OFFICIAL Lodge Lodged with Warriors - Kevvie Please Stop Talking

Matt Lodge has made some comments since his departure. I must he say he was quite classy and amicable in his comments compared to Jack Bird.....

"It was pretty respectful – it is obviously a hard role in his position and you’ve got to move players on. I’d like to think that I handled that well. It was good to leave in that aspect and the respect was still there.

"The club has done a lot for me, and even though I didn’t know Kevvy too well, I’m sure he’d say we left on good terms with each other."

Purely from the comments made by people who have dealt with donuts I am absolutely convinced he is a bloody class act. Nolan said something similar to the above (people that have been effectively sacked by him!), ikin has taken up a role underneath him despite losing out on his dream job to him, and every move made so far has been one that aren't just obvious quick fixes but rather long over due tough calls that should have been made long ago.

He didn't know Kevvie that well? Weren't they together for like 10 months? More subtext in support of Kevvie not being a great communicator?
I'd say it's more about when Kevvie first got there. There has been talk about Kevvie looking to move Lodge on since he first got there.

Could also be about how little time Kevvie has been able to spend with the players (as a group and 1 on 1), because he's been having to deal with everything else around the club like R&R and arranging his own bloody interviews... I believe 1910 or Joe mentioned that he had to fight to get Steve Walters there as a team manager, so he was probably having to deal with a whole bunch of the logistics early on before a real operator in Steve got there to take that off his back

Matt Lodge has made some comments since his departure. I must he say he was quite classy and amicable in his comments compared to Jack Bird.....

"It was pretty respectful – it is obviously a hard role in his position and you’ve got to move players on. I’d like to think that I handled that well. It was good to leave in that aspect and the respect was still there.

"The club has done a lot for me, and even though I didn’t know Kevvy too well, I’m sure he’d say we left on good terms with each other."

Lodge has shown pretty good character through out the whole ordeal. He’ll go well at the warriors and I think we’ll do well without him.

Good luck to Lodge, always gave his all, never spoke shit, never lied about stuff. He spoke to fans like they were adults, instead of feeding BS like a certain Coates/Deardon.

I wish him well and hope he goes great at the cuzzybros.

Matt Lodge is allegedly the NRL's richest player thanks to the stupendous sweetener the Broncos had to fork out to dis-Lodge him. Something in the order of $1.3 million. The Warriors only paid ~ $150,000 for the final four months, making Lodge’s total salary for 2021 almost $1.5 million.

The Broncos were paying Lodge around $800,000 this season, with 3 remaining years on this contract, including a 2-year option in his favour. If Lodge had stayed in Brisbane he stood to earn almost $3 million over 4 years.

The insane payout will not be swallowed whole in the Broncos 2021 salary cap. Under NRL cap rules, a club can spread out a payout over the term of a player’s contract. This means Brisbane’s 2022 salary cap will also not take a massive hit.

Lodge:

“With Broncos paying a fair bit of the salary, I get to come cheap with not a whole heap of pressure on me and slot in at a reasonable wage and do my job. I just want to slot in and earn the respect of everyone I play with here – that’s a big thing for me. It feels a lot better coming here on half-price ... hopefully I can just play well and that’s not a problem.”

McHunt

Matt Lodge is allegedly the NRL's richest player thanks to the stupendous sweetener the Broncos had to fork out to dis-Lodge him. Something in the order of $1.3 million. The Warriors only paid ~ $150,000 for the final four months, making Lodge’s total salary for 2021 almost $1.5 million.

The Broncos were paying Lodge around $800,000 this season, with 3 remaining years on this contract, including a 2-year option in his favour. If Lodge had stayed in Brisbane he stood to earn almost $3 million over 4 years.

The insane payout will not be swallowed whole in the Broncos 2021 salary cap. Under NRL cap rules, a club can spread out a payout over the term of a player’s contract. This means Brisbane’s 2022 salary cap will also not take a massive hit.

Lodge:

“With Broncos paying a fair bit of the salary, I get to come cheap with not a whole heap of pressure on me and slot in at a reasonable wage and do my job. I just want to slot in and earn the respect of everyone I play with here – that’s a big thing for me. It feels a lot better coming here on half-price ... hopefully I can just play well and that’s not a problem.”

McHunt
Awesome.

In what world was lodge worth 800k a year.

Lodge:

McHunt
I’m so confused by what this is saying.

I think it is saying it must be spread out over the two years, we cant front load it completely, so Lodge must impact our cap at least to some degree for the total of his contact apart from the player option that NZ actually agreed to take off our hands. But the second year will not look as bad is what i am guessing.

It's saying Matt Lodge has earned more from rugby league this season than any other player due to the money he's already been paid, the money from the Warriors PLUS the money the Broncos are pitching in to break his contract (which will be dished out over a number of years).

It's saying Matt Lodge has earned more from rugby league this season than any other player due to the money he's already been paid, the money from the Warriors PLUS the money the Broncos are pitching in to break his contract (which will be dished out over a number of years).
Okay so in other words this story doesn’t add any new information to what everyone already assumed was the case?

I think it is saying it must be spread out over the two years, we cant front load it completely, so Lodge must impact our cap at least to some degree for the total of his contact apart from the player option that NZ actually agreed to take off our hands. But the second year will not look as bad is what i am guessing.
I think we have the option to spread it out over the length of his contract but if we could afford pay it out in one

Active Now

• Dee
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.