OFFICIAL Lodge Lodged with Warriors - Kevvie Please Stop Talking

I also have concerns for how potential
future signings will view a club who forces players out with years remaining on their deals.

My thoughts are if it is just this year it happens due to our standing and toxicity throughout the club, players will actually view it favourably. If it all happens again next year we are in serious trouble.

Ben Ikin:

“I wouldn’t say there is a fair bit of change to come, we are trying to minimise the disruption to the side. We are not dealing with lifeless commodities. We are dealing with human beings who have emotions and families. This process needs to be very respectful."

“There is a really clear picture starting to develop about what we want for next year and beyond. We have to make decisions during this season. Some take effect immediately while others are made in the background and won’t impact the side until next year."

“What players leave and what players come in shapes how much you’ve got to spend and who you go after. It changes your depth by position. When you lose Matt Lodge you get x amount of money and lose a certain player that plays a specific role in the team."

“You have to look at what you’ve currently got and whether or not you can replace what Lodge brought to the team.”

“Kevvie was asked to commit his focus to coaching the team he’s got. To be the best coach he can be and get the most out of the team he’s got, it’s important he focuses on himself, his staff and players. He needs to make that team as strong as it possibly can be for the rest of the year. Statements were made on Monday that we all believed to be true and things changed by Tuesday.

"That’s the nature of this game. With new information you’re within your rights to change your position. We want Kevvie focused on coaching the team he’s got and give them the best experience he can for the rest of the season. We are still about winning footy games.”

McHunt

so it now seems that;

1. We are no longer "interested" in Josh Hodgson allegedly
2, We are interested in (**** me) Aaron Woods allegedly
3. We are now in a fight to "keep" Payne Haas here evn though his contract doesnt end until 2024.

Rugby league heh...

My suspicion is why have front loaded what we can for the remainder of this season. We might only be paying 150-200 for the following 2 years each. I think we could have front loaded around 200-300 this season.

I've been mulling over this all day, and I just can't help but shake the feeling that something was going on behind the scenes for the club to be moving heaven and earth so much to get rid of Lodge, especially when he was one of our best performing players. Considering his personal history, maybe the leopard hasn't changed its spots and we just haven't been seeing it.

I mean look at this hitlist so far:

Lodge - Gone to the Warriors
TPJ - Very likely gone
Milford - Told in no uncertain terms to hit the bricks and seems to be content with it
Glenn - Being squeezed out by Capewell
Oates - Struggling to keep a spot in the first grade side and likely gone at the end of the season
Coates - Already gone to the Storm

If you were to put together a who's who of personalities that regularly rock the boat within this current playing group using nothing but a fans intuition, that list would be pretty comprehensive I reckon.

Ikin is great, reading between the lines they've told Kevvie to just coach the team and let us do the rest

I've been mulling over this all day, and I just can't help but shake the feeling that something was going on behind the scenes for the club to be moving heaven and earth so much to get rid of Lodge, especially when he was one of our best performing players. Considering his personal history, maybe the leopard hasn't changed its spots and we just haven't been seeing it.

I mean look at this hitlist so far:

Lodge - Gone to the Warriors
TPJ - Very likely gone
Milford - Told in no uncertain terms to hit the bricks and seems to be content with it
Glenn - Being squeezed out by Capewell
Oates - Struggling to keep a spot in the first grade side and likely gone at the end of the season
Coates - Already gone to the Storm

If you were to put together a who's who of personalities that regularly rock the boat within this current playing group using nothing but a fans intuition, that list would be pretty comprehensive I reckon.
I have been thinking the same thing that the targetting of the players being moved on clearly has some salary cap significance but there might also be cultural issues involved as well.

I think it needs to be clarified here that it isn't that Kevvie has lied that is the huge issue here, it is the WAY it has all gone down. He's looked totally out of touch, clueless and like a deer in the headlights. This does not generally happen to GOOD coaches and certainly not over and over again.
Like I said yesterday if he didn't link the teams new start and the rest of the year with them staying then he wouldn't have looked stupid. Its a tough one because the club was probably set on it as the offers were not worth it. I fully support Kev despite him looking the fool because he I believe honestly doesn't care how he looks and just wants these boys playing like Broncos. He is not perfect but he is selfless. I really hope he can get some wins in the back end, he deserves to be a bit happy living out his dream.

I also have concerns for how potential
future signings will view a club who forces players out with years remaining on their deals.
The Roosters do it all the time and players still go there to win games and hopefully jag a premiership.

I think professional players will see it for what it is, the dross being scooped off. People will come if they see a professional culture. Something we have not looked like in a long time.

so it now seems that;

1. We are no longer "interested" in Josh Hodgson allegedly
2, We are interested in (**** me) Aaron Woods allegedly
3. We are now in a fight to "keep" Payne Haas here evn though his contract doesnt end until 2024.

Rugby league heh...
1. I don't think we were ever chasing Hodgson. That's been dismissed many times.

2. It's even vaguer than that. Just a single journalist filing a last minute story that the Broncos were "considering making a play." Doesn't come much weaker than that.

3. We've always been in a fight to keep Payne. "when you're in love with a beautiful woman..."

DD was the one who said it , ikin just reiterated it.
How good is it to see the CEO and Head of Football taking charge. The other flogs did absolutely nothing, were they sleeping under the desk?
Tenor

Matt Lodge has made some comments since his departure. I must he say he was quite classy and amicable in his comments compared to Jack Bird.....

"It was pretty respectful – it is obviously a hard role in his position and you’ve got to move players on. I’d like to think that I handled that well. It was good to leave in that aspect and the respect was still there.

"The club has done a lot for me, and even though I didn’t know Kevvy too well, I’m sure he’d say we left on good terms with each other."

He didn't know Kevvie that well? Weren't they together for like 10 months? More subtext in support of Kevvie not being a great communicator?

It doesn't sound like he was ever really committed to wanting to stay since last year's nightmare season. I wonder how many other players feel the same way?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Dazza 92
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncsNBundy
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • HarryAllan7
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.