Manny Pacquiao vs. Jeff Horn

A lot of Horn's punches didn't even cleanly connect.

Manny was rorted.

A lot of Horn's punches didn't even cleanly connect.

Manny was rorted.

Were you sitting in the seat the judges were ?
Or did you watch it on TV ? The judges sit ringside . If the fighters or ref blocks their view they can`t score . They are as close to the ring as possible . The camera angles aren`t the same as sitting in the judges chair .

TV distorts the scoring vs sitting ringside . So many fights the scores are controversial . Because we see a different fight to what a judge on one side of the ring sees .

Scoring not only who hits the other guy more either .

• Effective Aggression – Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it’s not exactly “effective.” Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands his punches and avoids those from his opponent.
  • Ring Generalship – The fighter who controls the action and enforces his will and style.
  • Defense – How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.
  • Hard and Clean Punches – To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.
Horn would have scored better in the 1st 2 criteria for all but 1 rnd .

Last edited:
I think the people that are blowing up must of had money on Pacman. Great fight, very even. I'd give it to Horn. Pac did **** all the first 8 rounds.

Or did you watch it on TV ? The judges sit ringside . If the fighters or ref blocks their view they can`t score . They are as close to the ring as possible . The camera angles aren`t the same as sitting in the judges chair .

TV distorts the scoring vs sitting ringside . So many fights the scores are controversial . Because we see a different fight to what a judge on one side of the ring sees .

• Effective Aggression – Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it’s not exactly “effective.” Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands his punches and avoids those from his opponent.
  • Ring Generalship – The fighter who controls the action and enforces his will and style.
  • Defense – How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.
  • Hard and Clean Punches – To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.

So do you have an opinion on the fight Del?

I disagree with Horn having effective aggression in all bar 1 round. I've just rewatched the fight and with the British commentators this time which gives a completely different tone. Pac counted well in a lot of the rounds and Horn missed so many times.
The British commentators couldn't split them but if pushed thought Horn may have edged Pac out.
Only the yanks think he was robbed which is ridiculous but it's the yanks.

Also @Huge are you going to give your thoughts.?

Anyone who wants to watch the fight again it's on youtube and you can cast it to the tellie (British commentators)

What's TV got to do with this?

It provides the same picture as what the judges would have.

The fact is a lot of Horn's hits weren't clean. A lot of his punches were nothing punches.

Manny won that fight. Just like Mundine beat Green.

What's TV got to do with this?

It provides the same picture as what the judges would have.

The fact is a lot of Horn's hits weren't clean. A lot of his punches were nothing punches.

Manny won that fight.

I think he meant the judges don't get as good a view as the TV provides only the view from their chair so the tellie can give a completely different POV because we get all the angles not just the one.

I think he meant the judges don't get as good a view as the TV provides only the view from their chair so the tellie can give a completely different POV because we get all the angles not just the one.

I was under the impression judges have a small TV with them.

I've seen some have small TV's so they can get a better view.

I was under the impression judges have a small TV with them.

I've seen some have small TV's so they can get a better view.

I don't know about that. I doubt it though, why sit ringside and watch it on a small tellie.
Have a look at the youtube full fight replay with the British commentators SF it's a different fight although I still think Pac won it but rorted? no way

Who was the flog from the US that interviewed him straight after the fight and told him "I don't think you won that fight?" Fair enough you have that opinion but fmd....

Correct . They sit ring side . On three sides of the ring . Each has a different point of view . They judge what they see in the ring . Not from a TV . Obviously it looks a whole lot different from where they sit than from 25 different TV cameras . And a Manny biased commentator . Teddy Atlas must of had money on Manny the way he carried on . He was saying Manny was going to take out Horn early . Tim Bradley who was a 2 time champ was keeping it real and said Horn was dominating early .

Correct . They sit ring side . On three sides of the ring . Each has a different point of view . They judge what they see in the ring . Not from a TV . Obviously it looks a whole lot different from where they sit than from 25 different TV cameras . And a Manny biased commentator . Teddy Atlas must of had money on Manny the way he carried on . He was saying Manny was going to take out Horn early . Tim Bradley who was a 2 time champ was keeping it real and said Horn was dominating early .

All well and good Del, but do you have an opinion? I still think Pac Man got up. So far you have not said one way or the other

It was a close fight but I thought Horn won. No way it was a robbery as some in the US are claiming. That's ridiculous.

Horn completely controlled the fight for the first 6 rounds. Manny then came on strong but after Pac's dominant 9th round, Jeff won the last three rounds for me. He deserves the win. The reaction from Filipinos and some US media has been hysterical.

So do you have an opinion on the fight Del?

I disagree with Horn having effective aggression in all bar 1 round. I've just rewatched the fight and with the British commentators this time which gives a completely different tone. Pac counted well in a lot of the rounds and Horn missed so many times.
The British commentators couldn't split them but if pushed thought Horn may have edged Pac out.
Only the yanks think he was robbed which is ridiculous but it's the yanks.

Also @Huge are you going to give your thoughts.?

Anyone who wants to watch the fight again it's on youtube and you can cast it to the tellie (British commentators)
Sorry, working 12 hour days atm.....tired and will watch the fight tomorrow...dog tired tonight, swing night...night shift starts tomorrow...big sleep tonight

Heard on the radio this morning that Pacquiao is planning on evoking the rematch clause ... but his camp is demanding 3 new judges and a new referee

All well and good Del, but do you have an opinion? I still think Pac Man got up. So far you have not said one way or the other

G`day Dex

Well my eyes were seeing Horn get an advantage . My ears were hearing Teddy Atlas numm numm numm Pac`s nuts and saying he`s setting a trap . Horn avoided those traps . And dominated the majority of rounds .
My heart said Horn , my head was confused by Teddy`s biased commentating .
Pac 11 time world champ . Must of been hard for Teddy to realise it wasn`t going that way this time . Fool congratulated Horn and then said I don`t think you won the fight . Lost money on a bet ?

But ... like I said to SF . I didn`t have the same view as the judges . So I didn`t see what they saw . I thought it was close .Horn early Pac came back late but gassed . Could have gone either way .

Last edited:
Is Anthony Mundine feeling unwell or something? Has been nearly 2 whole days and I haven't heard anything about him calling for a match with Horn.

He knows he cant beat him

Active Now

• Galah
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.