Lets discuss Barba

Without Barba in good form and with Hoffman at 5/8, we are no chance whatsoever of beating any of the top sides, and I count an in-form Warriors outfit as one of the top sides, so we shall see what we shall see on Saturday.

Given that I doubt Barba or Hoffman will be moved this year no matter what, there you have it. We will be a week to week proposition, with everything depending on Barba.

Like I have always said, and I feel our results show it, unless Barba is in good form, relatively speaking, we are not competitive against the best sides.

You can't beat Manly, Dogs, Storm, Roosters with one half.

Against the Panthers who effectively played with 14 men and were almost dead parrots - tired and shagged out after a long squawk, we ought to have put another 20 points on them. We didn't. We lost where we should have won.

If Barba ***** up and, in the extremely unlikely scenario that say Hodges goes to 5/8 and Hoffman to wing or FB, Maranta in with Copley at right centre, we might, just, have a chance of making the finals.

If Barba ***** up and, in the extremely unlikely scenario that say Hodges goes to 5/8 and Hoffman to wing or FB, Maranta in with Copley at right centre, we might, just, have a chance of making the finals.

How's Maranta going in QLD Cup anyway?

Has this been posted somewhere else.....?

Big money Broncos recruit Ben Barba says his form has improved over the past few rounds | News.com.au

“I’m not going that bad. I only dropped one bomb (against Penrith) and you can’t catch them all.

Really?

fucken hell......
facepalm.gif

^^ That Penrith comment is stupid but to be fair to Barba, up until a couple of games ago, we were all saying he was starting to improve, which he was.

I guess he doesn't realize it's his reluctance to challenge for the high bomb that shits us off.

He just stands there and waits for it to come to him, you can't do that these days.

The problem with Barba is that because of his immense talent, ability and potential he gets cut a bit more slack in the media, league circles and on this forum. A poor performance can be easily chalked up to his injury (which we really don't know the full extent of), still settling in, the coach, the game plan, etc. All those reasons(excuses) may have some merit but it's a real contrast to guys like Maranta and Copley (who are easily having much better seasons yet get bagged from pillar to post if they under perform).

Up until his shocker against Penrith he hasn't been criticised too much this year. On the other hand, a big play from him gets blown out of proportion. Personally, I feel he's been a real mixed bag this year. After nearly 20 rounds, I wasn't expecting his sublime form from 2012 which is almost impossible to replicate but I guess I was hoping for more from him than a few "nice touches" with the football here and there.

Too much talk not enough action coming out of the players at the moment. Barba needs to zip and start putting his body on the line.

I guess he doesn't realize it's his reluctance to challenge for the high bomb that shits us off.

He just stands there and waits for it to come to him, you can't do that these days.

Correction.....he stands there hoping someone else will catch it.

This sounds like the sort of stuff people were saying about Greg Inglis when he first started at Souths. How Broncs fans were going "Oh I am glad he went to Souths instead he plays terrible when he isn't one of the Big Four"...

I am holding hope the Barba Saga has the same ending.

I'd like to sign Karmichael Hunt and have something like this next year.
1 Hunt
2 Vidot
3 Reed
4 Hodges
5 Copley
6 Milford
7 Hunt
14 Barba (Used like the Walker Bros. use Marmin)

Barba is very lucky he wasn't involved in that Reed/Vidot/Oates incident. That might've been the last straw with the club.

Barba is very lucky he wasn't involved in that Reed/Vidot/Oates incident. That might've been the last straw with the club.

That's a very broad statement. He is lucky he isn't involved in lots of things.

Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • BruiserMk1
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.