Matt lodge

With that many ex Broncos in that team you just know they’ll all have blinders... McGuire to run 200m and Macca with 100m and two try assists 🤦‍♂️
Pretty hard for McGuire to do that whilst suspended

Mate I think you're severely overestimating St Merge. They're shit and coached by a spud. They've won 1 of their last 7, which was against the Bulldogs. It's as winnable as any game we'll have.
Definitely no overestimation on my part for all the reasons that you stated. Road wins are rare for the Broncos (as are wins) and I don't see them winning two in a month. You are probably right, this match is "winnable" but extremely unlikely.

Hate to lose him. Interesting that Bennett built premierships on a powerhouse pack but never paid much for them. TPJ was skyting when Wayne left about getting paid. Hass is on under's as is Kennedy.

We threw the bank at Milford and our forwards. What was the thought process? Our forwards will camp outside their 10 and Milford will stroll through when pleased?

Our administration is manic. 7 years ago we were blasted for a tiny pack. Pop-gun McGuire leading it. Thaiday partnering Gillet. Parker in 13. Under V'Landy ball, i think they would excel. Small, mobile and aggressive.

The on-the-fly rule changes make it difficult to plan. Forwards win games, backs get laid. What kind of forward now? Bullemor looks like the current model. Fast, strong, agile. Asiata 13 is a mobil ball player. Would love a heat seeking defensive missile like Gillet who runs great lines.

The point being, we need a vision. What kind of football do we want to play? The limited interchange. Six again it obviously designed to take the power game out.

Reynolds is a massive signing. To kick for corners. Holy crap! imagine it... a sly 40/20. WTF!! Someone controlling a 6 again. A Fucking Kicking Game!!

P.S. I have a huge soft spot for Lodge as a heavy drinking ****-up that I am. He turned his life around big time. He also has a nasty financial hang over from NY. Poor bastard. Paid heavy for his **** ups.

P.s.s.. Milford should accept a train and trial deal in his own interests. He is not the man he or we thought he was. If he could rediscover his passion. His pay check was his downfall. 100k isn't too bad considering average man. He could think of it as investing in himself. Every University student does it. Why not him? What eye's up half doesn't want to partner Reynolds????

Hate to lose him. Interesting that Bennett built premierships on a powerhouse pack but never paid much for them. TPJ was skyting when Wayne left about getting paid. Hass is on under's as is Kennedy.

We threw the bank at Milford and our forwards. What was the thought process? Our forwards will camp outside their 10 and Milford will stroll through when pleased?

Our administration is manic. 7 years ago we were blasted for a tiny pack. Pop-gun McGuire leading it. Thaiday partnering Gillet. Parker in 13. Under V'Landy ball, i think they would excel. Small, mobile and aggressive.

The on-the-fly rule changes make it difficult to plan. Forwards win games, backs get laid. What kind of forward now? Bullemor looks like the current model. Fast, strong, agile. Asiata 13 is a mobil ball player. Would love a heat seeking defensive missile like Gillet who runs great lines.

The point being, we need a vision. What kind of football do we want to play? The limited interchange. Six again it obviously designed to take the power game out.

Reynolds is a massive signing. To kick for corners. Holy crap! imagine it... a sly 40/20. WTF!! Someone controlling a 6 again. A Fucking Kicking Game!!

P.S. I have a huge soft spot for Lodge as a heavy drinking ****-up that I am. He turned his life around big time. He also has a nasty financial hang over from NY. Poor bastard. Paid heavy for his **** ups.

P.s.s.. Milford should accept a train and trial deal in his own interests. He is not the man he or we thought he was. If he could rediscover his passion. His pay check was his downfall. 100k isn't too bad considering average man. He could think of it as investing in himself. Every University student does it. Why not him? What eye's up half doesn't want to partner Reynolds????
I wouldn’t want us to retain Milford even if he played for free.

The only way Lodge leaving makes sense is his player options. Even if we are chipping in half of his salary this season when he leaves, he doesn't get to activate his player options so that saves us 800 thousand dobbobux for next year and 2023. Unless of course somehow we allow a situation where he activates his options and still leaves, which somehow I can see the Broncos falling for.

