Locky to miss 2 weeks......

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Donny said:
Anyone see this as a bit of a blessing?

I know we have to win this game but if we can manage to win this week and next week without Lockyer we get a huge benifit. Lockyer gets two weeks off to rest and get better ready for the run to our 7th Premiership :mrgreen:

fresh Lockyer = Awsome
i dont consider having 2 weeks off to recover from a rib cartilage injury as being 'fresh'. its like saying Hodges is going to be 'fresh' when he comes back.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
hahaha, true AP. Also, the game against the dragons only showed us that the dragons have poor attack.

R

radicaljack

BRL Player
Apr 20, 2008
What a blow to our finals hopes,or at least finishing 5-6. If we lose the next two without lockyer, its not going to be easy beating the Warriors away.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
radicaljack said:
What a blow to our finals hopes,or at least finishing 5-6. If we lose the next two without lockyer, its not going to be easy beating the Warriors away.

Yep, we'll need to win one of our next 2 games to make the finals IMO.

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
Donny said:
Anyone see this as a bit of a blessing?

I know we have to win this game but if we can manage to win this week and next week without Lockyer we get a huge benifit. Lockyer gets two weeks off to rest and get better ready for the run to our 7th Premiership :mrgreen:

fresh Lockyer = Awsome
i dont consider having 2 weeks off to recover from a rib cartilage injury as being 'fresh'. its like saying Hodges is going to be 'fresh' when he comes back.

Umm yeah, I think I'd rather we picked up 4 points then have Locky 'fresh'. If we manage to win the next 2 games, then great, he'll be fresh, but if we don't..

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The real question is who replaces Locky, Norman or Hunt?

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Has to be Hunt, although Norman has played in the halves this year and gone alright, Hunt has been a regular in the team for a while now and knows whats required. Plus he played out the cowboys match in the halves.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
In past seasons this would be a scary two weeks for us, but with Corey Norman in the squad I'm honestly not concerned at all about our prospects.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
I'd rather he miss two weeks now than the rest of the season by playing injured.

Absolutely agree with this.

Hope Wallace steps up to really lead the team with Locky out.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The Rock said:
Our attack might not be crash hot without Lockyer in the next 2 weeks but far out, if we can't beat those 2 shit teams then we won't Go far in the finals.

Eels and the Knights aren't the best defensive teams either, so I don't see us having too many troubles scoring the points needed.
Not so long ago, the Eels had the second best defence in the comp, while the Knights were actually very strong defensively against the Dogs.
Really hoping the Warriors do a number on Newcastle, so they won't have a carrot dangling in front of them when they play us. They're a traditionally hard ground to play at!

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Hunt is hopeless in the halves.
No1 else notice the floater from the scrum last week?

bent

bent

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Just heard comment on the channel 9 news Gillet might get a run at five-eighth???

I really hope that was a load of crap. Norman should be there for sure. Our defense is all about keeping the same team in the same positions. You dont put a non-half in at half in a pressure game. End of Story.

Also, I believe Wallace will step up. He hasnt been going gang busters this year but I believe if we give him another half to just give another kicking option, then he will take the reins of the team.

D

db1459

BRL Player
May 18, 2009
Gillett at 5/8 puts a lot of pressure on Wallaces kicking game. Norman for mine. One pass doesn't convince me that Hunt is ready just yet.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well Gillett could probably do it IMO, the guy is a freak you could put him anywhere and he'll succeed.
Besides if Bird, Sutton and co can do 5/8 no reason why Gillett can't. Either way it's better than Carroll...

P.S I'm joking about the last part but not the last part of the last part. We should go with Hunt or Norman.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • bazza
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosMan
  • Maroon4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.