NEWS Matt Ballin promoted into a senior assistant coach’s role for 2023

I have a lot of respect for you knowledge Pete but Niu is such a poor fullback. By the time Martin came back the whole team had shit the bed, him included. The poor team lists were part of the iceberg.

His bench usage was worse than his team lists though.

Also Tyrone Roberts as bench hooker
I don't disagree on Niu, but Martin wasn't the silver bullet he was made out to be on here either.

Wasn't Roberts at the start of the season when the squad was affected by COVID? Kevie's teamlists only came under the spotlight during the run home. Judging from that list above, they clearly weren't the biggest issue facing the club.

I don't disagree on Niu, but Martin wasn't the silver bullet he was made out to be on here either.

Wasn't Roberts at the start of the season when the squad was affected by COVID? Kevie's teamlists only came under the spotlight during the run home. Judging from that list above, they clearly weren't the biggest issue facing the club.
This is what keeps polarising the board. No one suggested Martin was the silver bullet. All arguments for Martin were “he’s obviously not a natural fullback but what he offers is better than what Tesi dishes up”.

Now all of a sudden he’s a “silver bullet”. Saying things like that is what triggers others into a Martin vs Tesi argument where people who felt moderately about both are now talking in extremes and arguing about it.

What argument? Big Del vs. The World?

Apologies, I'll rephrase it. Te Maire Martin's omission was held against the coaching team and yet when he received his opportunity the team went on to produce some of their worst performances. Te Maire himself played poorly as well save for one game against Newcastle.

An argument can be made that the selections didn't help matters, but not to the levels that were made out at the time or still made out.

Sorry......I didn't realise I was conversing with a doctor....Dr Big Del is it? I should treat your suspicions as fact? :licklips:

Maybe....
maybe Ive got it wrong and certainly Cobbo taking a break when he did, makes very good sense
and also fits very nicely, into a current media narrative.

The players having a cry cause Kevie yelled at them for playing like shit....
Your thoughts?

Cry sessions?
.....Naked camping .......sitting around the campfire, after covering ourselves in mud?
(wait ...wot?)

RUOK meetings.......?

Are you a psychologist ?
Dr Fourex ? Or should I treat your statements as fact ?

Two way street that one bro .

What argument? Big Del vs. The World?

Apologies, I'll rephrase it. Te Maire Martin's omission was held against the coaching team and yet when he received his opportunity the team went on to produce some of their worst performances. Te Maire himself played poorly as well save for one game against Newcastle.

An argument can be made that the selections didn't help matters, but not to the levels that were made out at the time or still made out.
I think the selections were partly to blame for the team getting to a point in which everyone was awfully down on form. Not excusing Martins own responsibilities there either.

The overall issue this season was coaching, what % exactly was due to team lists or bench usage, man management, morale, tactics, structures- that can all be debated and there is no one single area to blame. Coaching/staff (and not just Kev)failed. Hopefully some lessons were learned and we don’t make the same mistakes moving forward.

Sometimes the failures are what makes greatness, like the Panthers GF loss to Storm or Conelo v Mayweather.

Big Del , Anthony Seibold , Kevin Walters , the Qld junior's selectors vs BHQ key board coaches . LOL .
Geez, you’ve put yourself in some pretty hot company there mate. Rugby leagues greatest talent identifiers.

I think there were also some complaints about Staggs not being dropped.
Given he was playing with an absolutely fucked shoulder for over half the season he was outstanding (to be fairthis info wasn't known until after the season ended when he got sent for his reco), he was our best backline defender all year and his attack was obviously hindered.

When he was fit he and Herbie were on absolute fire, people need to take these factors into consideration going into next season.

He will be fine next year unless he picks up another injury.

If Selwyn was not feeling right .
Should Selwyn have just had a tea spoon of concrete and hardened up ?

Don't agree with this line of thinking, I know it's not even relevant to the discussion about our coaching staff but telling men to harden up is what leads to higher suicide rates in men. They think it's not okay to show vulnerability when in actual fact, we're all vulnerable. I don't care how tough you think you are.

Are you a psychologist ?
Dr Fourex ? Or should I treat your statements as fact ?

Two way street that one bro .

Well tbh Dr....I never made any statements, other than what was reported in the media about players sulking after getting yelled at by KW.

Would you care to prescribe a treatment that these poor "men" should follow.

p.s

I like the sound of Dr Fourex.......
Listen Trust Me GIF by Abitan

Head of Gynecology, Angles City.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Ronald
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.