Lets discuss Barba

Weve all seen how McCullough reacted to the news that the Boncs were heavily chasing Smithy

With talk of Boyd coming back, Barba will either sink or swim, the next couple of weeks should give us an indication as to where Benny's at,

All previous injury/personal issues aside, its time for the REAL Ben to step up and cement his place in the team,

Barba is very lucky he wasn't involved in that Reed/Vidot/Oates incident. That might've been the last straw with the club.

wait, what? the last straw? are you talking about his form or something else?

i'd be very interested to know bennetts thoughts on barba and what he wants to do with him.

Too much talk not enough action coming out of the players at the moment. Barba needs to zip and start putting his body on the line.

I was going to start a Ben Barba Appreciation Thread but this will do...

Well Beads, it looks like it's finally happening, hey.

Barba is finally in his proper and only position at the Broncos - the halves, he looks to me like he is certainly putting his body on the line ... in the front line in fact (one missed tackle last night I think plus some great defence) and some of his passing was terrific - well timed, accurate cut outs, just what we haven't had for 17 rounds.

At last, the Broncos have 2 effective halves, and both debutants pretty much in their respective positions. If they keep evolving at this rate, we can have a halves pairing as good as any.

Pity it wasn't from Round 1

Hoffman is a bog average fullback at the best of times but the fact that Milford is coming to take it from him gives me great comfort that this:

1.Milford
6. Barba
7. Hunt

Will go a long way to winning us a premiership and shoring up our long term future. As soon as Barba or Hunt retire, move Milf into the halves for the remainder of his career and blood a new fullback.

Hoffman is a bog average fullback at the best of times but the fact that Milford is coming to take it from him gives me great comfort that this:

1.Milford
6. Barba
7. Hunt

Will go a long way to winning us a premiership and shoring up our long term future. As soon as Barba or Hunt retire, move Milf into the halves for the remainder of his career and blood a new fullback.

what if it ends up being:

1. Milford
6. Boyd
7. Hunt
14. Barba

what if it ends up being:

1. Milford
6. Boyd
7. Hunt
14. Barba

I understand you're hoping that's the case cause then you have a legit reason to rubbish Bennett, but I very much doubt it. Keep what we have which is working, offload Hoffman and use the cap space on a decent prop.

I understand you're hoping that's the case cause then you have a legit reason to rubbish Bennett, but I very much doubt it. Keep what we have which is working, offload Hoffman and use the cap space on a decent prop.

I think we pretty much have all the props we need.

I was going by what Walters apparently said on the radio this morning, about Boyd likely ending up in Brisbane and that he can play 5/8

I think we pretty much have all the props we need.

Really? Despite his recent solid form, I very much doubt Kennedy will be retained, especially at his current value.

How many quality props do the Broncos need?

They already have McGuire & Hannant upfront. Throw in the names Danoz listed and the likes of Parker, Thaiday and some of the other NYC talent and there is enough there to be satisfied with.

If it still isn't good enough, fix it for 2016.

I liked the way Barba seemed to tackle last night. He looked like he climbs all over the ball runner and brings him down. Bulldogging so to speak.

Oh dear, I have amused myself...

Barba has shown enough in the last few weeks in the 6 for me to think he could make a long term go of that position. His defence was most of our biggest worry but that doesn't seem to be the big issue I thought it would be. The potential is there.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Brocko
  • RolledOates
  • GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
  • broncotville
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.