McCullough re-signs with Broncos

As for the topic of the thread. Good resigning.

The bulldogs situation is a good example of them identifying and signing a fresh up and comer in Licha, letting ennis go off and win the soft comp.

Would not be nice seeing Mac move on to success while leaving a big hole

As for "by far the best backup fb".

Mead might not have the passing game like boyd but hes every bit as solid defensively as kahu, has a better running game and has sctually won matches from that position in the past. Hes probably played a few bit more there aswell
No, Mead's not every bit as solid defensively, he does not have a better running game, or passing, or catching high balls, or kicking (outside of goal kicking). He probably does have Kahu for speed and robustness, but that really is where it ends...

@Unbreakable , I guess we'll find out soon enough, but I don't believe Kahu was demoted at all. It's the old conundrum where Kahu would be good as a centre (he has proven he can play the position well, but like any other player, needs some time to adapt to changes, which he never really had a chance to), but because there are other valid choices there, he ends up back on the wing, where he stands head and shoulders above the rest of the competition.

In regards to his goal kicking, he puts in the practice work and has always had a really good technique, but we'll see what that translates to.
I didn't know he was already suffering from that cork when he attempted the first kick against the Cows... should've never done that.

Yes, it means he's capable of winning matches with his Rugby League ability.

It was a very broad comment, but once again you knew that and are just looking to start some argument over semantics to boost your already extremely inflated ego. How about you let other people have a personal opinion, not everyone has as much free time as you to spend combing over every game and recording every little detail in case they come in handy later down the track in a debate, jesus dude, get a life.

You keep talking about having no free time.. But in the time it's taken you to have this so called argument, you could have watched a dozen highlight reels on youtube to see if Roberts has in fact been the player you described.

Highlights don't show the full picture but if he has been the player you described then it would show in that footage.

As I said the other day, you are more than welcome to have an opinion. But when you make claims about players, some people may want you to back it up which you have not been able to do.

Instead of doing so, you have decided to crack the shits yet again.

By the way, I don't have as much free time as you think I do. But it really doesn't take long to look at footage..

You keep talking about having no free time.. But in the time it's taken you to have this so called argument, you could have watched a dozen highlight reels on youtube to see if Roberts has in fact been the player you described.

The fact that you're still incapable of understanding my point is actually incredible. I've already explained several times that when I said "He's a match winner", I meant that in the broad spectrum of him having a knack for making something happen out of nothing, which can turn the course of games, and potentially result in us gaining the momentum or edge required to win said games.

You constantly asking me to watch hours of footage is completely irrelevant when I'm speaking in broad terms, not literal instances of him winning games for us by himself..

I don't think I can explain this any easier for you..

Highlights don't show the full picture but if he has been the player you described then it would show in that footage.

As I said the other day, you are more than welcome to have an opinion. But when you make claims about players, some people may want you to back it up which you have not been able to do.

Instead of doing so, you have decided to crack the shits yet again.

By the way, I don't have as much free time as you think I do. But it really doesn't take long to look at footage..
You both have far too much spare time but I enjoy reading your arguments. You both make some very good points.

No, Mead's not every bit as solid defensively, he does not have a better running game, or passing, or catching high balls, or kicking (outside of goal kicking). He probably does have Kahu for speed and .
i think i'll just agree to disagree before we even get started

No, Mead's not every bit as solid defensively, he does not have a better running game, or passing, or catching high balls, or kicking (outside of goal kicking). He probably does have Kahu for speed and robustness, but that really is where it ends...

@Unbreakable , I guess we'll find out soon enough, but I don't believe Kahu was demoted at all. It's the old conundrum where Kahu would be good as a centre (he has proven he can play the position well, but like any other player, needs some time to adapt to changes, which he never really had a chance to), but because there are other valid choices there, he ends up back on the wing, where he stands head and shoulders above the rest of the competition.

In regards to his goal kicking, he puts in the practice work and has always had a really good technique, but we'll see what that translates to.
I didn't know he was already suffering from that cork when he attempted the first kick against the Cows... should've never done that.

I'm a massive Kahu fan. And he was def injured prior to that goal kick as he limped away. Maybe he hadn't experienced taking a kick with a cork before but he would have learnt that lesson now.

I am very happy with this. I only nit pic maccas games he only has a few areas of concern and they are small compared to his pluses. Very few put it on the line like he does and if he gets a license to run like he did the other night even better.

Well at least I'll have a guaranteed player to nag about for the next 4 years.

As for the Kabu discussion, you can say he's played more games than Boyd, but it's not about how many he has played, it seems like Kahu is always injured, even when he's playing, he regularly seems to be at 50%.

I don't think I recall the last time he has sprinted. That's not me having a go at Kahu, I actually think he's a brilliant player, but he's made of glass. If he could be 100% fit and free of niggling injuries, I'd rate him right up there with any other back in the game. He's a talent for sure, but a big risk.

Looks like the comings and goings have stabilised which must be satisfying to Wayne after the has beens have taken a shot at him. It's all good news for us and I can actually see others staying on for less. Let's look at Wallace and sims ...one hasn't rated a mention since moving on and the other is being bandied around already for origin. I don't think the loyalty shown to Kahu through his injuries is lost on him so we'd be in the box seat to retain him.

Very happy with the McCullough signing so some of you will have to find some other key player to unjustifiably kick the shit out of.

His defence is top notch but his service is average. I'd be excited if he could pass like an actual hooker could.

Hey so I know asking for proof doesn't work on here but can someone pinpoint some of this poor service from McCullough? I can't see it and the small things I do see aren't enough to actually say he has poor service.

When members say that Cult, I believe they're referring to Macca's insistence to pick the ball up, tease to run, only to pass it which nobody falls for and how often he usually hits the playmaker with an inaccurate pass which limits their time to come up with the right play.

Now it's a difficult thing to demonstrate because you're literally talking about 2400 touches over the course of the season and comparing that with 30 000 other touches from other dummy halves.

If I had an issue with McCullough, it's that he's predictible and rarely comes up with a big play. In fact, whenever he does come up with a big play he'll usually follow it up with an error. Or whenever he has a good game and you think he's turned a corner, he'll follow it up with a poor one where his only real contribution was a forward pass that cost the Broncos all momentum.

Wayne learned a valuable lesson at the World Club Championship.

If you keep selecting Titans players, you'll end up becoming 'em!

The Gold Coast are following a similar logic and no surprise their best players so far have been former Broncos. Taylor, Wallace, Peteru...

As for Roberts, if we're selecting players based on match winning potential then let's go and sign Chrissy Sandow. Just because you have the potential doesn't mean squat if you're not pulling your weight. Roberts has been among the worst at the club and you can blame Hunt and Boyd all you want, they can't teach him how to run lines or how to commit to a line. If I see Roberts dance around one more time, just one more time...
I like the first part of this post. Insightful.

But the rest is just crap.

Roberts' defence has been outstanding so far this year. His effort is incredible. He's really going to have a good year!

I just love how the good news of resigning macca has been completely derailed by bs.

Good going Andrew. You do you. Congrats on the new contract mate

I like the first part of this post. Insightful.

But the rest is just crap.

Roberts' defence has been outstanding so far this year. His effort is incredible. He's really going to have a good year!

Could be right, I don't recall mentioning his defence although now that you've reminded me I thought his efforts on Leutele were ordinary. I did mention his work with the football and I stand by it and would look to see it addressed.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • Fatboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Nerd
  • Shane Tronc
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • bazza
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.