Matt lodge

No disrespect to OP but he has no idea what he’s talking about. The post is so inaccurate that I thought it was a troll.
Well I was looking to be respectful given the account has been around since 2014 and may be a lurker rather than a troll 👍 👍

Plus it's buck!! maybe he's come out of the woodwork after finally doing a couple laps of Suncorp...

I'd cover 80% of his salary for this year and none for future years just to get him off our books. That 2 year option has Isaac Moses written all over it.

Matt Lodge can pocket an extra $200k from agent commission if he terminates his contract with Moses, only if Moses loses his appeal against being banned as a player agent. Don't think Lodge can terminate his Broncos contract though.

I'm very conflicted on Lodge. He really hasn't done anything wrong. The retards in the NRL and their ridiculous rule changes have done more harm to the quality of his game than anything else, and he can't exactly do anything about that. If we could find a way to get him playing a style of game closer to what Haas delivers then I would happily keep him. Yes he's being overpaid but there isn't much we can do about that now. The best we can hope for is he approaches the club for a release on compassionate grounds so he can go home. It might even be worth inquiring with Canberra about a direct swap for Papalii.

Well I was looking to be respectful given the account has been around since 2014 and may be a lurker rather than a troll 👍 👍

Plus it's buck!! maybe he's come out of the woodwork after finally doing a couple laps of Suncorp...
Buck died years ago. Don't know how many bucks there's been since.

Lodge for Klemmer .... these are the times when we find if the powers-that-be at Red Hill have learned a skerrick of common sense from their past blunders. IMO Klemmer's a dunderhead who drops more balls than a lotto machine !!

Lodge for Klemmer .... these are the times when we find if the powers-that-be at Red Hill have learned a skerrick of common sense from their past blunders. IMO Klemmer's a dunderhead who drops more balls than a lotto machine !!
It's ok somehow it's a brilliant move to sign an older player who is at best(gotta love our strikerate at best case scenario recruitments of late) a sideways improvement and we can use the 5 cents we save in the move to re-sign 2018 POTY™. Say can we write that 5 cents off as charity for tax purposes and possible salary cap means?

Klemmer is still a good player with heaps of rep experience and considerably better stats than Lodge.
I think it would be an upgrade on Lodge in terms of talent, but the Broncos need to spend a bit less on middle forwards, not more.

Klemmer for Lodge makes zero sense UNLESS Newcastle are putting 300+K in Klemmers suitcase. This might be a bullshit story made from whole cloth but it does make me wonder about Klemmers personal situation. I was idly musing that Klemmer himself might be behind it. I know I know, without a shred of evidence but I was thinking maybe he wants out, a change of lifestyle, a new love interest from SEQ perhaps , something that makes moving North attractive and he's seen an opening. Just speculating.

Klemmer is an excellent player and he's 27, peak age for a prop. I'd happily do the trade but I don't see the point if we're paying more. Even money trade? I'd take it.

Klemmer is an excellent player and he's 27, peak age for a prop. I'd happily do the trade but I don't see the point if we're paying more. Even money trade? I'd take it.
Next year perhaps but not during this season. Unless there's a problem within the team involving Lodge I just don't see why we'd **** with the harmony.

To be fair I'd be happy if he did get suspended. One of my biggest pet peeves is his knee lifting.
Absolutely, totally agree.

Problem is though that he’s been doing it his entire career without sanction.

He’d come here and all of a sudden he’d be suspended, because Broncos.

Klemmer is still one of the best props in the game, he really should still be starting for NSW and possibly Australia. If we can get a straight swap for Lodge, I'd have no issues whatsoever. It's a bit of a sideways trade, as Lodge has been killing it lately, but if we are so determined to get rid of him, Klemmer would be ideal.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.