NEWS Lodge injury

It will be interesting to see if he gets the starting spot straight back after the way Flegler went in the first two games. Seibold can afford to bring Lodge back slowly off the bench knowing whichever one of them doesn’t make the starting side will probably be the best bench front rower in the competition.

It will be interesting to see if he gets the starting spot straight back after the way Flegler went in the first two games. Seibold can afford to bring Lodge back slowly off the bench knowing whichever one of them doesn’t make the starting side will probably be the best bench front rower in the competition.

Yeah I'd be going Flegler starting with Lodge being eased back in

8. Flegler
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

15. Joffa
16. Lodge
17. TPJ

That rotation would be the envy of every club in the league and has the Potential to be THE greatest ever if they stick together!

You know I was one who wanted Wayne gone and stand by the fact he wasn’t the one to move this side forward but in absolute credit to him and his regime, he left the club in great future success shape, very different to his last few clubs. Credit to him for that.

Last edited:
8. Flegler
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

15. Joffa
16. Lodge
17. TPJ

That rotation would be the envy of every club in the league and has the Potential to be THE greatest ever if they stick together!

You know I was one who wanted Wayne gone and stand by the fact he wasn’t the one to move this side forward but in absolute credit to him and his regime, he left the club in great future success shape, very different to his last few clubs. Credit to him for that.

To be honest, i think the change in coach was at the right time, had the stink kept going on for another season, i highly doubt we would have retained a few of our signings recently.

Very notable contrast in attitude when asked the question if he would relocate to get the season back on again.. "I'd move to Africa if it meamt getting the season back on"

Very stark to the former captain of the club. . Whether you agree with one or the other, the massive difference is striking.

Clear these two don't see eye to eye

8. Flegler
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

15. Joffa
16. Lodge
17. TPJ

Haas and fifita would have been lucky to have more then 20 mins a game, one of flegler and carrigan would have been missing each week. Keeping Roberts, nikorima and sua would have cost us at least a couple of our current better forwards. Gone JUST in time...

Very notable contrast in attitude when asked the question if he would relocate to get the season back on again.. "I'd move to Africa if it meamt getting the season back on"

Very stark to the former captain of the club. . Whether you agree with one or the other, the massive difference is striking.

I'm pretty much done with Boyd's shit and could honestly care less about his "fairytale", if I actually cared to care. The spineless **** can **** off into retirement if the border scares him that much. People call Ben Te'o a "Mercenary", what does that make Boyd?

you can just imagine what the media would do to him if he said he wanted to stay in QLD to be with his new born ...

he would get crucified

I'm pretty much done with Boyd's shit and could honestly care less about his "fairytale", if I actually cared to care. The spineless **** can **** off into retirement if the border scares him that much. People call Ben Te'o a "Mercenary", what does that make Boyd?

He doesn’t want to spend potentially months away from his family for money he doesn’t need.

So what?

To be honest, i think the change in coach was at the right time, had the stink kept going on for another season, i highly doubt we would have retained a few of our signings recently.
Lol

This Boyd bashing is getting absolutley pathetic. A throw away line from Lodge and a snippet of a Boyd quote that used accurately and all of a sudden Boyd's the devil again. Lodge is happy to move back to the state he and his partner, and all their families come from, but a Queenslander doesnt want to spend 4 months away from his family in NSW and he cops it. Darius has already said if its going to be 4 months he will retire so i dont see the issue and why people are coming out with this " just retire already " bullshit. That part is being conveniently ignored just to stick the boot in again.

Only problem i have with it is we dont know how long it will be could be 4 months in nsw could be 1 month who knows?if he isnt prepared to travel with the side from the 28th of may what is the point in hanging round?

Only problem i have with it is we dont know how long it will be could be 4 months in nsw could be 1 month who knows?if he isnt prepared to travel with the side from the 28th of may what is the point in hanging round?

Thats up to him really based on what the NRL say. I dont get the drama with him tbh. People are saying he should retire if he doesnt want to go down there, after he came out in the press and said he would retire if he has to stay there for 4 months or so. He cant win with some people no matter what he does.

By then we will have a much clearer idea on what's going to happen - I would imagine if it's a few weeks away he wont have an issue. All he's said is he wont stay away for 4 months and people want to lynch him. Ridiculous.

honestly id rather someone playing that has every intention of playing every game if worse case scenario happens and they are there for the whole duration of the comp combination wise.hell he doesnt even have to retire sit at home collect your money cant really spend it this year anyway.
for me it is less about boyd more what would be better for the side.

Last edited:

Active Now

• The Don
  • ell.d33
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • RodF
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Midean
  • Strop
  • Lurker
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.