Matt Lodge Discussion

hmm. Article I just read said she attacked him with her stilleto and he defended himself? In relation to the article you just posted, who the **** names their kid Grace Grace?

My response wasn't about the allegations themselves, rather the comment about everyone being fine with it. if he defended himself, then that would be why police and the NRL cleared him.

TBF, it wasn't as widely reported as he was playing for a Sydney club at the time ... but when they did report it they made sure to point out that he was a former Bronco...

and yeah, don't know what her parents were thinking by naming her Grace Grace, lol

I for one detest NRMA and I let me three seats in the members stand go when the Broncos took them onboard. I had been a member since 1990 too. I still support the team, but the club will not see another cent from me as long as NRMA are associated with them. Yes, they dropped me like a gun when I needed them during the aftermath of the floods. This was despite me being a loyal customer for 15 or so years without a claim. It makes my blood boil to hear these lowlives talk about morality. Bloody parasites, selling fear for a yearly payment.

I can’t wait for the day Matt Lodge is picked for NSW and the toxic stories suddenly vanish like a thief in the night right on cue

No, I certainly don't agree that violence against certain women is unacceptable. There are times when some bitch deserves it and rightfully gets it.

I agree with this, I got suspsneded for pushing a bitch over in grade 2 for stealing my Pokemon ruler, she deserved it and I regret nothing.

Opinion: Crucifixion of Matt Lodge needs to stop

Des Houghton, The Courier-Mail
March 19, 2018

PREMIER Annastacia Palaszczuk has damaged her own credibility by attacking the Brisbane Broncos and lecturing them about the behaviour of rugby league’s latest bad boy Matt Lodge.

For years and years and years Ms Palaszczuk has watched the unlawful and thuggish behaviour of militant unions and said nothing.

Indeed she has given them succour. She has spoken at their rallies and changed the laws to empower them to enter to enter private building sites and continue their intimidation.

While Ms Palaszczuk remained silent, the courts, the parliaments and a royal commission recorded endless cases of union violence, intimidation and extortion.

She has no right now to claim the moral high ground on bullying and thuggery, and nor does her IR Minister Grace Grace.

Over the weekend Ms Palaszczuk said she was disturbed by reports of domestic violence claims from his ex, primary school teacher Charlene Saliba.

“I found (the reports) quite disturbing ... they are serious matters that the Broncos need to address”, she said.
Frankly, the Premier should keep her nose out of Bronco business.

Lodge’s misbehaviour, it has to be remembered, happened long ago when he was a much younger man.

He has been condemned for it. But must he be condemned over and over and over again?

The persistent attacks on Lodge are starting to look like a modern day crucifixion. Lodge was not the first football bad boy and he wont be the last.

I was disappointed to see the Broncos’ sponsor NRMA Insurance weigh into the debate with a mealy-mouthed condemnation of the player.

If Lodge is forced out it will be time for Broncos supporters to consider boycotting the insurer.

Lodge might not know it, but he is in a good place right now.

Coach Wayne Bennett, part philosopher and part social worker, has turned around the fortunes of many troubled you men.

Bennett is already having success in reshaping Lodge’s character by teaching him about fair play while channelling his aggression for a more noble cause.

So let’s get on with the game.

source: Courier Mail

the premier should not be getting involved here, especially after the horse has bolted and we are at the tail end of the whole saga. its a bit of a cheap shot in my opinion for her to come out now and take a swipe.
she should focus on the state and not sporting issues

Typical social justice lefty politician. I am sick to death about this. That same idiot would be also talking about lighter sentencing and rehabilitation back into society. Yet a young man who made mistakes at 19 yrs or so of age has to be treated like this. Like he has no rights at all. Just because someone alleges something happened doesn't make it so. Case and point SKD. I am right behind lodge not because he is here at the Broncs but because I hope he changes his life around and makes himself right in the world. Murder and rape are one thing but this is another. The attacks are going to far and i hope this guy is getting the support he needs. It is a high risk time for this young man. If he self harms or god forbids takes his own life it will be the biggest shame in the Australian medias history.

