NEWS Lodge injury

I’m the same. I was never steadfast against signing him, so long as he did what he’s done. It’s unfortunate that everything that happened did, but he seems a world away from the guy he was ~4 years ago.

Getting him out of Sydney (upon his release) similarly to Carney going up at Atherton, and him settling down with his partner, child and brother-in-law around has worked wonders. Amazing that he’s still only 25 come May

Hes showing good hunger in the right way and absolute credit to him for that. Not a lot of people will handle such media scrutiny and hammering yet still stay driven and goal focused.

One things for sure now, with Lodges injury, we cant afford TPJ to do dumb things on the field this year and get suspended now.

Development contract players are allowed to play how do you propose xavier coates got a game last year

Before June 30, development players need to be granted permission to play by the NRL. Xavier Coates made his debut after June 30 so that's why he was good to go.

Before June 30, development players need to be granted permission to play by the NRL. Xavier Coates made his debut after June 30 so that's why he was good to go.
yeah i just realised that

Freddy Fittler on the Sunday Footy Show reckons he spoke to Matt Lodge in Townsville and apparently Matt is pushing to return in Round 6.

Does this type of injury completely heal or is he more susceptible to an ACL injury in the future? I’m sure Lodge said he had to deal with it a few years ago, and seems like he’s had a lucky break here.

Freddy Fittler on the Sunday Footy Show reckons he spoke to Matt Lodge in Townsville and apparently Matt is pushing to return in Round 6.
That’s a two month recovery.
I don’t know enough about the injury to really understand what should be considered a standard recovery period but is this even possible? Be great if it is!

Does this type of injury completely heal or is he more susceptible to an ACL injury in the future? I’m sure Lodge said he had to deal with it a few years ago, and seems like he’s had a lucky break here.

He'll probably return with heavy strapping around the knee just to ease him back in.

I think the type of injury he has is one he could actually play with. I’m positive I’ve heard of players playing with ACL partial tears before but I’m positive they are more susceptible to further ACL injury.

I’m no doctor so could be hella wrong.

no its true, you can play with a partial ACL tear... every case is different but it sounds like Rampage has dodged a bullet.

Even with a rupture you can still operate - just cant play contact sport

Matthew Lodge on channel 9 tonight said his confident he will be fit to return on may 28 if the competition resumes, he also supports the resumption of the competition despite becoming a recent father to a second child.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Mustafur
  • broncs30
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Browny
  • Astro
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Fitzy
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • Organix
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • ezpz
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.