Lets discuss Barba

It's true I target Hoffman more, but that's because it disgusts me as a league fan in general, not just a Broncos fan.

As insipid as Hoffman has been at five eighth, he hasn't cost the Broncos games like Barba has.

If fans weren't patient with Ben because he's a huge buy and they're aware of what he's capable of, he'd be public enemy #1 on here and deservedly so.

I don't think you can separate the Hoffman-Barba axis in a sense.

Hoffman has cost us games both from his lack of instincts and ability to play 5/8 and then Barba has for mine, been given the role of compensating for Hoffman's shortcomings, so to lay all the blame at Barba's feet is not entirely accurate.

I agree Barba is hot and cold and it seems to me his head just is somewhere else half the time. Maybe one way is to put him in the firing line at 5/8, but to blame him for anything else other than poor performance at the back (rather than not coming into the line and playing a proper 2nd playmaking role) is a bit unfair

It was Hook who designed this unholy structural calamity, not Barba or Hoffman

We've basically been in winning positions in games only for Barba to stuff up at the back with a kick either with a crap kick return or a poor take.

I'm not excusing Hoffman, but you'd swear he's the main cause for all our problems when really, Barba has been just as bad and even worse in most games.

We've basically been in winning positions in games only for Barba to stuff up at the back with a kick either with a crap kick return or a poor take.

I'm not excusing Hoffman, but you'd swear he's the main cause for all our problems when really, Barba has been just as bad and even worse in most games.

At least Barba has come out and said he isn't playing good enough. It seems Hoffman is still going along thinking he deserves his spot as the Brisbane Broncos five-eight.

Moving Barba to 5/8th will just create another problem. He won't put his body on the line so how is he supposed to defend in the front line??

We just need a bodyguard for Barba. Rooters won a premiership with one of the NRL's worst defenders at five-eighth. Oh, to have a back-rower that players fear running at again. Tunza for comeback #2.

Broncos don't have any players the opposition fears running at.. they know they will get a cuddle around the ball and be slowly put on the ground and cuddled on the ground until the ref blows a penalty.

Broncos don't have any players the opposition fears running at.. they know they will get a cuddle around the ball and be slowly put on the ground and cuddled on the ground until the ref blows a penalty.

Your post makes me sad in its truth.

At the same time, IMO, we have won a few games thanks to Barba. We shouldn't forget that, and we have not won a single game because of Hoffman

Barba was only the difference in one game.

The Dogs.

The rest of the time, he wasn't a deciding factor.

Even then, Hoffman contributed just as much if not more against the Cowboys the next week, so there you go.

Barba was only the difference in one game.

The Dogs.

The rest of the time, he wasn't a deciding factor.

Even then, Hoffman contributed just as much if not more against the Cowboys the next week, so there you go.

I disagree. There were a lot more where he either scored or more importantly, set tries up.

I disagree. There were a lot more where he either scored or more importantly, set tries up.

A lot more?

He's scored three tries all year, and we lost one of those games too.

One of those games was against the Knights, his second best game of the year but he wasn't among the three best on the field for the Broncos on that occasion.

Raiders game was well and truly won and Barba had little impact on the result.

Aside from the Dogs, there hasn't been a game where he's been a positive difference. Been plenty where he's been the negative and he doesn't deserve a free ride.

As much as Barba has been below par, trying to imply he has been worse for the team than Hoffman is absolute idiocy.

Barba has easily been more influential in both defense and attack than Hoffman. He is the leading try saving player in the NRL, has set up more tries than Hoffman, and more importantly, he hasn't stiffled our left side attack like Hoggman has for most of the season!

Yes, he is a bit of a liability under the high ball, and has always been, even in his Dally M season!

Nothing has affected Barba more than Hooks fucking bulking regime, which took the sting out of Barba, slowing him down enough to erode his evasive skills and speed.

If only for that reason, I hope Griffin isn't here next season to do the same to Milford!

S'pose Griffin cut out Barba's heart as well......

he's certainly not playing with any.

S'pose Griffin cut out Barba's heart as well......

he's certainly not playing with any.
What a load of crap. I have not seen him run away from a tackle and he has never been a guy to run full pelt into the line, and I mean NEVER.
The only difference between this Barba and the Dally M one, is speed, evasiveness and admittedly confidence.

What a load of crap. I have not seen him run away from a tackle and he has never been a guy to run full pelt into the line, and I mean NEVER.
The only difference between this Barba and the Dally M one, is speed, evasiveness and admittedly confidence.

this site seems to need one player to put the blame on for the loss ... for most of the season it has been Hoffman, now it seems to have switched to Barba

Watch the game again from last night.......Barba's efforts were a load of crap.

Weak.As.Piss

He shits his pants every time a ball goes into the air. He immediately looks around to see if anyone else is close enough to take the catch.

YOURS !!!

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.