Manny Pacquiao vs. Jeff Horn

Heard on the radio this morning that Pacquiao is planning on evoking the rematch clause ... but his camp is demanding 3 new judges and a new referee

You don't really ever get the same judges and refs back for a rematch do you

You don't really ever get the same judges and refs back for a rematch do you

wouldn't know ... not the biggest fan of the sport.

This crap from the Pacquiao camp could all be aimed at influencing the new refs/judges.

in an article today i read a comment from his camp about his last loss being a "bullshit" decision as well. they seem to think that when he loses it is the judges who are wrong.

wouldn't know ... not the biggest fan of the sport.

This crap from the Pacquiao camp could all be aimed at influencing the new refs/judges.

in an article today i read a comment from his camp about his last loss being a "bullshit" decision as well. they seem to think that when he loses it is the judges who are wrong.

To be fair, they all thought he beat mayweather too.

Certain amount of Macho in the Phils, it was a Spannish colony for a cpl of hundred years .
They wanted a show case for Many to hype a rematch with Floyd . They see the money Floyd and Conor are gonna make and wanted to piggy back an impressive win over Horn to leverage a deal with Floyd . All that went bye bye . And now he`s facing a rematch that if he loses = retirement . Sour grapes is all .

He knows he cant beat him

He didn't endorse horn before the fight or comment ( white boy so wont back him)
He didnt endorse Manny ( overtly catholic / Christian) so no comment.
Could be wrong but that's my read on Mundine

DDtQrvkVYAAEHjj.jpg

Judge #1 ; 8/12 rounds to Horn . Judge #2 ; 7 / 12 Horn . Judge #3 ; 7 / 12 .

Horn started fast and aggressive . Pac tried to rally . Had a good 9th round . Gassed himself trying to KO Horn . Horn comes back last 2 rounds . Fair score IMO .

Last edited:
I tried to ask Mundine about the fight on Friday night. Who he thinks will win etc.

He wouldn't say much about it.

I tried to ask Mundine about the fight on Friday night. Who he thinks will win etc.

He wouldn't say much about it.
I was going to post about this earlier but Triple M crossed to Tallis after the indigenous team ceremony and he was with Mundine. Dobbo asked about the indigenous thing but Tallis didn't say anything about it. Not that it was an honor or thanks to the club or anything. He went straight to Mundine and talked about the fight. But anyway, he asked Mundine what Horn needed to do and he said, turn into an octopus because he's going to need eight arms ...

I was going to post about this earlier but Triple M crossed to Tallis after the indigenous team ceremony and he was with Mundine. Dobbo asked about the indigenous thing but Tallis didn't say anything about it. Not that it was an honor or thanks to the club or anything. He went straight to Mundine and talked about the fight. But anyway, he asked Mundine what Horn needed to do and he said, turn into an octopus because he's going to need eight arms ...

Speaking of Tallis, he didn't even have the decency to come into the Diamond Lounge with the rest of the Indigenous players.

At least Yow Yeh, Thaiday and Prince had an excuse.. Although Prince at least made an appearance and spoke to some of the people there.

Sorry, working 12 hour days atm.....tired and will watch the fight tomorrow...dog tired tonight, swing night...night shift starts tomorrow...big sleep tonight

Glad I'm not hanging by the nuts waiting for your assessment @Huge

Glad I'm not hanging by the nuts waiting for your assessment @Huge
Yes,sorry. Managed to see the first four rounds but YouTube keep taking it down. I gave it 3-1 for Horn and going by the assessments around it seems to indicate a fight that could have been given either way. When I get home to IPSWICH on Tuesday I'll watch the rest on the big screen, the crap I've seen so far on my galaxy tab makes it hard to get a really good idea, there were chunks missing, low resolution etc. I shouldn't make promises I can't keep !

That's very disappointing. It's one thing not agreeing with the decision, entirely different thing throwing around accusations of cheating.

As much as I think Manny should have got the decision he is entirely at fault. It was clear he provided only lip service to respecting Horn.
He put himself in a position where the fight was so close only a few rnds separated them and the judges obviously favoured the more aggressive boxer.

Judging only by what I did see, Horn is not world class and will be found out if he faces a younger top contender. He looked to be too easy to hit, his defence just didn't appear to be elite level. A 38 year old whose been bashed a million times got through him plenty of times. Horn has genuine power though which has helped to get him where he is. If Horn was the real deal he would have knocked Pacquio out.

Judging only by what I did see, Horn is not world class and will be found out if he faces a younger top contender. He looked to be too easy to hit, his defence just didn't appear to be elite level. A 38 year old whose been bashed a million times got through him plenty of times. Horn has genuine power though which has helped to get him where he is. If Horn was the real deal he would have knocked Pacquio out.

Pacquiao defeated Tim Bradley and Jessie Vargas last year who are both very good welterweights, particularly Bradley. Horn is definitely world class. And he's only had 18 pro fights which is not that many in boxing terms. He'll come on enormously from this fight.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.