McCullough re-signs with Broncos

what we also need to do IMO, is find a talented rookie as a back up. someone that is capable of putting pressure on Macca's position.

Macca always seems to lift his game whenever there are question over his future ... like when the Smith and Farah coming to us rumours were around

The only issue is that there really isn't many good Hookers coming through as far as I know.. The fact that Jayden Berrell was the Hooker for the Australian U20's in 2015 should pretty much say it all, he's barely a QCUP level Hooker right now. The only other 2 young Hookers that are making waves right now are Jayden Brailey (Likely to be signed long-term by the Sharks) and Brandon Smith, who was just signed for 3 years by the Storm, likely heir to Cameron Smith.

I can't think of any other young 9's that I've watched or heard about that are overly impressing right now.

If people truly want examples of slow service it can be seen at its most glaring in field goal attempts. How many times do we end up running it because by the time Hunt/Milford gets the ball they've already got defenders on them? Honestly I'd rather McCullough take the attempts himself out of dummy half. Given the opposition markers' propensity to jump the gun he'd probably have a free shot.

Bullshit. Not even Cameron Smith could pass fast enough and accurate enough to get the ball to our halves before opposition teams have moved onto them. Players are within metres of them before Macca touches the ball from dummy half, not because he's slow but because they're the fastest people in the world over 15 metres, obviously.

The only issue is that there really isn't many good Hookers coming through as far as I know.. The fact that Jayden Berrell was the Hooker for the Australian U20's in 2015 should pretty much say it all, he's barely a QCUP level Hooker right now. The only other 2 young Hookers that are making waves right now are Jayden Brailey (Likely to be signed long-term by the Sharks) and Brandon Smith, who was just signed for 3 years by the Storm, likely heir to Cameron Smith.

I can't think of any other young 9's that I've watched or heard about that are overly impressing right now.

Berrell is Wynnum's hooker and got MOTM on Saturday.

Turpin is young playing ISC and is going well with the Storm.

Broncos have Jason Hetherington's twins and one is a hooker.

Woolfe is at the Broncos and is a hooker. He was the Qld hooker last year.

ANDREW McCullough has ensured he will remain a one-club man after signing a new four-year deal with the NRMA Insurance Broncos this morning.
It is a huge show of faith by the 27-year-old, with the new contract to cover NRL seasons 2018-2021.
McCullough is already in the club leadership group, and is considered future captaincy material.
As he signed the deal today he said he was pleased to lock in his long-term future with the Broncos.
“It is exciting,” said McCullough after he inked the contract.
“To be here another four years and to have that security for myself and my fiancée is really good, and something that doesn’t happen often in rugby league.
“But I am very grateful for it.”
Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said securing McCullough was further good news for the Brisbane club.
“Andrew has been with us since his early teens so to have him re-sign for another four years is wonderful news for the club,” said White.
“His new deal comes on the back of the recent signings of Josh McGuire and Corey Oates, who are all young guys who have been with us since their start and are now re-committing to the club.
“We see these guys as the next crop of leaders of the Broncos, so to have those players committing to new deals underlines the great stability of the club as a whole.”

Sigh......no premiership for at least another 4 yrs then. :awwwman:

If people truly want examples of slow service it can be seen at its most glaring in field goal attempts. How many times do we end up running it because by the time Hunt/Milford gets the ball they've already got defenders on them? Honestly I'd rather McCullough take the attempts himself out of dummy half. Given the opposition markers' propensity to jump the gun he'd probably have a free shot.

Rarely.

The times that did happen, the problem wasn't Macca. The problem was Hunt and Milford not positioning themselves correctly, they weren't standing deep enough.

Round 9, 2015 vs the Panthers I believe, we were in field goal position and Hunt was going to take a shot but he didn't because the defence was already in his face so he passed the ball instead. But the problem wasn't the pass from Macca, the problem was that Hunt wasn't standing deep enough. He was too close.

I can confidently say that over 90% of the time Hunt and Milford had more than enough time to take a shot. But sometimes they hesitated and took too long so the defence was able to get up in their face.

But I do agree that Macca should take some field goal attempts. I see him practicing them in the warm-ups often and he nails them every time. He has a good technique and he is arguably our best option.

Rarely.

The times that did happen, the problem wasn't Macca. The problem was Hunt and Milford not positioning themselves correctly, they weren't standing deep enough.

Round 9, 2015 vs the Panthers I believe, we were in field goal position and Hunt was going to take a shot but he didn't because the defence was already in his face so he passed the ball instead. But the problem wasn't the pass from Macca, the problem was that Hunt wasn't standing deep enough. He was too close.

I can confidently say that over 90% of the time Hunt and Milford had more than enough time to take a shot. But sometimes they hesitated and took too long so the defence was able to get up in their face.

But I do agree that Macca should take some field goal attempts. I see him practicing them in the warm-ups often and he nails them every time. He has a good technique and he is arguably our best option.
He should be our primary kicker. That's it chuck him the 7.

He should be our primary kicker. That's it chuck him the 7.

Funny but he could be a decent option at 7 defence is obviously solid. I know he played halves as a junior before turning into a hooker.

Unsure of his ability as a ball player and I'd be worried about his short kicking game... he can't get anything to the in goal from dummy half.

dLUEc2d.gif

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.