Matt lodge

Knights fans are claiming that we’re paying 400k for the next three years. Surely that’s fake news and cope on their behalf.

We pay all our forwards too much (except Haas). Need majority of money on quality spine players. Young forwards come through all the time that can do a job off the bench on minimum wages. Lodge can go because we signed him on too much money but only if we are not paying more the 100K a year.
You reckon we pay Kennedy too much??????🙄

No way Lodge gets released before we play Dragons if TPJ makes NSW squad

No way Lodge gets released before we play Dragons if TPJ makes NSW squad
Why not? This season is long gone. The rebuild starts next year and what happens this season (results wise) is totally irrelevant as it will be a very different Bronco roster in 2022.

Why not? This season is long gone. The rebuild starts next year and what happens this season (results wise) is totally irrelevant as it will be a very different Bronco roster in 2022.

I can't agree. The mental damage that consistent losing (and losing big) is doing to these young guys cannot be overstated. In the same way as the Panthers have forgotten how to lose, squads can very easily forget how to win. Look at Milford as a perfect example of a total loss of confidence in his own ability, it's distressing to watch. We've seen similar things in a lot of these young blokes over the past 2 years and the less it happens the better for them in the future.

The more wins we get on the board this year in preparation, the better our season will be in 2022 - different roster or not.

If it was a game we had no chance of winning, I would agree with you 100pct. However, we are playing the Dragons which is a very winnable game. I agree that the season is over so far as making the 8, but we should be aiming to avoid the spoon and also claim bragging rights for being the highest placed qld which based on Titans recent performances is also achievable. Having said all that, maybe somebody is coming our way from the Knights, who knows.

I can't agree. The mental damage that consistent losing (and losing big) is doing to these young guys cannot be overstated. In the same way as the Panthers have forgotten how to lose, squads can very easily forget how to win. Look at Milford as a perfect example of a total loss of confidence in his own ability, it's distressing to watch. We've seen similar things in a lot of these young blokes over the past 2 years and the less it happens the better for them in the future.

The more wins we get on the board this year in preparation, the better our season will be in 2022 - different roster or not.
Very good points there but Kevie won't hang onto Lodge an extra week just because TPJ may get picked for SOO like the OP suggests. Whilst Kevie will be hoping for some favorable results for the second half of the season, he has his mind firmly set on 2022 when he can offload a lot of the rubbish and start building the team that he wants.

If it was a game we had no chance of winning, I would agree with you 100pct. However, we are playing the Dragons which is a very winnable game. I agree that the season is over so far as making the 8, but we should be aiming to avoid the spoon and also claim bragging rights for being the highest placed qld which based on Titans recent performances is also achievable. Having said all that, maybe somebody is coming our way from the Knights, who knows.
Is the Dragons game really winnable on a cold Thursday night in Kogarah? Lodge or not, they are unlikely to come away with the points despite St. George being desperately under strength.

Newcastle are on struggle street as well but are still stronger than we are. We won't beat them in Newc. but could get them when they venture up north (maybe).

I, like Kevie & co. have set my sights on 2022 when hopefully some sort of revival eventuates.

Is the Dragons game really winnable on a cold Thursday night in Kogarah? Lodge or not, they are unlikely to come away with the points despite St. George being desperately under strength.

Newcastle are on struggle street as well but are still stronger than we are. We won't beat them in Newc. but could get them when they venture up north (maybe).

I, like Kevie & co. have set my sights on 2022 when hopefully some sort of revival eventuates.
Mate I think you're severely overestimating St Merge. They're shit and coached by a spud. They've won 1 of their last 7, which was against the Bulldogs. It's as winnable as any game we'll have.

Mate I think you're severely overestimating St Merge. They're shit and coached by a spud. They've won 1 of their last 7, which was against the Bulldogs. It's as winnable as any game we'll have.
With that many ex Broncos in that team you just know they’ll all have blinders... McGuire to run 200m and Macca with 100m and two try assists 🤦‍♂️

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • heartly87
  • Manifesto
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.