OFFICIAL Lodge Lodged with Warriors - Kevvie Please Stop Talking

The only way Lodge can be the highest paid player is if we allowed him to go for free to the Warriors(alteast for this year) and then the Warriors wage is on top.

I can't comprehend a scenario that it's true, otherwise he would of left earlier as he was clearly shopped around and in that time was playing excellent for us making zero sense for us to to that.

It's hard to understand this decision at all tbh, even if he was paid what is claimed he was definitely performing, sure he wasn't a Haas but you can very much argue he is a Rep level forward quality wise, if he was toxic behind the scenes and all that I guess but what can we know from our position??

Early days yet but trading Lodge away has already paid dividends for the Broncs. They've won 1 from 2 without Lodge and the Warriors have lost 2 from 2 with Lodge.
2 from 2 for the Warriors with Lodge, 5 from 5 for the Cows with Dearden…next TPJ to destroy the Panthers and then Dogs…Coates to **** the Storm…

The Broncos master plan of polluting all other clubs so that no team can win is coming along nicely.

2 from 2 for the Warriors with Lodge, 5 from 5 for the Cows with Dearden…next TPJ to destroy the Panthers and then Dogs…Coates to **** the Storm…

The Broncos master plan of polluting all other clubs so that no team can win is coming along nicely.
This is what makes me happy regarding NRL these days.....

These flogs think it's everyone else's responsibility that they don't win when they play for us. They believe the hype that this club buys them. They think it's everyone else dragging them down hahaha The storm and Panthers don't have 1 of our "superstars" in their teams this year .. not even 1 "ex broncos" under 15s player. What does that tell us and I hope The young superstars and the cl uub are starting to realise it to.

Lodgey is NOT the highest paid player in the game. They have just counted all his money in 1 year.

It's like signing a guy on $500k for 4 years, paying the whole lot up front and saying look, he's being paid 2mill this year, he's the highest paid player in the game!

It's utter nonsense

Not saying this is correct but believe what you wish.

Sounds like the covid conspiracies

Maybe sour grapes but watching Lodge on the weekend he was already barking orders in the huddles and no one else was getting a word in. Maybe it’s good leadership or maybe he’s an overbearing character.

Looks to be in line with rumours that he had a strong opinion on everything the team does and tries to control everything. Or maybe he was just being a fantastic leader I dunno

Maybe sour grapes but watching Lodge on the weekend he was already barking orders in the huddles and no one else was getting a word in. Maybe it’s good leadership or maybe he’s an overbearing character.

Looks to be in line with rumours that he had a strong opinion on everything the team does and tries to control everything. Or maybe he was just being a fantastic leader I dunno
Was interesting hearing someone mention why woods would be a good buy and why lodge isn't as good as he looks on the field. Supposedly woods follows instructions to the letter regarding what area of the field the half wants the team to get to, whereas this is lodges weakest point. You could see it with the warriors. He's played great but he also appears to be taking a lot of ball and doing a lot of the directing, that's not his job. Walsh is the same for them but in a different way. Look past the media hype and watch him next time people. He gets directed to get out of dummy half and get the **** in the backline4 or 5 times a game. I'm guessing Brown has thrown him under the bus with the team environment/dynamics. Imagine being bosses about by an 18 year old and your daily m winning best player getting turned for them and all the media attention yet you're losing more then ever. Its very interesting watching the body language of the warriors at the moment with the changes Brown has made. This is this same group of players who haven't went home for nearly 2 years that are getting pushed out of the way for the new fancy toys by an Australian coach who still gets to live in Australia

Was interesting hearing someone mention why woods would be a good buy and why lodge isn't as good as he looks on the field. Supposedly woods follows instructions to the letter regarding what area of the field the half wants the team to get to, whereas this is lodges weakest point. You could see it with the warriors. He's played great but he also appears to be taking a lot of ball and doing a lot of the directing, that's not his job. Walsh is the same for them but in a different way. Look past the media hype and watch him next time people. He gets directed to get out of dummy half and get the **** in the backline4 or 5 times a game. I'm guessing Brown has thrown him under the bus with the team environment/dynamics. Imagine being bosses about by an 18 year old and your daily m winning best player getting turned for them and all the media attention yet you're losing more then ever. Its very interesting watching the body language of the warriors at the moment with the changes Brown has made. This is this same group of players who haven't went home for nearly 2 years that are getting pushed out of the way for the new fancy toys by an Australian coach who still gets to live in Australia
It’s a funny sport, imagine being a professional and it being a point of difference that you follow direction and do what your asked to do.

I had a decent look at Lodge's FoxSports Lab stats this morning and compared them to those of Woods. I can see why the club maybe interested. Woods isn't that far behind Lodge and from a Moneyball perspective, Lodge is pretty ordinary. If we could get Woods for around $300K, it's a big win from the club imo.

I had a decent look at Lodge's FoxSports Lab stats this morning and compared them to those of Woods. I can see why the club maybe interested. Woods isn't that far behind Lodge and from a Moneyball perspective, Lodge is pretty ordinary. If we could get Woods for around $300K, it's a big win from the club imo.
But it’s Woods, he from the “let’s hold Tigers at ransom with our buddies” fame

no thanks

5mins to go and Lodge knees a Souths player in the groin. SO DUMB!!

See Lodge isn't a game changer, you're not going to win a game because of Lodge. At the end of the day he's not a difference maker. Only his inflated salary doesn't match his productivity. You can just replace him with an average forward on a fraction of his salary like a Kennedy and you won't even miss a beat.

I won’t miss bullshit like his deliberate knee in the tackle towards the end of the game…

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • sooticus
  • eggstar10
  • broncotville
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.