Matt lodge

Untitled

Say it ain't so !!!

Meh I'd be okay with Woods. Pillow and all that shit is overrated. As long as he makes metres, he's reliable, and is cheap, he'd be a good signing. We need some cheap reliable players that don't need much management and have a reliable 6-7/10 game every week. We can then build/buy stars around a solid core group.
Round 15 stats, 15 runs 135 metres, 30 tackles, 1 error, 1 missed tackle, 1 try
Round 14 stats, 17 runs 145 metres, 30 tackles, no errors, 1 missed tackle.

He's a solid dependable player. If it's under 400k and 2 years. I'm all for it.

Meh I'd be okay with Woods. Pillow and all that shit is overrated. As long as he makes metres, he's reliable, and is cheap, he'd be a good signing. We need some cheap reliable players that don't need much management and have a reliable 6-7/10 game every week. We can then build/buy stars around a solid core group.
Round 15 stats, 15 runs 135 metres, 30 tackles, 1 error, 1 missed tackle, 1 try
Round 14 stats, 17 runs 145 metres, 30 tackles, no errors, 1 missed tackle.

He's a solid dependable player. If it's under 400k and 2 years. I'm all for it.

he's apparently on 600k this year at the Sharks ... but IMO, he's another player that will have to take a pay cut to find another NRL club for 2022

Surely there's a better, cheaper prop running around in Q Cup that can do exactly the same job Woods would do for us.
Probably but they wouldnt bring experience on and off the field which bringing in Woods must be what it is all about. He wouldnt drop his head on the back of a few try’s scored against us either.

I’m no fan of Woods from his Tigers and then early Bulldogs/Sharks/NSW years but the last couple of seasons he has been pretty solid.

At the right price we could do a lot worse.

Well, that would throw the whole fixing the balance thing out the windows.

I’m warming to it to be honest. I’d personally prefer Napa for a bargain former good prop but maybe we can get both.

The key to it and everything really revolves around his price. 2-300k, yep I’m all good with that. 350+, nope not into it at all.

I’m warming to it to be honest. I’d personally prefer Napa for a bargain former good prop but maybe we can get both.

The key to it and everything really revolves around his price. 2-300k, yep I’m all good with that. 350+, nope not into it at all.
Supposedly only asking for around 200k. That's a bargain if true. He's been really solid for the sharks the last year and a half, really consistent in his above average performances. I wouldn't mind Ryan James either

You've only got to really have someone with experience, makes his tackles and makes metres to fill a hole for next year, then possibly make a play for Welch or Lindsay Collins for 23? Also Xavier Willison might be close to ready soon as he's been promoted to the 19 man squad this round

Supposedly only asking for around 200k. That's a bargain if true. He's been really solid for the sharks the last year and a half, really consistent in his above average performances. I wouldn't mind Ryan James either

Well if that's the case, I'm definitely on board, would be an excellent signing at that price.

200K for Woods? That's a bargain. Even if he busts at Joel Clinton level then it's not a problem.

Just need him to keep the hair at Johnny Unitas level and not Joe Namath. Johnny Unitas, now that's a haircut you can set a watch to.

$200k for Woods definitely changes my opinion of his potential signing. Also Capewell played 2 years with him at the Sharks so should be able to do a decent reference check.

From all reports Woods is a great fella and is great around the team. For 200-300k, I think it's not a bad deal. About a third of the price of Lodge but probably has an output of around 85%+ of what Lodge does. I'd be up for it.

Woods was back to his old self a little bit today. Not shocking but probably did himself no favours with the performance. However, the fact he was made captain may show how respected he is by the playing group and his off field/training attitude

Will be really interesting to see how the boys respond to playing Lodge in a few weeks. The forward pack seemed happier today and just more free than they have this year and it appeared that Payne was more the leader in a positive way. I am interested to see if there is some evidence of friction on show.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.