Match Threads

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Hi All

The Admins have agreed to the request for 2 match threads when there are Broncos games on delayed telecast (ie Sunday afternoon games). Following are the rules of these arrangements.

One thread can be opened as a LIVE thread. It must be titled "Broncos vs Other team Discussion LIVE SPOILERS.

Another thread can be opened for the delayed telecast. It must be titled "Broncos vs Other team Telecast Discussion.

Anyone can post in either thread HOWEVER anyone who spoils things for others by either not titling as above or by posting live updates in the delayed telecast thread will receive and immediate one week ban - no discussion will be entered into on this.

Any questions or clarification, please ask away.

Fantastic Flutterby, thanks for getting it sorted out.
Now I will (amongst others) come online during Sunday matches :)

People who want to listen to radio can do that but the rest of us can watch the tv game and discuss it while we're watching on tv.

What will happen for Friday night games because for people in Sydney they probably get the Broncos game second, do they still make a second thread or what?

Live for Brisbane. Telecast for Sydney?

Fozz said:
Live for Brisbane. Telecast for Sydney?
How many Sydney people do we have here that would actually do a match discussion thread?
Most of the seem to come in for the live thread because they don't want to wait 2 hours but Sunday is only 1 hour delay.

I guess it's up to them to make a telecast discussion thread if they want to, just saying it would be a bit empty [icon_razz1

Same rules apply if NSW people getting a delayed Friday night telecast want a thread for discussion as they watch. Qld people who open discussion thread for live telecast must still title that it is the LIVE SPOILERS discussion - just in case.

Brilliant stuff!

I reckon if you've seen the match or know the score, you should refrain from posting in the delayed thread. Sometimes even if they don't mean to, people can give away what type of match it is, etc. I know I wouldn't want to know that if I was watching delayed.

Also FB, what if immediately after a live game someone starts a thread like that 'Matt Gillett Vs. Dave Taylor' one. That would sort of give away how Gillett played and all that, I figure you guys take that kind of stuff into consideration? icon_smile

Anyway I'm waffling on now, great move from the BHQ Admin Alliance. icon_thumbs_u

Well people need to use common sense. Would prefer that people didn't start a 'Matt Gillett Vs. Dave Taylor' thread that gives away anything about the match - however at the same time if you are watching a delayed telecast and see a thread topic like that then common sense says you might not want to go into that thread.

Again, if anyone posts anything in the delayed telecast thread that gives away anything upcoming about the game they will be immediately banned for one week.

ningnangnong said:
Brilliant stuff!

I reckon if you've seen the match or know the score, you should refrain from posting in the delayed thread. Sometimes even if they don't mean to, people can give away what type of match it is, etc. I know I wouldn't want to know that if I was watching delayed.

Also FB, what if immediately after a live game someone starts a thread like that 'Matt Gillett Vs. Dave Taylor' one. That would sort of give away how Gillett played and all that, I figure you guys take that kind of stuff into consideration? icon_smile

Anyway I'm waffling on now, great move from the BHQ Admin Alliance. icon_thumbs_u
That sort of stuff is a giveaway, you are right.

Like when the Locky threads gets bumped while the telecast one is still going you just know what the bump was about :P

I just open the thread and keep refreshing, don't go into any other threads while game is on.

Worked well today, IMO.

Even if there only really three of us in the thread. [icon_lol1.

LOL, the coolest 3 people on the forum though :P

Seriously though, I really like the new format, some good telecast discussion and no one ruined it by posting spoilers.

yeah worked well, glad no-one spoiled the game for us

ningnangnong said:
Brilliant stuff!

My appologies to anyone for the Taylor V Gillett thread if it did cause concern. I did post it several hours after both the Nine telecast and the Fox replay so I thought this would be OK :oops:

simmo77 said:
ningnangnong said:
Brilliant stuff!

My appologies to anyone for the Taylor V Gillett thread if it did cause concern. I did post it several hours after both the Nine telecast and the Fox replay so I thought this would be OK :oops:

Nah mate, didn't bother anyone! You were fine to post it.

Active Now

• trugo bronco
  • RolledOates
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Viti
  • leon.bott
  • Skathen
  • Redux
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Rookie Alan
  • Justwin
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • rnabokov
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.