OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Holy imagine. And will you take it personally when he doesn't?

Why would I give a shit?

You've spent the last 2 years riding him into the turf for no other reason than his dad is the coach, that's basically it. Which to me, is ridiculous.

He's had the best period of his career, at times last season (2023) he was one of our best. It would be a dagger to yourself if the new coach stepped in and named him in Round 1.

Why would I give a shit?

You've spent the last 2 years riding him into the turf for no other reason than his dad is the coach, that's basically it. Which to me, is ridiculous.

He's had the best period of his career, at times last season (2023) he was one of our best. It would be a dagger to yourself if the new coach stepped in and named him in Round 1.
No, I've repeated over and over to you, my concern was he'd get his father sacked. I reiterated it over and over to vomit point, but you still kept going on with it. It was never about Billy. It was about his father. You kept ignoring what I was saying and went on with your own wank.

And here we are, having this moronic conversation again. And his father got sacked.

Move on, and get over your infatuation with Billy. I no longer give a shit. The ship sailed. And sank.

Like Max Plath… 😔

Not a single person on here had heard of him or seen him play when he he went to Dolphins- people now saying they're massive Wynnum Colts fans and would have always signed him are talking such lies.

Not a single person on here had heard of him or seen him play when he he went to Dolphins- people now saying they're massive Wynnum Colts fans and would have always signed him are talking such lies.
Literally not a single person is saying that, but they are pointing out that it appears to be a blunder from the people who are paid to get it right.

Maybe he didn't want to sign with us & be comparedto his Dad, when he was playing for us.

If you're thinking of post count, a crawl of the BHQ site (basically downloading and parsing page HTML dumps) turned up the highest threads (approximate post count over 2k, page count, start date and thread title):

>6k 384 Apr 3, 2021 kevin walters
>4k 225 Aug 24, 2012 sack griffin new coach discussion
>4k 217 Sep 11, 2018 2019 broncos line up
>4k 202 Jul 27, 2013 official anthony milford to broncos
>3k 182 Feb 14, 2017 2018 nrl side
>3k 166 Mar 13, 2013 the wayne bennett super thread
>2k 97 May 27, 2022 payne haas
>2k 93 Aug 24, 2020 next broncos coach
>2k 86 Mar 8, 2014 broncos 2015 discussion
>2k 86 Jul 10, 2010 greg inglis signing thread
>2k 85 Jun 27, 2020 anthony seibold discussion
>2k 84 Feb 3, 2012 player movements and rumours 2012
>2k 138 Apr 13, 2013 official barba to broncos
>2k 128 Oct 26, 2009 player movements rumours 2010
>2k 127 Nov 27, 2013 official milford signs with broncos
>2k 123 Jan 20, 2017 our new halfback should be
>2k 111 May 26, 2022 payne haas retracts immediate release from broncos then
>2k 108 Oct 1, 2023 2024 pre season discussion pre season premiers
>2k 108 Jul 25, 2020 where to from here lets plan for 2021 er 2025
>2k 102 Sep 17, 2016 2017 line up

(exact post counts take rather longer to get).

As you can see, far and away the dominant topic was KW's tenure; the 2023 GF "only" went for over 1k posts. Bringing up the initial post of this thread (by theshed), pretty much indicates the same arguments were circulating then as they would still be over three years later:

I’m definitely not saying Kev should be on the chopping block yet, this was always going to take time and a lot of things are out of his control. But I have not been impressed with many of the things that are in his control. I want Kev to succeed as much as anyone, from a team perspective and because I like the guy, but early signs of not being up to the task are showing in my opinion. Maybe he will find his feet but I think he needs help and I think the club should throw barrels of cash at Bellamy or Bennett to come on in some form.

... and then concluded:

I hope Kev learns from all this and gets the hang of NRL coaching. Being successful under Kev would be a fairytale but I see a coach who is already out of his depth.
So what you’re saying is, I’m the single most important poster in BHQ history? Wow, your words not mine but I guess you have a point

Literally not a single person is saying that, but they are pointing out that it appears to be a blunder from the people who are paid to get it right.

It doesn't fit the Billy wanted Plath gone narrative and white anted him because he was so good.

Maybe he didn't want to sign with us & be comparedto his Dad, when he was playing for us.

Very few Broncos go from train and trial to full time. It’s as simple as he saw more chance at Redcliffe.

So what you’re saying is, I’m the single most important poster in BHQ history? Wow, your words not mine but I guess you have a point

Well not quite "ffffuuuuuuuuuu:

But the thing was that observations were being made back in '21 that have persisted to the present. Not quite the stopped-clock analogy but plenty prescient enough. I wonder if the issues behind the '22 collapse over the final six games of that campaign were not identified/addressed either, only to rear their ugly head again in the 23/24 preseason and proceed to sink that year ...

As others have said, who said that?

But the fact was he was in our system and our R&R team didn’t make him a priority.

The mistakes just seem to keep piling up, don’t they?

@Sproj, @BroncsFan and @Shane Tronc had wraps on him so please stop talking such lies.

It doesn't fit the Billy wanted Plath gone narrative and white anted him because he was so good.
Not one person on this forum other than you has pushed this hoax.

@Sproj, @BroncsFan and @Shane Tronc had wraps on him so please stop talking such lies.

Three posts, after he'd signed with Dolphins.

Which just prove my point.

My criticism has always been that kevvie called those shots, not billy. From what we know now seems to me I was likely correct.

My criticism has always been that kevvie called those shots, not billy. From what we know now seems to me I was likely correct.

Given how rare this is, albeit maybe not even in this case, it must be quite the feeling for you.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • theshed
  • winslow_wong
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.