Macca gone for the year

Seriously, there are actually people who'd prefer to see the grubby likes of Fatfita, Peptide Gallen and Maloney as the first to go back to back in decades? FMD :notsureifserious:
Smith, Slater and Bellamy have those guys covered in the grubbiness stakes. I'd prefer neither one of them win it but that seems unlikely.

Do we have any reserve 9s who could be a surprise selection? I don't watch reserves so wouldn't know a thing about who we have.

Smith, Slater and Bellamy have those guys covered in the grubbiness stakes. I'd prefer neither one of them win it but that seems unlikely.
You can't be serious. And even if that was true (which it isn't), at least they're Qld'ers.

As to the coach... Bellamy is no flower, but seriously the fact that Flanagan is still allowed to coach after the whole peptide saga, shows how fucked up the NRL is.

There's a hooker for Redcliffe called Hugh Pratt...

Don't know if he's any good but I'd love slater or Gallen to throw a last minute intercept pass for him to intercept in the grand final for us to win it on the buzzer...

"Slater, slater, slater... HUGH PRATT!!!!"

I wouldn't be so quick to roll out the 'season over' line - I think this is going to create an interesting dynamic if we see Hunt move to hooker to replace Macca.

Hunt offers a completely different type of game out of dummy-half... I'm actually quite keen to see what kind of impact it has on our attack.

I wouldn't be so quick to roll out the 'season over' line - I think this is going to create an interesting dynamic if we see Hunt move to hooker to replace Macca.

Hunt offers a completely different type of game out of dummy-half... I'm actually quite keen to see what kind of impact it has on our attack.
I think Hunt is better at hooker too. Funny that the Dragons have paid millions for a hooker!!:biggrin::lostit::biggrin::lostit:

Just need the hierarchy to make this happen.

Yeah, I feel like our attack could potentially improve. You just won't see Hunt making 50 tackles a game, we'd need a rotation.

Yeah, I feel like our attack could potentially improve. You just won't see Hunt making 50 tackles a game, we'd need a rotation.
That's where Kodi comes in. Benji definitely has to be slotted into the halves on a full-time basis.

Hunt to #9, Benji to #7, Kodi to #14. Our attack will improve, but I'm concerned for our defence. We'll see where we're at this weekend. The effort against Parra was dog shit.

Think i remember a shaun berrigan playing out of his skin at hooker.. was that the year we won it 2006 ????

Did he not replace somone as hooker

Think he might of got the clive Churchill medal too

He didn't really play 'hooker' he played left centre in defence and dummy half in attack. Stagg was listed in the centres and played on the wing in attack and second row in defence.

Hodges played left wing in defence and shuffled across to left centre in attack when Berrigan went in field. That's when Hunt came back who was listed on the wing but played fullback.

So our left side in defence was Stagg, Perry, Berro and Hodges.

I know it won't happen and it's too late in the season to make changes like this but I would be tempted to bring in arrow at lock and move McGuire to the front row to start with Blair to really strengthen up our defence in the middle. Not necessarily this exact combination but just fill our middle third with out and out work horses and just hope we can cover maccas defensive workout.

The other challenge is our bench rotations will now have to change as we will be one interchange short (possibly two) not having an 80 minute hooker.

We should start kodi and keep benji on the bench
Exactly, with Hunt at Hooker. Kodi killed it at half for those handful of games. Kodi and Milf n the halves, Benji stays on the bench and Hunt at Hooker. Hunt will act like a Wallace type for the Panthers, an extra half playing.

Such a bugger about Macca, poor bloke. Tireless player who is always unnoticed. Hope for a speedy recovery mate.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • Tim K
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.