NEWS Lodge injury

Shit silver lining to some bad news. Hopefully he can be out on the field around origin time.

Shit silver lining to some bad news. Hopefully he can be out on the field around origin time.

Yep ... I raised the point about our shortage of props a few months ago ... and was told I was wrong.

However, if one prop goes down (Lodge), and through Origin, we are left very, very thin.

We have too many 3/4s and not enough props. TPJ is not a prop in my opinion because he does his best work on the edge. During Origin, our props would like like this, potentially (with Lodge out):

Flegler, Carrigan, Kennedy, Bullemore. That is very, very thin. And let's remember, props typically have more time off the field because of the sheer workload on their bodies.

We need another prop yesterday.

Here is one for you ... that sporting news website is predicting that Patty Carrigan will replace Lodge as starting prop

@Wolfie you're his biggest fan .... worth a shot?

they are also predicting Boyd on the wing which seems unlikely

I've actually always said I like him at prop, I think it's his best position personally.

Yep ... I raised the point about our shortage of props a few months ago ... and was told I was wrong.

However, if one prop goes down (Lodge), and through Origin, we are left very, very thin.

We have too many 3/4s and not enough props. TPJ is not a prop in my opinion because he does his best work on the edge. During Origin, our props would like like this, potentially (with Lodge out):

Flegler, Carrigan, Kennedy, Bullemore. That is very, very thin. And let's remember, props typically have more time off the field because of the sheer workload on their bodies.

We need another prop yesterday.
Who is this Bullemore guy?? Big wraps on him?? Who does he remind you of?

We have too many 3/4s and not enough props. TPJ is not a prop in my opinion because he does his best work on the edge.

His best game was at prop against the Cowboys last year I'm pretty sure. I think he could be a great prop for us going forward and if he's around during Origin period, he will definitely be able to lead from the front.

His best game was at prop against the Cowboys last year I'm pretty sure. I think he could be a great prop for us going forward and if he's around during Origin period, he will definitely be able to lead from the front.

I think that’s equally due to him aiming up specifically against Lolo/the Cows

I think that’s equally due to him aiming up specifically against Lolo/the Cows

Well, he can have his angry pills every week if he can play like that.

Leave the stupid pills til after the game though, penalty magnet that he is.

Look, Tigers need a hooker, lets make some Sydney heads explode and swap Macca for Packer 🤪
[automerge]1582104097[/automerge]

Last edited:
Reminder: along with Lodge, Croft and Fifita, TPJ was a Jr Kangaroos captain.

Gettyimages 528788880 1024x1024

This is really ofa's opportunity to prove he should be a starting middle forward. He had the opportunity in 2016 and 2017 but did not step up.

Exactly. This is his last chance to lift his game for mine. I realize he only recently signed a new deal but to say he is a fringe first grade forward is putting it lightly.

The concern I would have now is that we are very skinny in the second row.

It's literally just Fifi and Glenn, given TPJ was the cover.

It might sound a bit optimistic but we do have Flegler, Kennedy, Kennar (to some extent could fill in at lock) and Hoppa too. These guys are reasonably mobile, plus Oates could potentially take a short stint here or there. It might not be the heaviest hitting pack in the comp with the back row, but its mobile and faster than other going around. It can work if the halves play the right style. IF we can get Lodge back by say round 18, it would be perfect timing for a finals run. TPJ can play 80 if he keeps his head screwed on. This will be a huge test for Seibs and Glenn to get the best out of the squad.

I wouldn't put bird at lock given his size and fitness, and Isaako i have doubts will work at fullback so far after the 9's performance (sounds like im jumping a gun i know). This means Boyd to wing - Bird to centre and one of the younger boys to FB.

Last edited:
I think it will only mean Haas and Offa / Flegler / Kennedy in the front row.
I don’t see Seibs as committing to wholesale changes because of this...

We also have a spot in our roster because of Perese so a purchase of a prop to be added to the existing rotation is also not entirely out of the bounds of possibility either.
[automerge]1582120700[/automerge]
Exactly. This is his last chance to lift his game for mine. I realize he only recently signed a new deal but to say he is a fringe first grade forward is putting it lightly.

Yeah... Fringe ‘first grader’ / ‘origin player.’ 🙄

Last edited:
Bad news but I think Kennedy will be a good backup, he was solid last year.
What are you smoking kennedy was shithouse last year.... The only options would be Bullemor, Palasia or Riki (which I doubt cause he doesn’t have much versatility).... even Lachlan Timm I rate higher than him and he has never got a first grade game
[automerge]1582120991[/automerge]
The concern I would have now is that we are very skinny in the second row.

It's literally just Fifi and Glenn, given TPJ was the cover.
How are we short at second row.... Pangai, Carrigan, Joffa, Hoppa, Riki and Bullemlr can all play second row
[automerge]1582121067[/automerge]
Minor drug cases can have faster turnarounds if they're pleading guilty. I think there's a decent chance he's out of the top 30 by june 30th.
No mate he has breached his contract they have rightfully And legally sacked him

Last edited:

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Splinter
  • Maroon4life
  • Battler
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Big Del
  • TimWhatley
  • marw
  • Nerd
  • Behold
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.