt (who put in his best work with the boot all season).

Yep, you ARE on drugs.

Reed is not even close.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
  • Volvo Driver
  • leish107
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.