NEWS Lodge injury

We need the season back already. Or it to be over so we have something else to talk about.

it is only a game

Then don't get paid the amounts they do then. 'Only a game' is the game of tennis I play a few nights a week that I pay money to do. An industry that the players are paid 100's of thousands of dollars each year, that the results of each season impacts revenue and employment, that 100's of thousands of people watch and pour money into is not 'just a game'. If Boyd wanted to do something that is 'just a game' he is welcome to join me at my tennis club, we play Wednesday and Thursday nights and are always looking for new players.

and if he had said "It's just a job" instead of "it's just a game" then people would be in this thread calling him a greedy SOB who is only in it for the money

He could have said nothing.

Thanks to Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr this might not even be an issue anymore.

Lodge meeting surgeon tomorrow for clearance to resume to play. Very confident he will get back to training and play.

Last edited:
Just hope we arent pushing him too soon! Would much rather stay on the cautious side and give him an extra 1-2 weeks so he can be niggle free for the season, typically if they flare up they are a pain in the ass until a solid rest again.

Last edited:
Just hope we arent pushing him too soon! Would much rather stay on the cautious side and give him an extra 1-2 weeks so he can be niggle free for the season, typically if they flare up they are a pain in the ass until a solid rest again.

Starting him off the bench and giving him a solid 50-60 minutes is a safe enough approach I feel.

Starting him off the bench and giving him a solid 50-60 minutes is a safe enough approach I feel.
Whether he starts or comes off the Bench, if you're giving him 50-60 minutes then that's what he normally plays anyway, so we don't save him anything by not starting him.

Whether he starts or comes off the Bench, if you're giving him 50-60 minutes then that's what he normally plays anyway, so we don't save him anything by not starting him.

You can work it so he's only ever coming on against fatigued opponents. It requires a fair bit of fiddling and quality observation of your opposition but it can be done well.

Given how well flegler played with the increased responsibility, i dont think we need to be rushing lodge back into big minutes straight away. I would be thinking 40 from the bench would be a good start.

awesome position to be in when all your players are pushing hard for a starting spot :)

awesome position to be in when all your players are pushing hard for a starting spot :)
Plus, awesome position to be in to have won the first two games in a shortened season.

Doesn't he usually play 50-60 minutes? So what's the reasoning there? Bringing him off the bench to play the same amount of minutes gives him 20 more minutes of healing time?

With Lodge fit and firing, we are def a chance for the premiership this year now the season has shortened.

With Lodge fit and firing, we are def a chance for the premiership this year now the season has shortened.

I wonder how the fans of the teams that don’t win the competition this year, and history for that matter will perceive the legitimacy of this seasons premiers. There’s been a lot of disruption, no crowds and a few games have been cut but if all goes to plan as far as the resumption of the season goes. I personally don’t see it as any less legit than other seasons.

I wonder how the fans of the teams that don’t win the competition this year, and history for that matter will perceive the legitimacy of this seasons premiers. There’s been a lot of disruption, no crowds and a few games have been cut but if all goes to plan as far as the resumption of the season goes. I personally don’t see it as any less legit than other seasons.

I think no matter what will always have something attached to it, but the NRL has done a great job to get the schedule set so everyone plays each other once at least. This is enough to give the season legitimate value IMO.

Some might say it's a more fair competion this year.

Certain teams like the Broncos shouldn't have to play strong teams twice. E.g. Storm, Roosters like we normally do.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • lynx000
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Dash
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.