Matt lodge

Do you actually know you can front load contracts? I've never seen it mentioned by a journalist or the NRL but we have seen backloading heavily get banned.
Front loading is fine as it is declared in the salary cap and taken from surplus/unused funds

WARNING RUMOUR:
Anyone have any idea what Matt lodge has done? Guy on Broncos weekly podcast said he heard about some i ng that would justify him leaving even if we paid half his wage. Would love to know what it was

WARNING RUMOUR:
Anyone have any idea what Matt lodge has done? Guy on Broncos weekly podcast said he heard about some i ng that would justify him leaving even if we paid half his wage. Would love to know what it was
Offered kevvie a fight in the car park?

Surely these guys are on BHQ. Who would make a podcast and not at least lurk here
Think that every time I listen to it. Waiting to get quoted on there "some wanker Broncos fan called lockys illegitimate child thinks....." haha.
They are pretty passionate so I'm 100% certain they're on here in some capacity. Hats off to you for doing the podcast, definetly appreciated given the BS media in regards to the Broncos. Mostly their stuff I agree with but even when I don't agree it's not bad to listen to bcos it's explained why, not just to push some agenda or to be controversial. Podcasts are so much better then normal media in that way..

Think that every time I listen to it. Waiting to get quoted on there "some wanker Broncos fan called lockys illegitimate child thinks....." haha.
They are pretty passionate so I'm 100% certain they're on here in some capacity. Hats off to you for doing the podcast, definetly appreciated given the BS media in regards to the Broncos. Mostly their stuff I agree with but even when I don't agree it's not bad to listen to bcos it's explained why, not just to push some agenda or to be controversial. Podcasts are so much better then normal media in that way..

It's like the only thing that has any Broncos bias that isn't super sanitized and actually calls them out when they're shit

WARNING RUMOUR:
I've got no evidence of back it up, but I think its just that he'd be the easiest player to move on...and if the Broncos are to fix their spine, some of these forwards will have to go.

I've got no evidence of back it up, but I think its just that he'd be the easiest player to move on...and if the Broncos are to fix their spine, some of these forwards will have to go.
That probably is true but it was insinuated at that there was a particular incident that happened. Didnt seem like it was something big or that sinister he was implying, just not good for culture (warning speculation: eg disrespecting staff/other players/coaches)

Good on him, whatever he gets. Should have been signed here long term on a good deal for both club and player.

Fox Sports understands Lodge has a player option in his favour for the following season in 2023. The Broncos are believed to be covering almost half of Lodge’s $850,000-a-season contract. Lodge’s existing deal includes two years of player options until the end of 2024, meaning the Broncos had to negotiate exit terms on the final 12 months to finalise his departure.
Reading between the lines it appears we're heavily front loading this year and next, and in return he gives up his 2024 contract year entirely.

So he does get an effective payrise for the next year and a half but he's given up 2024 entirely.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.