Locky to miss 2 weeks......

Bull_Shark said:
Nashy said:
Do you think we deserve to be in the finals as it stands?

The team had plenty of chances to fight for the finals, and they wasted the opportunities with stupid mistakes, stupid decisions and stupid selections for the fielded team.

Let Lockyer get over the injury properly. If that means missing the finals, then so be it.

I don't know if the Broncos have had "plenty of chances to fight for the finals" ... Cast your mind back three months ago when the team was 2-6 and appeared to be going absolutely nowhere near the finals ... Its been an excellent fight back from this group ... They've gone 9-4 through the tough middle period of the season .. A lot of Broncos teams before this one didn't get even close to matching that ..

Personally I've enjoyed this season as a Broncos supporter far more than a lot of previous seasons where the club was a lot higher up the standings at this point of competition but was playing way below its potential with a better playing list than this year's.

This young Broncos group has really restored that Broncos culture - where the gap between a great performance and an ordinary performance isn't all that big, and even in defeat the opposition is made to work extra hard for it. IMO, you couldn't really get too down if the Broncos ran out of steam and struggled from here on because there are a lot of young bodies and young heads in this group that may be starting to fatigue after such a huge effort to drag the club back from a bad start to the season.

But everything that's happened to this point of the season and everything that happens from this point forward will stand these guys in stead for next season and beyond.

[eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi Well said, agree completely.

[eusa_clap.gi I agree also Bull that was a great post. Even if we do slide out of contention now I think this group has fought back well from the start of the season. If they can lift and get us into the finals without locky, it will be a fantastic performance.

Well said Shark....and I add on a sour note that this team could have been even better placed if at the start, and throughout the season, we had a couple of good older frontrowers to provide one really important ingredient. Stability and experience. ( I do realise that's two components) With experienced props,any team is best served. By ingredient I mean the type of player we've missed. All our great sides of the past have had a Webcke type, hard as nails, no nonsense solid and tough in the middle. Rarely did teams think Brisbane were suspect up the middle but you'd have to think teams fear us less this year and would attack there without hesitation.

That said and back on topic the Broncs will struggle a fair bit but are most likely(of the nearest to eighth) to still make the finals. It has been a good fight this year and I'm happy with what we are developing. The future appears bright but tough times are ahead unless we are hard enough to hold the middle ground.

If Locky gets back on the field before the finals and we actually make the finals, we're a good chance at beating any of the teams in the 8. It's actually a fairly average top 8 this year, the only team I wouldn't like to play is St.George (unless it's at the SFS or homebush).

If we were to miss the finals there are plenty of games that you could look back on and say we let 2pts slip...

Canberra rd 2 - we had them shot to pieces and would have won but for some woeful options by McCullough around the ruck

Newcastle (early rounds) - after an ugly start the broncos scored 24pts and roared into half time like world beaters only to submit very meek and mildly in the 2nd half

Tigers (without origin stars) - after dominating the majority of the match, possession and field position they could not find the knockout blow (a disappointing effort from Wallace here) and kept inviting the tigers back into the game

Roosters (a few weeks back) - after starting the game with the worst attitude of the season and conceding a pile of points the broncos (to their credit) finally clawed their way back into the game and actually took the lead (with a little help from the refs) and then handed it back with mins to spare

Eels (last week) - a lockyer lead side would have put the eels to the sword, with silly errors, impatience and some defence that would make you think that Norman at least has one of Lockyer's qualities in the bag and the broncos threw away a huge chance to cement a spot in the top 8.

RedHillGuy said:
If we were to miss the finals there are plenty of games that you could look back on and say we let 2pts slip...

Canberra rd 2 - we had them shot to pieces and would have won but for some woeful options by McCullough around the ruck

Newcastle (early rounds) - after an ugly start the broncos scored 24pts and roared into half time like world beaters only to submit very meek and mildly in the 2nd half

Tigers (without origin stars) - after dominating the majority of the match, possession and field position they could not find the knockout blow (a disappointing effort from Wallace here) and kept inviting the tigers back into the game

Roosters (a few weeks back) - after starting the game with the worst attitude of the season and conceding a pile of points the broncos (to their credit) finally clawed their way back into the game and actually took the lead (with a little help from the refs) and then handed it back with mins to spare

Eels (last week) - a lockyer lead side would have put the eels to the sword, with silly errors, impatience and some defence that would make you think that Norman at least has one of Lockyer's qualities in the bag and the broncos threw away a huge chance to cement a spot in the top 8.

Throw in the Panthers game after Origin 3, Lockyer's worst game of the season and everyone dipped their performance with him.

But the point is this is a young team, so the above games are learning experiences for them. Show them how different things can be if you don't turn those close games into victories.

Talking about lossing tight games. What about the Rabbits. I think they have lost something like 7 games this year by less then 6 points. Heart Breaking for them and their fans.

On the other hand we havent had a come from behind at the death win this year. We must be due sooner rather then later!! Maybe in the GF [icon_wink

Donny said:
Talking about lossing tight games. What about the Rabbits. I think they have lost something like 7 games this year by less then 6 points. Heart Breaking for them and their fans.
On the other hand we havent had a come from behind at the death win this year. We must be due sooner rather then later!! Maybe in the GF [icon_wink

amazing how that sort of trend seems to affect ONE team every season ... without fail ..

Bull_Shark said:
Donny said:

amazing how that sort of trend seems to affect ONE team every season ... without fail ..

Yep, who was it last year? Sharks? Or Tigers?

I know the Sharks one season lost 7 or 8 games by less than 6 points, and the following season won 7 or 8 games by 6 points or less and made the finals (would've been 2007-2008 I think).

Locky on the Footy Show says he'll be back for the Warriors.

Well... he said he hoped to. He hasn't done any contact training yet.

Does anyone know if Locky trained today? Fox sports said he was hoping to train this arvo so was wondering if anyone had heard anything or had any info about how his recovery wasw going.

I heard on the radio that he did. They didn't say to what extent though (ie contact or not)

Jeba said:
I heard on the radio that he did. They didn't say to what extent though (ie contact or not)

Well one things for sure, he'll get plenty of contact against the Warriors. Better get the spare ribs ready. [icon_lol1. If he plays, which he shouldn't, I reckon it'll be the last we see of him for this season finals or no.

rnabokov said:
Jeba said:

Well one things for sure, he'll get plenty of contact against the Warriors. Better get the spare ribs ready. [icon_lol1. If he plays, which he shouldn't, I reckon it'll be the last we see of him for this season finals or no.

Fans predicting injuries. Always fun. Meanwhile Webcke played a semi final with a broken arm.

If he plays we are 25/75, if he doesn't we are 5/95 at the most. Considering the circumstance I guarantee he plays because he knows how much we need him even if he needs needles to play he will.

NRL.com are saying that Henjak won't pick him unless he's almost 100% fit.

Probably a good call too, he could get smashed early on and have to be replaced.

That wouldn't help the team at all [icon_thumbs_do

Jeba said:
rnabokov said:
Jeba said:

Fans predicting injuries. Always fun. Meanwhile Webcke played a semi final with a broken arm.

Ah, he's already injured. Rib cartilege? How old is he? I didn't know he was built like Webcke.

Nothing like needles to keep the brain sharp. Nothing like a few Warrior ogres smashing him in the ribcage, which IS what they will be coached to do.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • marw
  • Alec
  • Johnny92
  • mrslong
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Rambstien
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Astro
  • Jazza
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.