lol, this guy is orsm.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
http://www.athbaseball.com/20100519335/2010-archives/may/yankees-vs-red-sox-too-much-time.html

On May 8th during the Yankees 14-3 win vs. the Red Sox at Fenway Park, FOX put up a stat during the game that said, dating to 2004, the average time of game in major league baseball was 2 hours 48 minutes, while the average time of a Sox-Yankees game was 3 hours 22 minutes.

Tuesday night was the eighth time the teams had played this season and the average time per game for the Yankees vs. Red Sox through the first seven has been more than 3 hours and 31 minutes. Monday night's game took 3 hours and 47 minutes! Last night was a 4 hour and 7 minute marathon (and that doesn't count the 59 minute rain delay!) I've been a Red Sox season ticket holder for nearly a quarter century, and while the games were always hard fought spirited contests, I don't recall such extraordinary lengths of times to play the games being a part of the process.

After the first six marathon games of the year, I bet my three buddies that I could see the first pitch of a game in Boston on TV, get in my car and make the 200 mile trip to Yankee Stadium (including getting in my seat) before the last out of the game. The bet was $250 plus all expenses (ticket, gas, hotel) reimbursed. If I lost I would have to give the other three guys $250 to split.

hahaha what a champion.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dash
  • marw
  • RodF
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • jd87
  • Waynesaurus
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.