I can’t wait for the day Matt Lodge is picked for NSW and the toxic stories suddenly vanish like a thief in the night right on cue

We will get redemption stories then like the Carney stuff

and yeah, don't know what her parents were thinking by naming her Grace Grace, lol
Her parents actually named her Ignazia Farfaglia, which is nearly as funny imo.

I for one detest NRMA and I let me three seats in the members stand go when the Broncos took them onboard. I had been a member since 1990 too. I still support the team, but the club will not see another cent from me as long as NRMA are associated with them. Yes, they dropped me like a gun when I needed them during the aftermath of the floods. This was despite me being a loyal customer for 15 or so years without a claim. It makes my blood boil to hear these lowlives talk about morality. Bloody parasites, selling fear for a yearly payment.

Not to take the side of the insurer, but at what point do you take responsibility for not reading the disclosure statement to make sure the cover you selected was right for you?

Her parents actually named her Ignazia Farfaglia, which is nearly as funny imo.
Wait so she chose the name Grace Grace for herself? As an adult? And these are the people running Qld?

Wait so she chose the name Grace Grace for herself? As an adult? And these are the people running Qld?
Well apparently she's always gone by Grace (her middle name is Grazia), and then she happened to marry a Mr Grace.

Not to take the side of the insurer, but at what point do you take responsibility for not reading the disclosure statement to make sure the cover you selected was right for you?
I wasn't with NRMA when my house got flooded and declared unliveable in the 2008 Gap storms, I was with CommInsure (PS don't use this company people), but they tried to wiggle out of my claim because their wording was, well see, it wasn't from falling rain but rising creek waters, so this no longer defines it as flood coverage under their terms. I believe "flash flooding" is also a grey area under a lot of flood coverage plans.

I ended up getting my claim when I said if I don't have money in my account by Friday I will go straight to the media about this, but the point is, insurance companies are assholes all the same. It is all one way traffic, ie give them your money but never pay out due to obtuse wording. I agree in some cases people have not paid attention, like purchasing a property in a well known flood zone and then wondering why they're not covered, but in a lot of cases insurance companies simply don't want to pay out because it effects their bottom line and thus, their shareholders. They are pricks.

I wasn't with NRMA when my house got flooded and declared unliveable in the 2008 Gap storms, I was with CommInsure (PS don't use this company people), but they tried to wiggle out of my claim because their wording was, well see, it wasn't from falling rain but rising creek waters, so this no longer defines it as flood coverage under their terms. I believe "flash flooding" is also a grey area under a lot of flood coverage plans.

I ended up getting my claim when I said if I don't have money in my account by Friday I will go straight to the media about this, but the point is, insurance companies are assholes all the same. It is all one way traffic, ie give them your money but never pay out due to obtuse wording. I agree in some cases people have not paid attention, like purchasing a property in a well known flood zone and then wondering why they're not covered, but in a lot of cases insurance companies simply don't want to pay out because it effects their bottom line and thus, their shareholders. They are pricks.

No doubt about that at all. Riverina Flooding I think was what the big floods were classed as, which meant a lot of people were not covered.

I don't think think not covering people was the biggest issue, it was that they didn't make it clear that there is far more than 1 type of flooding based on insurance terms.

Sorry Nashy my reading skills of a insurance document run to that of a laymen only. Their argument was that it was not the flood that caused the damage to my house but excessive rain water. Which they say was an act of God. They used weasel words that only someone with experience in law would be expected to challenge, so please do me a favour and pull your head in.

Sorry Nashy my reading skills of a insurance document run to that of a laymen only. Their argument was that it was not the flood that caused the damage to my house but excessive rain water. Which they say was an act of God. They used weasel words that only someone with experience in law would be expected to challenge, so please do me a favour and pull your head in.

Doesn't sound like I'm the one that needs to pull his head in mate. Discuss it like an adult, or leave.

The state governments are a joke anyway. They can't really do anything positive from a legislative POV, you just have to pray that they don't **** shit up like the South Australian govt did.

Active Now

• Astro
  • mrslong
  • marw
  • Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • Alec
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Aldo
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.