Matt Parcell to Manly

Re: Matt Parcell to Manly. No longer a rumour it seems.

It's a rumour until it's confirmed by the club, the rumour was that the Titans had won the race 2 days ago, and now the Eagles have won the race, didn't really need another thread.

Re: Matt Parcell to Manly. No longer a rumour it seems.

Shame if it's true. No one wants to battle it out like Benny Hunt did all those years ago!

Matt Parcell poised to leave Brisbane Broncos for Manly Sea Eagles in 2016

BOOM Broncos rookie Matt Parcell was earning only $500 a win at Ipswich last year but is poised to sign a deal with Manly worth several hundred thousand dollars.

Manly are in pole position to sign the dynamic hooker in a rich multi-year deal as Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett revealed he didn’t want to hold the 22-year-old back.

Brisbane will lose Parcell because they can’t match the lucrative deals and greater playing time rival clubs are offering.

Brisbane have an 80-minute hooker in Andrew McCullough while rising star utility Kodi Nikorima has been impressive off the bench.

Parcell has been a good buy for the Broncos after being signed on a minimum wage deal by Brisbane last October.
The Gold Coast Titans and Cronulla Sharks have also chased Parcell but it is understood Manly have all but won the race.

Bennett told The Courier-Mail he would have liked to keep Parcell but his progression showed their development system was working.

“Matty is a good young player and I wasn’t going to hold him back,” Bennett said.

“That’s the great part about the system.

“Ipswich and the Walker brothers (Ben and Shane) there have done a great job with him, we’ve helped him along the way and it makes you feel good.

“At the end of the day, I want Matt to be successful.

“I don’t see it as a shame, it’s a process, it’s the way the system should be working.

“Ipswich helped get him to the Broncos, he got to the Broncos and took his opportunities here.

“We’d love him to stay here, he wants to stay here but we cannot make the offer that he’s got elsewhere.
“That’s business. I’d rather help a kid on his journey.

“I like Matt, he’s a very good player, I have a lot of time for him. He will have a good NRL career.”

The Broncos will make a raft of player re-signing announcements in the next month with Alex Glenn, Sam Thaiday and Jordan Kahu all to stay at Red Hill.

Jayden Nikorima is likely to stay as well and sign a one-year extension like his brother Kodi did earlier this year.

The Broncos will wait for Justin Hodges to announce his future before confirming any of those signings. The club will need to tie up the Nikorimas long-term at some point now that they have lost Parcell.

The Broncos have been impressed by teenage hooker Jayden Berrell who is the best rake in Queensland in his age group.

Source: Matt Parcell poised to leave Brisbane Broncos for Manly Sea Eagles in 2016

New article with quotes from Bennett confirming that Parcell is leaving.

Also, it's mentioned that Glenn, Thaiday, Kahu and J Nik are all likely to re-sign.

Keeping McC over Granville before this season began was a much bigger mistake than this.

yeah, absolute shame but I guess the silver lining will be if we sign both Nikorima boys.

Gonna be hard to cheer for him at manly though:(

Milf, Hunt and Granville in form together would have been insane. I like Macca, he's a tackle machine and a hard worker but lacks a bit of pace... Who knows, one of the Niko's may turn out better than them all

I prefer macca to those guys with group of players around him . He has the skills to complement the team he's in. I couldn't be happier. He's importing week to week and he's going to be dynamic in a years's time under Bennett

Milf, Hunt and Granville in form together would have been insane. I like Macca, he's a tackle machine and a hard worker but lacks a bit of pace... Who knows, one of the Niko's may turn out better than them all

See. . This is where people get it wrong.
That's too much "spark" and not enough control / doing the hard work in the ruck like macca does.

Why i think he complements the others well. He's smart and hard. He will soon explode.. He's such a Smith style player and when he explodes, you'll all see its another DCE> HUNT situation or Milford to fullback argument. Give him more time. . You surely can see his potential is starting to be opened up and exposed.

See. . This is where people get it wrong.
That's too much "spark" and not enough control / doing the hard work in the ruck like macca does.

Why i think he complements the others well. He's smart and hard. He will soon explode.. He's such a Smith style player and when he explodes, you'll all see its another DCE> HUNT situation or Milford to fullback argument. Give him more time. . You surely can see his potential is starting to be opened up and exposed.

I remember hearing that 100 first grade games ago. He's pretty much at his "peak" now. Also Smith is the only Smith type player.

Macca's a better all round player than Granville imo, at least this season.
Arrr...no. Cannot agree with that. I've never heard MC mentioned when they wax lyrical about the Broncos but Granvilles name is on everyone's lips when they describe The Cows season.

Fox are reporting that Ballin is refusing to go and will play in NSW Cup if he has to. That'll throw a spanner in the Manly works.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Morepudding
  • MrMoore
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.