Locky to miss 2 weeks......

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Locky's missed 2 games this year, Broncos won 1 of them, and lost the other despite one of the worst performances of all time in attack, by 2 points.

This week is all about our forward pack. If we can stop the Eels getting a roll on, then the Hayne Stain will do nothing. As Pus goes on about, the Eels play in surges. 10-15 minutes here and there, maybe 2 or 3 of them in a game. In between they can be diabolical.

The key is containing them defensively in those surges, and make the most of it when they're shithouse.

We have enough firepower on both fronts to do it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
IMO, the key to this game will be the first 20 minutes. The Eels are a confidence team. If we can bash them up in the first 20, force a few errors here and there, we could end up going into halftime with a handy lead. Eels will most likely then put their heads down and lose the game. Look what the Titans did to them last week! They came out firing in the second half and scored 2 tries in the first 20 minutes to equal the scores. Titans ran away with it in the end because Parra lost all confidence.

Pretty much what I was saying. Bulldogs game for example. Eels had their first "surge" from the kick off. Bulldogs couldn't go with them.

Apart from that initial 20 minutes, the Bulldogs were actually point-for-point with the Eels.

But that's one reason I get concerned with our lumbering Tronc and Kenny as our starting props. Eels forwards are more mobile, they love to offload, they have good leg drive. I remember the last time we played them down at Parra, the first set of the game the Eels made 60 metres on their first 5 hit ups and put in an attacking kick which had the Broncos working it out from their own 10 metre zone, immediately under pressure.

Sounds like a minor thing, but I want the Broncos to win the toss and receive.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
The Rock said:
IMO, the key to this game will be the first 20 minutes. The Eels are a confidence team. If we can bash them up in the first 20, force a few errors here and there, we could end up going into halftime with a handy lead. Eels will most likely then put their heads down and lose the game. Look what the Titans did to them last week! They came out firing in the second half and scored 2 tries in the first 20 minutes to equal the scores. Titans ran away with it in the end because Parra lost all confidence.
They were down by like 20 against the Panthers and came back and smashed them.

Also, they were all over the Titans early last week.

Pretty inconsistent really.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
tkday said:
that we can't repalce him like everyone was crying because we have no-one better.
Ironically we can't replace Norman either because we have no-one better....

Please tell me who YOU would put at 6 this week?

No one has said or even hinted that Norman is better than Lockyer or he will "replace" Lockyer but he is the best option we have and he has shown us that he has the potential to the do the job, at least as good as any other option if Locky is not playing.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I think Hunt would do better than Norman. But that's not really my point. My point was that everyone was saying we will be fine because we have Norman, which I think is not right. I don't think Hunt is a great option either, but like you said we've got no-one else. I know we can still win and sure as hell I hope we do, but missing Locky is going to make it really tough. I've said it in another thread, I hope Norman proves me wrong, he seems like a great kid and has the potential to be a great player.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well fact is if you lose a player like Lockyer you don't just "replace them" and expect to be as good. But Norman will do a good job. That's the point.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I disagree, I don't think he will do a good job. Let's see whos right :P

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I just think it's hilarious how you defend an underperforming player like Wallace but write off a kid in his first year of grade. I seriously think you're a rugby league retard.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I may very well be, I don't claim to be an expert that's for sure. But at least Wallace has proven himself at first grade level. But remember, we're not allowed to bring Wallace into different threads so lets not start that again. And hey, thanks for the insult, you're ok in my books!

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
tkday said:
But at least Wallace has proven himself at first grade level.
debatable.

personally as long as we can win 1 game or so without lockyer to confirm our place in the finals, i say give lockyer until the finals to rest up.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
The Eels seem to think Locky will play this friday night ???

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
I'm sure he could if he wanted to. I don't think it is worth the risk though.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
tkday said:
But at least Wallace has proven himself at first grade level.
debatable.

personally as long as we can win 1 game or so without lockyer to confirm our place in the finals, i say give lockyer until the finals to rest up.

Terrible idea. If he sat on the sidelines for the next 4 weeks and came back for the first game of the finals, he would struggle. Timing and cohesion with his team mates would be gone also.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well yeah it's stupid but he has a point, if we can afford to rest Lockyer we should although it won't happen. Game is a business and a top 4 home game = big cash.

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I heard on the radio just now that he may not even play again this season.

Unread

Active Now

• Bish
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Lurker
  • Scdeac
  • Swordfish
  • Painin the Haas
  • jd87
  • phoenix
  • Browny
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • barker
  • Xzei
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • Fozz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.