NEWS Matt Ballin promoted into a senior assistant coach’s role for 2023

Ballin is a teacher by trade- which I know doesn't mean you can communicate effectively- teachers can be bad at their job too but Ballin isn't one of them.

He's very good at explaining the why of things. The young players really get on with him. He was the staff member that went to see Mozer in hospital straight after his op not many assistant coaches would do that for a kid.
Wasn’t Seibs a teacher?

A bit of carry on going on in here, not just here, a lot of the threads actually.

We didn't have THAT BAD of a year, sure the ending wasn't great but for 3/4 of the season we were every bit a top 4 side. With that in mind, where's the sense in cleaning out the coaching staff?

It's a gradual process, it takes time to go from genuine wooden spooners to a top 4 side and before someone comes at me with the Cowboys being an example, their situation was never anywhere near as bad as ours. Not even close, actually.

I think you spelt utter cluster **** wrong tbh. The concern, at least for me, is they couldn't seem to identify what caused the slide and therefore had no idea how to arrest it. I definitely agree that wholesale changes taking place would be a very bad idea...it just puts us back at square one. Identifying the deficiencies and taking steps to correct them is what needs to be done. Hopefully the promotion of Ballin is one step.

none of that is even remotely true

It is man. I know you don’t like any criticism of the Broncos but you can be supportive while also criticising legit points and while Kevvie did some really nice things, his bench usage and team lists were at times awful.

How else would you explain many, many games where some players known for being workhorses get 7 minutes or less a game? What about playing clearly busted players when other options were available? And let’s not get started on a clearly past it James, a never been good enough Turpin and two broken second rowers.

exactly GIF

Instead of never ending eye rolls, you could let us know what is “remotely true” you know……

It is man. I know you don’t like any criticism of the Broncos but you can be supportive while also criticising legit points and while Kevvie did some really nice things, his bench usage and team lists were at times awful.

How else would you explain many, many games where some players known for being workhorses get 7 minutes or less a game? What about playing clearly busted players when other options were available? And let’s not get started on a clearly past it James, a never been good enough Turpin and two broken second rowers.

FTR, I've never once claimed he was perfect and would have done some things different myself, but the the word he used was "DIABOLICAL" ...

I see 20 team list on here every week that differ from Kevvie's, they all can be correct (despite every one claiming theirs is the best possible option)

I've previously explained the Turpin decision on here 100's of times, but people would have preferred a busted out of form Paix or a fan fovourite Gamble (despite him not suiting that role). Paix is in our longer term plans, so it was better to get him right and work out his form issues in the QLD cup.

Gamble had to be at 6 or not in the team ... I realise he did well coming of the bench against a Titans team that spent the season propping up the table, but it would have been a waste against anyone not fighting for the wooden spoon. he was also playing injured anyway

James i'll give you, as i would have liked to have seen Piakura given more of a run ... but i also see Kev's position that given his lack of game time of the last couple of seasons, it was better for his development to get a run of games together in the lower grades.

I actually also think Mam, should have been given a spell before the final round of the season ... but Kev keeping him in the team stopped the internet from exploding due to the whinging that would have occurred.

on the 7 minutes, many coaches do similar things:

in fact in the Storms last 5 games, Bellamy (one of the greatest coaches of all time) effectively ran with a team of 15. (with tow of his interchanges getting a combined total of approximately 30 mins; in one game they got a combined total of just 16 minutes) ... in at least 2 of those games one of their players only got 5 minutes.

GF coach Brad Arthur, did similar to Kevvie, with one player usually getting around the 10 minutes (some times less) mark.

Instead of never ending eye rolls, you could let us know what is “remotely true” you know……

I'm making an exception for this post ... but your posts rarely deserve more effort than the eye roll.

although i'm thinking of switching to the yawn as my eyes are starting to hurt from the constant eyerolls that your posts cause

eels (we got them on a bad night and they repaid the favor 10 folds the next round)
I agree that the Broncos weren't a Top 4 side, but I can't agree with this revised bit of history. The Eels were an inconsistent team that could float in and out of games. Brisbane were the type of team that could blow games wide open and that's what happened in the first encounter. There wasn't some bad fortune against the Eels.

It wasn't like they lost four players mid-game like the Broncos did in the return match.

FTR, I've never once claimed he was perfect and would have done some things different myself, but the the word he used was "DIABOLICAL" ...