So we released Dearden so he can play against us this season. Which also then allowed Clifford to go to Newcastle, which incidentally we still have to play and it makes them stronger as well. In fact Clifford was the standout when we payed the Cows a few weeks back. Why are we releasing players to effectively suit other teams and make them stronger before we play them? It seems really stupid.

I'd love an explanation from the club, preferably not Kevvie as he has lost all credibility when it comes to addressing player movement in our club.

It is what it is.....kinda pointless keeping Dearden around. Plus dont throw the baby out with the bathwater. Dearden is young, its quite possible he comes back to the club for a 2nd stint given the absolute paucity of quality halves being produced throughout the league.

Besides, who gives a **** about 2021.

Everything we do needs to be with 2022 in mind, its that simple...and im not confident it will be Walters whos in charge by then either. We could very well go B2B wooden spoons...

That cost the last bloke his job...

Whilst im sorry that Lodge is going i think recency bias is to blame. He hasnt for mine ever lived up to his contract. Plus Brisbane know the full scale of his injury history.

They may think Lodge simply wont give full value should he take up 2 years worth of PO!

I mean, how on earth does the club deal with that? Enter Newcastle.

I do think in 12 months or so we will be thanking them....

So we released Dearden so he can play against us this season. Which also then allowed Clifford to go to Newcastle, which incidentally we still have to play and it makes them stronger as well. In fact Clifford was the standout when we payed the Cows a few weeks back. Why are we releasing players to effectively suit other teams and make them stronger before we play them? It seems really stupid.

I'd love an explanation from the club, preferably not Kevvie as he has lost all credibility when it comes to addressing player movement in our club.
Salary Cap. Deardon moving now frees about 100-150k to front end some new contracts. Hes not going to strengthen the cows immediately.

I would say the same strategy is being applied to lodge - 250-300k left this year and moves his 650-700k PO's off our books. Lodge curiously could chose to activate his PO's now, providing there's no cheeky clauses HQ could have put in. It will be disappointing if he leaves, but his price is high and big props aren't commanding mega money in the current speed of the game.

Salary Cap. Deardon moving now frees about 100-150k to front end some new contracts. Hes not going to strengthen the cows immediately.

I would say the same strategy is being applied to lodge - 250-300k left this year and moves his 650-700k PO's off our books. Lodge curiously could chose to activate his PO's now, providing there's no cheeky clauses HQ could have put in. It will be disappointing if he leaves, but his price is high and big props aren't commanding mega money in the current speed of the game.
Do you actually know you can front load contracts? I've never seen it mentioned by a journalist or the NRL but we have seen backloading heavily get banned.

Do you actually know you can front load contracts? I've never seen it mentioned by a journalist or the NRL but we have seen backloading heavily get banned.
Yes the NRL will accept as its far less risky cap wise. The contract still has to go through cap auditing for approval. There are checks to ensure its not some gross manipulated deal - ie a 300k player being payed 1.0m year 1 and then 100k on the following 4 years for example.

I also believe they cant substitute for example, take 200k off their last year and add it on the front. It would have to be a top up or extension deal.

Roosters have been masters of this.

Thought he'd already activated them

I'm very disappointed in the angle the club has taken in regards to Lodge. Why would you move heaven and earth to offload one of your best performing forwards (and are willing to chip in to get it done) in a year where we're desperate to avoid another spoon? It just doesn't make any sense beyond personal agenda. I think Donuts might still have a bit of an axe to grind with Lodge ever since his time at Melbourne. I could be wrong of course, but something just smells about this one.

Yes the NRL will accept as its far less risky cap wise. The contract still has to go through cap auditing for approval. There are checks to ensure its not some gross manipulated deal - ie a 300k player being payed 1.0m year 1 and then 100k on the following 4 years for example.

I also believe they cant substitute for example, take 200k off their last year and add it on the front. It would have to be a top up or extension deal.

Roosters have been masters of this.
In theory could we offer Hynes 300k this year as a sign on bonus then 333k X 3 years? I think that would be a good reason to offload Dearden/Lodge early. Give Hynes/Hodgson upfront cash as a sign on bonus while we're in a year that we're not going to challenge for a premiership anyway.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.