Matt Lodge given permission to train with Broncos

Massive stuff up though, really pathetic move if that was the plan to have Lodge and Ese2 be the future front row. Let Ese2 go because you want to pay him jack all and put all your trust in a guy who is a massive gamble at best, this can't have been the strategy, surely?

Is Matt Scott yet to sign anywhere? Grab him for a year. Actually nah he will probably take at least a year to fully get over his ACL.

Massive stuff up though, really pathetic move if that was the plan to have Lodge and Ese2 be the future front row. Let Ese2 go because you want to pay him jack all and put all your trust in a guy who is a massive gamble at best, this can't have been the strategy, surely?

we can give him the extra money were gunna pay lodge

Dave Taylor is off contract at Canberra lol

You underestimate how dumb we can be when it comes to retention

Heighington from the Sharks
Vete or Lillyman from the Warriors
Lawrence from Manly

They are pretty much the only ones of any note at all worth mentioning

Yes to Vete. Sam Mataora? Probably hasn't kicked on enough. Could come good. But we need to deal with what players we still have for now.

Edit: still yet to see anything relating to Herman being 100% signed to Newcastle. I know Wayne pulled the offer, but if we don't do something, we'll be in real trouble

I'd take Brenton Lawrence, I rate him. I actually think he is unlucky not to have played for Queensland in the past few years. Though I thought I did read somewhere that he is considering moving to Newcastle next year.

Should we give bennett the flick after his many **** ups when retention / Recruitment

Heighington from the Sharks
Vete or Lillyman from the Warriors
Lawrence from Manly

They are pretty much the only ones of any note at all worth mentioning
Are they really worth mentioning though

Should we give bennett the flick after his many **** ups when retention / Recruitment
Why ... for not fucking up salary cap (like Knights and Tigers) by offering overs for fringe/bench players...

Besides, there is a good chance that Lodge let Bennett and the club believe he would sign with them

All that matters is performance on the field. If we fail to make the finals, then you could make a stupid argument like that, not because we haven't re-signed a few players with 10 or so first grade games.

Why ... for not fucking up salary cap (like Knights and Tigers) by offering overs for fringe/bench players...

Besides, there is a good chance that Lodge let Bennett and the club believe he would sign with them

It's still on the club for taking the word of a dude who threatened to kill people. Maybe don't put all your eggs in that lunatic's basket.

And I disagree that whatever Newcastle are paying Herman is overs. Guy has started plenty of games this season against quality players. Hardly fringe.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Stix
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Payneinthehaas
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dexter
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.