I see 20 team list on here every week that differ from Kevvie's, they all can be correct (despite every one claiming theirs is the best possible option)

I've previously explained the Turpin decision on here 100's of times, but people would have preferred a busted out of form Paix or a fan fovourite Gamble (despite him not suiting that role). Paix is in out longer term plans, so it was better to get him right and work out his form issues in the QLD cup.

Gamble had to be at 6 or not in the team ... I realise he did well coming of the bench against a Titans team that spent the season propping up the table, but it would have been a waste against anyone not fighting for the wooden spoon. he was also playing injured anyway

James i'll give you, as i would have liked to have seen Piakura given more of a run ... but i also see Kev's position that given his lack of game time of the last couple of seasons, it was better for his development to get a run of games together in the lower grades.

I actually also think Mam, should have been given a spell before the final round of the season ... but Kev keeping him in the team stopped the internet from exploding due to the whinging that would have occurred.

on the 7 minutes, many coaches do similar things:

in fact in the Storms last 5 games, Bellamy (one of the greatest coaches of all time) effectively ran with a team of 15. (with tow of his interchanges getting a combined total of approximately 30 mins; in one game they got a combined total of just 16 minutes) ... in at least 2 of those games one of their players only got 5 minutes.

GF coach Brad Arthur, did similar to Kevvie, with one player usually getting around the 10 minutes (some times less) mark.

Were they doing this with workhorses though? And did they have some clearly broken / phoning it in starters like we did?

I'm making an exception for this post ... but your posts rarely deserve more effort than the eye roll.

although i'm thinking of switching to the yawn as my eyes are starting to hurt from the constant eyerolls that your posts cause
Yup, I have the exact opinion on your post too. Like minds you reckon?

I thought this is a fan forum ffs & everyone is entitled to their opinions. Let it truly be that.
If you don’t care about my posts, save your eye rolls & yawns and skip past them & I’ll do the same to yours too. Hassle free!

Wasn’t Seibs a teacher?
He holds a Bachelor of Teaching and a Masters of Education, lectured at USQ and participated in a week long leadership course that was held on a Harvard campus, not to be confused with actually studying at Harvard University. I feel like to understand the minds of footy players you need to specialize in Primary Education. Ballin, like Kurt Richards is a secondary teacher which isn't too far off the mark.

With an overly emotional coach like Kevvie constant negative reinforcement will only lead to emotional and mental fatigue and mixed messages.
The current team is like that already.....

Selwyn couldn't play because he was tired
and a couple guys had a sook in the media about getting yelled at in the dressing sheds after they/(the team) played like shit.

....and we're worried about someone who might actually call a spade a spade?
Maybe if the squad had a bit more of that during the season, they wouldn't be such a bunch of brittle, mental midgets.

Yup, I have the exact opinion on your post too. Like minds you reckon?

I thought this is a fan forum ffs & everyone is entitled to their opinions. Let it truly be that.
If you don’t care about my posts, save your eye rolls & yawns and skip past them & I’ll do the same to yours too. Hassle free!
I can't resist......

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

The current team is like that already.....

Selwyn couldn't play because he was tired
and a couple guys had a sook in the media about getting yelled at in the dressing sheds after they/(the team) played like shit.

....and we're worried about someone who might actually call a spade a spade?
Maybe if the squad had a bit more of that during the season, they wouldn't be such a bunch of brittle, mental midgets.

There is a difference between giving a spray when warranted and bullying in an attempt to motivate. I don’t think Parker knows the difference.

Eating a spoonful of cement isn’t what these blokes need imo, they need to learn how to use their brains.

So, you reckon we were a top 4 side with diabolical Tuesday team lists & use of bench huh? I rest my case here if you think so.

Your case, you don’t have one, at all.

You want John to find a voice? you are aware that this guy was the head coach of the Titans and it has to be said that he was the coach of them when they were actually a competitive top 8 side.

You don’t know anything about the people coaching the team, you just tune in and make your assessments based on performance and that’s fine, we all do that. However to act like you know these men and know what their flaws are, it’s high grade bullshit.

Calm down & Stop your absurdness. Bunch of posters here need to turn down on their f****n approach/responding to people here. This is f****n fan forum & treat the f*** like it. There shouldn’t be entitled brats here that can go on a rant against forum members. We all know the game & no one here has invented the game so they can lecture others.

I told this to someone else- if you don’t want to read my posts, hit the f***** Ignore button & move on.
Stop belittling others.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.