Match Threads/Spoilers

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yes another crazy idea from ningnangnong as he is trying to kill time.

Just a suggestion ay. Obviously each week there is a spoiler thread. Perhaps we could have one person running dedicated updates of the match in the spoiler thread much like Tee does with Monday Night Football.

It gives a running commentary on the game for those of us who can't catch it for whatever reason and leaves the thread less cluttered with three people all posting the same thing at once.

Anyway, you chaps probably have something in the pipeline!

Keep it real. :mrgreen:

Yeah it's a tricky one. It's like people want to have a comment on the game too, but you don't want 10 people saying "Locky Try, Broncos 82-0, 50 minutes gone".

Possibly have one person who's responsible for posting score updates. Other people can comment.

eg:

Coxy: Woohoo! Go Locky!
Aeetee: Locky scores under the posts. Broncos 82-0.
ningnangnong: Awesome play by De Vere there, beat 10 defenders and ran 90 metres in 4 seconds!

Coxy said:
Coxy: Woohoo! Go Locky!
Aeetee: Locky scores under the posts. Broncos 82-0.
ningnangnong: Awesome play by De Vere there, beat 10 defenders and ran 90 metres in 4 seconds!

[icon_lol1.

Speak for yourself Coxy! If 10 people said we were up 82-0 I certainly wouldn't complain ;-)

The Rock said:
We had that last year NNN.

Last year we had:

1. Pre Game discussion thread.
2. Spoiler thread.
3. Post-game discussion thread.

I think we'll be doing it like that again. Sure, there is 3 different threads for 1 game but IMO it's a good balance. For example:People don't want to flick through 6 pages of spoilers just so they can give their thoughts on the game. Hence why we'll lock the spoiler thread once the game is finished.

Last year we trialed having the spoiler thread joined with the post game discussion - but people had to skip all the shit and find out where the start of the actual post-game discussion was. Very annoying.

Sounds like a plan Jan.

Yeah but in addition to that, ning is saying have one person primarily responsible for posting the score updates/scorers/time remaining etc. Rather than 5 people trying to compete to be the first one to post it.

Live chat would be better IMO. I know a few people I've spoken to don't like the idea though.

Or a separate forum that gets locked after the match?

I felt that having the Match Spoiler Thread and Post Match Discussion Thread separate resulted in less discussion post game.

Like I'd want to respond to stuff that people had said in the Spoiler Thread but couldn't, because it had already been locked.

Perhaps the Spoiler Thread title can be edited after the game to say something like "Post Match Discussion Page 6", so that people could find it easily and still be able to post in relation to what people have said during the game.

If this makes any sense..

The Rock said:

Last year we had:

2. Spoiler thread.

I think we'll be doing it like that again. Sure, there is 3 different threads for 1 game but IMO it's a good balance. For example:People don't want to flick through 6 pages of spoilers just so they can give their thoughts on the game. Hence why we'll lock the spoiler thread once the game is finished.

Last year we trialed having the spoiler thread joined with the post game discussion - but people had to skip all the shit and find out where the start of the actual post-game discussion was. Very annoying.

That is the go.
3 sections - it makes it so much easy.
Some people like me, will only read the pre game and post game threads and it makes it so much easier not having to go through all the posts. [eusa_clap.gi

The Rock said:

Last year we had:

2. Spoiler thread.

I agree mate. I really loved the format of the game disucssion which is why i think this forum is the best by far, I hate other forums every 2nd thread you go to someone mentions the score which is fking annoying. Although here 99% of time spoilers wouldn't be mentioned in other threads which is why I happily come here after a game.

Yeap last year woked great. I'd be happy with that format again.

Who would want to be online rather than a.) at the game b.) infront of telly, beer in hand???!!???

Heard of having a laptop near you?

I do recall one problem with the spoiler threads last season.

They were usually made before a game and kept locked which is fair enough, but then come game time no bugger unlocked them!

Didn't happen all the time but.

Pretty sure i didn't know such a chatroom existed when i created this thread.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Gympie devil
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • The Don
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.